Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 07:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I never said it isn't. On another note I had a good laugh now reading DW news at how butthurt the "independent" (ok, German-owned...) EU is about Bulgaria vetoing Makedonia's EU membership, it's not like the EU can function normally and you expect a vaccine system lol.
Does Bulgaria want Makedonia to rejoin? Seems it couldn't hurt having a referendum in both countries. It's not like Bulgaria is threatening to anyone living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 03:24 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

The claim is for Makedonia to admit they don't have language + admit WW2 occupation wasn't from a Nazi ally (which honestly - it was). Basically there's no way in hell for Makedonia to accept these but I suspect Germany and France can send more Euros to the corrupt politicians in Bulgaria so they withdraw it...it's not the first time North Macedonia is being stopped for the EU, even France wanted something from them 2-3 years ago.

With stuff like that I can't see Serbia and Ukraine anytime soon in the EU, at least not for decades.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:09 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
He's a former diplomat who writes anti American opinion pieces on a blog for years. The US had nothing at all to do with this conflict. This is between the EU and Russia. We only got involved once the government asked for support from being literally attacked by the Russian military. We have an interest in what happens but this isn't because of our involvement. I'm not linking propaganda, I'm easily rebutting facts (its fun, what can I say).
You're advocating one side so everything that refutes your opinion is going to be anti-. That's generally the way discussions are carried by chickenhawks, Zionists, imperialist, communists, and other people who are pushing an aggressive geopolitical posture. They only see one outcome possible before a conflict and become extremely frustrated and point fingers when it doesn't happen. You're not rebutting anything. You're just inserting your own opinion, which is baseless and the same as propaganda, as are the others who are pro-Russia.

I think it's telling when you become extremely agitated over a point that Ukraine is probably going to be in this holding pattern for a long time. They are in a position where they have to be careful about giving away too much of the economy to the foreign investors without getting help for the economy. That is generally what has been occurring with Greece.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:41 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
On sanctions imposed on Igor Kolomoysky

(Statement made today by the Secretary of State, Antony Blinken)

They decided to impose sanctions on oligarch Kolomoysky apparently for *corruption* - what clowns))) ( How about the rest of the oligarchs? Poroshenko, Zlochevsky ?
No, I guess the rest of Ukrainian oligarchs are non-corrupt choir boys)))

But anyways, these comments are coming from Ukrainian "Nash" TV channel today;

"So may be our viewers don't know it yet, that today, the State Department, Blinken...
Oh wait by the way, this is important; before I'll proceed with the rest..
Remember the comment that Canadian ambassador to Ukraine, Vashuk, made regarding the control of our country by external powers?
He basically acknowledged that they ( the West) overdid it, while appointing their overseers in each and every branch of our government - NABU and all.

So it's not just me, talking about it and proving it with the facts and documents in hand - it's a member of G-7 who acknowledged it publicly himself. So this would be a political scandal in any other country - just not ours.

But back to these sanctions on Kolomoysky.
America gave itself the right - it's deligated this right to itself to conduct "de-oligarchization" around the world. At that, apparently, there are right kind of oligarchs, "our guys" that shouldn't be touched and the "bad guys."
This whole affair between US and Kolomoysky goes already for long time; he was deprived of American visa, then he was getting the visa back, then there was this whole story with his "Privat" bank, but now the new US administration sent the signal to Ukrainian state; actually - two signals.
The first one - "We, Americans, can't establish total control over your country because of your dependency on few oligarchic clans. We understand that these clans influence a lot of internal decisions, but we, Americans, would like to control it all ourselves."
So they are sending Zelensky a signal, a geopolitical signal; "This is the one for starters that needs to go. ( Kolomoysky that is.) The ball is in your court."
This puts Zelensky in a very uncomfortable position now.

He can't start an attack on Kolomoysky for a number of reasons ( that Kolomoysky controls small fraction in "The Servant of the people" party is not the most important one.)

But if he will ignore the message sent from Washington, and will be careful avoiding any decisive moves ( as he was avoiding them during the investigation connected to Hunter Biden,) and Americans will feel that they are not in control, they can easily go for reboot of political establishment in Ukraine.

With current 75% of disapproval of Zelensky government among the Ukrainians, it will be easy to achieve."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR7hnWtsORo

Last edited by erasure; 03-05-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 05:34 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
You're advocating one side so everything that refutes your opinion is going to be anti-. That's generally the way discussions are carried by chickenhawks, Zionists, imperialist, communists, and other people who are pushing an aggressive geopolitical posture. They only see one outcome possible before a conflict and become extremely frustrated and point fingers when it doesn't happen. You're not rebutting anything. You're just inserting your own opinion, which is baseless and the same as propaganda, as are the others who are pro-Russia.

I think it's telling when you become extremely agitated over a point that Ukraine is probably going to be in this holding pattern for a long time. They are in a position where they have to be careful about giving away too much of the economy to the foreign investors without getting help for the economy. That is generally what has been occurring with Greece.
Not quite. I am simply advocating reality instead of accepting fake news made up by Russian propagandists. They don't have to be Russian to push this Kremlin line (hello Donald). It is not my opinion that the US didn't start Ukraine's anti Russian revolution. It was Ukrainians who decided this themselves. That simple fact is the whole reason Russia is going hysterical for 7 years now, lashing out at anyone it can blame for this situation. The blame should be directed at Europe for giving Ukrainians the idea they can improve their country by integrating their system with Europe's.

There is a lot of things wrong with Ukraine and it's leaders, and I would be happy to discuss with anyone as time allows. I know they will be in a holding pattern for a while longer (the pandemic doesn't help). But I can't discuss since this thread is full of Russians angry at America for winning the cold war. And taking every single positive event in Ukraine and pretending its bad. So be it, I don't get upset at words on some forum.

Last edited by DKM; 03-05-2021 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Not quite. I am simply advocating reality instead of accepting fake news made up by Russian propagandists. They don't have to be Russian to push this Kremlin line (hello Donald). It is not my opinion that the US didn't start Ukraine's anti Russian revolution. It was Ukrainians who decided this themselves. That simple fact is the whole reason Russia is going hysterical for 7 years now, lashing out at anyone it can blame for this situation. The blame should be directed at Europe for giving Ukrainians the idea they can improve their country by integrating their system with Europe's.

There is a lot of things wrong with Ukraine and it's leaders, and I would be happy to discuss with anyone as time allows. I know they will be in a holding pattern for a while longer (the pandemic doesn't help). But I can't discuss since this thread is full of Russians angry at America for winning the cold war. And taking every single positive event in Ukraine and pretending its bad. So be it, I don't get upset at words on some forum.

You can't "advocate" anything DKM, because your understanding of things is too superficial.

It was a good thing that Soviet system crumbled, but it was not wise of Americans to target Russia itself ( not just *Soviet system*) as the end result. Because the victory in the "cold war" is not the same as victory in the real war, when you can come to the capital, force the enemy to sign the capitulation and bring your troops in for further occupation.

The victory in the "cold war" is rather symbolic, and the party that *lost,* thus has always an opportunity to recuperate and reconfigure in such ways, that might make the *winner* feel quite uncomfortable.

That's number one.
And number two - the big problem here is that those $ 5 billion that US gov. spent on the change of government in Ukraine, brought forth the very unsavory force in Ukraine; namely - Ukrainian Nationalists ( the Nazi,) and this brought the whole host of troubles in so-called "Ukrainian state."

Not to mention the whole "Crimea" question, that became the source of the new international conflict.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:19 PM
DKM

Yet here are the facts that contradict such nonsense: Ukrainians changed their own government. Simple.

Crimea isn't the source of any international conflict. There is no conflict in Crimea at all.

Like I said, anger at the loss of Empire, Russia lashes out as their own country falters.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:35 AM

168 posts, read 128,719 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPD204oArms

Old 03-06-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Yet here are the facts that contradict such nonsense: Ukrainians changed their own government. Simple.

And I would have believed you, if not for those $5 American billion and infamous "F*** the EU" of Victoria Nuland.

Oh, that, and the appointment voiced by her of the next Ukrainian government - who should be there and who should not.

But the boots on the ground were Ukrainian, yes - those paramilitary Nazi Units on Maidan Square, that were setting police officers on fire and shooting them.

We know that much.

Quote:
Crimea isn't the source of any international conflict. There is no conflict in Crimea at all.

Like I said, anger at the loss of Empire, Russia lashes out as their own country falters.
Is it so? How interesting.
Then whence THIS anger comes I wonder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcsKBmbEopA

Last edited by erasure; 03-06-2021 at 08:15 PM..

Old 03-07-2021, 06:22 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
Lol at the poster saying Ukraine became an American colony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe