Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 11:06 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is how arms deals are done when you are selling custom equipment, the first step is a memo of intent. That is english-legalese for an "agreement". You have to do this before you hammer out the details, which is the step they are currently at. They have to explore different ideas in detail, which costs money, so the MOI is the step before you go down that path to approval, when an exact deal is contracted. Especially with ship building, you have to do the planning up front. They are a year away from laying down the first ship. The best you have is to attack it for still being in the planning stages.
Yes, but the main thing is to talk about it as a fait accompli, as if the matter has already been decided and here they are, these ships, already 100 km from their new base. In the meantime, you don't have a project,you don't have money,you don't have a contract to make it. There is nothing but the desire to buy something on credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
There are two designs they are working up models with, but they are both similar to the Barzan. It isn't rocket science but it is naval engineering. Brits do this as well as anyone and for longer than anyone.

The "loan" is partially offset over time by UK funds as aid. It works out that the ships made in the UK are subsidized and the ones made in Ukraine are paid for by Ukraine.

I know, it makes the pro Russians spitting mad to see Ukraine arming itself with some modern defenses. Even more so that NATO's top members would be providing Ukraine with arms. This isn't going plan at all... So its their duty to poop post on Ukraine and its partnerships with Europe. Wait till you see our plans for their air force upgrades.
Ah ah )) We're all so furious here that we can't even eat ))))))))))

Old 03-15-2021, 11:22 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yes, but the main thing is to talk about it as a fait accompli, as if the matter has already been decided and here they are, these ships, already 100 km from their new base. In the meantime, you don't have a project,you don't have money,you don't have a contract to make it. There is nothing but the desire to buy something on credit.
At least you discuss the future, I give you credit for this. Its true, these things are only in the planning stages since it was agreed to about 5 months ago. Ukraine has only had a normal president for less than 2 years now, most of which occurred during a glorious pandemic. Despite these challenges things are getting built.

All 3 metro systems are under construction. The stations aren't done yet, but they are getting closer.

The new airport in Dnipro? Not done yet, but it is starting as is the freeway to it. Certainly this is no "fait accompli".

The new freeways and bridges his government has promised? Some are getting worked on (or finished after Yanukovich and friends stole the money). Others still just "planning".

New trains? Mostly just contracted, not a lot there yet either.

So the ships. They take time to plan and build dear Ivan. The Americans are delivering the boats they promised, small as they are, but it takes time and we already know their design. The British? Their Commodore would not be speaking of it in terms that he has if this was just a desire. The plans are being worked out that's all. Why the hurry?

You miss the old days when Ukraine would buy gas from Russia on credit? So the oligarchs could get rich stealing it... That was real freedom eh?

Old 03-15-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
At least you discuss the future, I give you credit for this. Its true, these things are only in the planning stages since it was agreed to about 5 months ago. Ukraine has only had a normal president for less than 2 years now, most of which occurred during a glorious pandemic. Despite these challenges things are getting built.

All 3 metro systems are under construction. The stations aren't done yet, but they are getting closer.

The new airport in Dnipro? Not done yet, but it is starting as is the freeway to it. Certainly this is no "fait accompli".

The new freeways and bridges his government has promised? Some are getting worked on (or finished after Yanukovich and friends stole the money). Others still just "planning".

New trains? Mostly just contracted, not a lot there yet either.

So the ships. They take time to plan and build dear Ivan. The Americans are delivering the boats they promised, small as they are, but it takes time and we already know their design. The British? Their Commodore would not be speaking of it in terms that he has if this was just a desire. The plans are being worked out that's all. Why the hurry?

You miss the old days when Ukraine would buy gas from Russia on credit? So the oligarchs could get rich stealing it... That was real freedom eh?
I don't miss those times, I don't care about the Ukrainian oligarchs. The troubles in the economy (which also cost me personally money), which Ukraine arranged for us with its suicide, are already in the past..

You build the ships,pay for them, and put them into operation first, just like other objects, and then report back and kick yourself in the chest with your heel ))

If I start posting everything that was built in Russia at least for the last year, not planned and already built and put into operation, I will not have enough days just to copy and transfer information. Remember this !

Old 03-16-2021, 01:09 AM
DKM

Quote:
I don't miss those times, I don't care about the Ukrainian oligarchs. The troubles in the economy (which also cost me personally money), which Ukraine arranged for us with its suicide, are already in the past..

You build the ships,pay for them, and put them into operation first, just like other objects, and then report back and kick yourself in the chest with your heel ))

If I start posting everything that was built in Russia at least for the last year, not planned and already built and put into operation, I will not have enough days just to copy and transfer information. Remember this !
You understand why I posted it in the first place, right? It was not to brag about Ukraine's upcoming navy. It was to refute obvious propaganda pretending that American patrol boats on order were all Ukraine's navy is getting in the near future. I didn't bring all this up... but I can respond to any lies I want to on here.

Congrats on Russia's building success. I wish them well with their "national projects"

Old 03-16-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
You understand why I posted it in the first place, right? It was not to brag about Ukraine's upcoming navy. It was to refute obvious propaganda pretending that American patrol boats on order were all Ukraine's navy is getting in the near future. I didn't bring all this up... but I can respond to any lies I want to on here.

Congrats on Russia's building success. I wish them well with their "national projects"

And congratulations to you, with a potentially possible military fleet )))

Old 03-16-2021, 08:04 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right there we are going back to this whole "American exceptionalism" issue, the "moral superiority" that America ( supposedly) has over all other nations.
Not exceptionalism. The Cold War was never going to end, regardless of who had the upper hand when the other superpower's empire collapsed. It would be a long drawn out process of invading other countries to choke off the US or Russia since each still would have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out the other side. It's spelled out in the long presentation in the Pentagon's New Map and the Grand Chessboard. Ukraine isn't critical to defeating Russia unless you plan on a Blitzkrieg concurrent with a first strike.

Here is an example of exceptionalism by a government that's implicated in playing a key role in so much of the chaos worldwide

Last edited by lchoro; 03-16-2021 at 08:58 AM..

Old 03-16-2021, 01:48 PM
DKM

Quote:

And congratulations to you, with a potentially possible military fleet )))
I'm American and I have no qualms about our Navy. 2nd to none.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
I'm American and I have no qualms about our Navy. 2nd to none.
Fast becoming a debatable topic.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
And the interest attached to that credit? Ukraine will pay a premium and for what amounts to toys in a bath tub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe