Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 04:56 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This tribalism has dogged the Slavic peoples for millennia. It's why they were absorbed by the Swedish vikings, the Varangians and it's why Slavs are a people that are weak and subject to the will of others. Even the Nazis.

This tribalism is the best way to describe the "fascism" you see in central Europe. The different groups are forever at one anothers throats at one time or another and because of that easily manipulated and exploited. You see it throughout the history of the region.

Scrat, Varangians ARE the vikings ( Swedish or Norwegian - that I don't know) - that's the name they are known under in Russia historically.

And of course "Slavs are tribal" ( Russians including.)
There is nothing wrong with it, as long as at the end they develop the statehood, the understanding of law and order, the intellectual level of what science and "diplomacy" are.
Which is exactly what culminated in Moscow principality, that later turned into the center of development of the Russian state.

However the bleating idiots with tribal mentality, roaming at the periphery of that state, decided that they are a "separate state" too, and that's where the problem is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 05:24 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
You're deluded. The main dam at Tavriisk on the Dniepre is being used and can be closed but is open. I don't know what you saw but the canal for the most part has never been empty. Why? Ukrainian farmers downstream depend on it for their needs too. I doubt you've seen anything aside from some unverifiable photos. I've followed this mess for most of those 7 years and only recently has the new dam north west of Armianck been completed. Cutting off the Crimea entirely. Up to this point there was some getting through, enough to sustain the rest in the Crimea.

Countries have went to war for less and the deprivation of a population of the means of life is hard to top when it comes to a reason to go to war. The Nazis in Kiev just spent 60+ million on that dam and in any sane mind it was not money well spent. The uncivilized baboons in Kiev could cut a deal for water payment and it's best they do because it is fair and right to do so. if they want to be stupid then there's no reason Russia should show any respect for those apes. Take Tavriisk too, just to make sure. Hell, take the whole of Kherson Oblast.
Yes the gate in Kahovka is opened enough to send water downstream to the southern half of the oblast. Maybe it wasn't completely empty but the water was a lot lower than it was 10 years ago, to be sure. Looked empty to me anyway...There was a makeshift gate north of the border since 2014 too, just recently it was upgraded to a proper dam. This is funny someone in the USA telling me how this canal works, when I've been there myself and seen it. Sort of as funny as Russians in the USA claiming what people in SE Ukraine want and what life is really like when they haven't been there like I have. There is also a nice overflow gate to the sea so the Russian's won't get any excess water from the canal.

Putin thought his invasion would have no consequences, and he was wrong. The people in this region are tough. They will murder any invaders and fling their heads back over the borders. Russians aren't good enough at fighting to even think of trying to invade here. They can only fling artillery, which won't reach the river. They couldn't even take Avdiivka after 3 years of trying.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes the gate in Kahovka is opened enough to send water downstream to the southern half of the oblast. Maybe it wasn't completely empty but the water was a lot lower than it was 10 years ago, to be sure. Looked empty to me anyway...There was a makeshift gate north of the border since 2014 too, just recently it was upgraded to a proper dam. This is funny someone in the USA telling me how this canal works, when I've been there myself and seen it. Sort of as funny as Russians in the USA claiming what people in SE Ukraine want and what life is really like when they haven't been there like I have. There is also a nice overflow gate to the sea so the Russian's won't get any excess water from the canal.

Putin thought his invasion would have no consequences, and he was wrong. The people in this region are tough. They will murder any invaders and fling their heads back over the borders. Russians aren't good enough at fighting to even think of trying to invade here. They can only fling artillery, which won't reach the river. They couldn't even take Avdiivka after 3 years of trying.

As I've already said, his BIG, BIG mistake was that he didn't go far enough and didn't take over the area completely ( all of the South-East,) in spite of all the howling of the West.

But then, again that's why he is Putin ( a necessary evil,) and not the kind of leader that Russia REALLY needs.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
This tribalism has dogged the Slavic peoples for millennia. It's why they were absorbed by the Swedish vikings, the Varangians and it's why Slavs are a people that are weak and subject to the will of others. Even the Nazis.

This tribalism is the best way to describe the "fascism" you see in central Europe. The different groups are forever at one anothers throats at one time or another and because of that easily manipulated and exploited. You see it throughout the history of the region.

Oh you didn't put "and" in between I just noticed, so there was no need in my correction - sorry.

But I still don't know whether the "Varangians" were of Swedish or Norwegian kind, so this stands)))

Old 02-21-2021, 09:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:

The only consequences paid were by the people of Eastern Ukraine who have suffered immensely due to a pack of drunken thugs trying to take their freedom away.

As for consequences in the future behavior exhibited by the apes in Kiev scream for a slap down. There are certain obligations required of nations in situations such as this. Civility is required and those requirements are not met then war often results.

It would not be hard to solve this problem at all. We shall see about consequences.

Old 02-21-2021, 04:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Your dams on the canal would be the perfect test for some of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCuaCa3EaVU

They could be taken out in minutes from over Russia itself.

The customers whos shoes you shine do not think of consequences. There's many things Russia can do. Closing the sea of Azov is just one.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:14 PM
DKM

Quote:
The only consequences paid were by the people of Eastern Ukraine who have suffered immensely due to a pack of drunken thugs trying to take their freedom away.
I agree, and its time to push them back east over the border to where they belong.

Quote:
They could be taken out in minutes from over Russia itself.

The customers whos shoes you shine do not think of consequences. There's many things Russia can do. Closing the sea of Azov is just one.
They don't have the guts though. Your hypotheticals break themselves against the wall of reality. It's all talk and nobody cares to listen to it.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:32 PM
DKM

In real news today, another successful launch of the Ukrainian jointly made rocket to the space station. The first stage of the Antares rocket is partially subbed out to various Ukrainian rocket related companies in eastern Ukraine.

In other news, a drone made in eastern Ukraine made its debut at IDEX today.

https://defence-blog.com/news/ukrain...idex-2021.html

Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
In real news today, another successful launch of the Ukrainian jointly made rocket to the space station. The first stage of the Antares rocket is partially subbed out to various Ukrainian rocket related companies in eastern Ukraine.

In other news, a drone made in eastern Ukraine made its debut at IDEX today.

https://defence-blog.com/news/ukrain...idex-2021.html
Zelensky gave the Arab Sheikh a faulty an automatic rifle

During a visit to the United Arab Emirates, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky presented the Emir of Dubai with an automatic rifle that turned out to be faulty. Ukrainian journalist Irina Gavrilova reported about this embarrassment on her Facebook page.

According to her, the Ukrainian delegation presented the Vice-President and ruler of the Emirate of Dubai, Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, with a premium, almost exclusive Fort automatic rifle. However, the miracle of the Ukrainian defense industry turned out to be faulty.

"The Sheikh tried for a long time to attach the store to it, but could not. It just wasn't the right size. Not inserted, in short. When comrade al Maktoum tried to twist the bolt, another discovery was waiting for him: the bolt carrier did not work. Generally. It's just jammed. Dead. Disgraced again. I feel uncomfortable in front of al Maktoum, " Gavrilova wrote.
She noted that Zelensky's visit to the UAE was organized by the head of the office of the head of state Andriy Yermak, and Director of Ukroboronprom Yuriy Gusev was responsible for preparing gifts for the high host party. "As it turns out, an idiot. Professional, " Irina Gavrilova concluded.

The official visit of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky to the United Arab Emirates was held in Dubai on February 14-15.
https://www.rubaltic.ru/shproty/ni-z...avnyy-avtomat/

Old 02-21-2021, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Zelensky gave the Arab Sheikh a faulty an automatic rifle

During a visit to the United Arab Emirates, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky presented the Emir of Dubai with an automatic rifle that turned out to be faulty. Ukrainian journalist Irina Gavrilova reported about this embarrassment on her Facebook page.

According to her, the Ukrainian delegation presented the Vice-President and ruler of the Emirate of Dubai, Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, with a premium, almost exclusive Fort automatic rifle. However, the miracle of the Ukrainian defense industry turned out to be faulty.

"The Sheikh tried for a long time to attach the store to it, but could not. It just wasn't the right size. Not inserted, in short. When comrade al Maktoum tried to twist the bolt, another discovery was waiting for him: the bolt carrier did not work. Generally. It's just jammed. Dead. Disgraced again. I feel uncomfortable in front of al Maktoum, " Gavrilova wrote.
She noted that Zelensky's visit to the UAE was organized by the head of the office of the head of state Andriy Yermak, and Director of Ukroboronprom Yuriy Gusev was responsible for preparing gifts for the high host party. "As it turns out, an idiot. Professional, " Irina Gavrilova concluded.

The official visit of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky to the United Arab Emirates was held in Dubai on February 14-15.
https://www.rubaltic.ru/shproty/ni-z...avnyy-avtomat/

Zelensky was trying to be nice.

After all, he went to the Emirates to sell Ukrainian land from what I understand.

Ukraine is broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe