Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 09:58 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure in a couple years when Ukraine is so broke, that they will try to make a deal with Russia, recognition of Russian authority in Crimea for forgiveness of debt owed to Russia. And when Ukraine recognizes it, the whole world will also. Though I don't know if Russia would agree to such terms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 02:26 PM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Correct. The thief Kchruschev who was an ukrainian stole Crimea from Russia and illegally gave it to Ukraine. He thought he is an owner of Crimea. But the crimeans thought otherwise. They decided to vote on the referendum and said good-bye ukraine. And it was totally legal according to the international laws and absolutely democratic.
Crimea was exchanged by Voroshilov at the Taganrog region of Ukraine. Exchanged! Learn history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Since you keep asking for details and still don't understand what's going on for real, rather you have to ban yourself for a few years.
Because the future will show you all the details.
I am sure you have time to finish school at this time

Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's not that my "interpretation of events" is "schizoid," - it's you understanding of things is sorta limited and primitive somewhat. But since we already knew it, here is one more time for you;
The government might have been legitimate all right, ( i.e. legitimately elected) but there were no institutions set in place to control this government. There was no understanding among the general population of economic implications of the dissolution of the Soviet Union, nor the whole specter of the political ones. That new government was not about to educate the population on these matters either - they just did what they thought was "convenient" for them. For them, and their newly-founded "partners."
The opinion ( and the well-being) of the population of the S.U. was totally disregarded in the process, but the future US interests were quite observed. And that's how the Russian Crimea ended up in Ukraine.

P.S. Interestingly enough, in one and only all-union referendum, the majority of Ukrainians were voting for keeping the USSR by the way ( except for the Western-most provinces of course, that historically didn't belong to Ukraine, and are currently stirring all the sh*t, forcing their foreign identity on the rest of Ukraine.)
Ukrainians changed their mind only after an attempted coup in Kremlin against Gorbachev in 1990 by the hard-liners, who were concerned for country's security in light of Gorbachev's actions. To say that they didn't have any ground for it would be, alas, incorrect.
AND? The lack of education of the population casts doubt on the government's decision?

Old 01-18-2016, 02:49 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Crimea was exchanged by Voroshilov at the Taganrog region of Ukraine. Exchanged! Learn history.

I am sure you have time to finish school at this time
A-ha-ha! It is really funny. I did not finish school, but I know history much better than you.
And this is because you learned history from the ukrainian svidomit historians who claimed that the ancient ukrainians digged out the black sea.
"Бандера наш герой". Only fascist morons can say so.
So, even don't try to troll me. You look ridiculous.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:40 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
I am not understanding Kiev's actions towards Crimea, except it is not rational.

Kiev states that the Crimean vote was rigged, and that the people do not want to be part of Russia but are being occupied against their will. Yet Kiev does all it can to harm the population of Crimea. If Kiev just wants the land and does not care about the people, then this is confirmation that Kiev never intended good will towards the people in Crimea, one of the reasons why they broke away from Ukraine.

If Kiev truly thought the people in Crimea were victims of Russian occupation, they would not be doing things like cutting power and trade off with them, and neither would the rest of the world. The fact that all actions have been aimed at the population shows me that in fact, the people in Crimea do not wish to be part of Kiev and took action, and Kiev and many others in the world do not like this self determination.

Same said for E. Ukraine, where Yanukovich won the majority of votes, the people there do not sit in favor with Kiev, and the people who saw the leader they voted for get ousted without an election, probably rather not be involved with such a government who does not recognize their votes.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:20 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
Yanukovich was a thief who was thrown out power by his OWN cabinet. There is an Interpol red warrant out for his arrest for embezzlement.
The vast majority of the Ukrainian people wanted a leader who would work for them, not a Russian puppet.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:33 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Vadim, you're really scaring me. Taganrog was founded by Peter I after capture of Turkish fortress Azov. In 1920-1924 Taganrog was part of Donetsk province of USSR (Bolsheviks have given a lot of Russian lands in the Ukrainian SSR), but in 1924-1925 Taganrog was included in the RSFSR. What is exchange to Crimea in 1954???

Old 01-19-2016, 03:40 AM

And by the way, Odessa is also Russian city founded by Catherine the Great.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:42 AM

Unfortunately, Lenin gave a lot of land in 1922.

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comme...0-1045566.jpeg

Old 01-19-2016, 06:26 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Yanukovich was a thief who was thrown out power by his OWN cabinet. There is an Interpol red warrant out for his arrest for embezzlement.
The vast majority of the Ukrainian people wanted a leader who would work for them, not a Russian puppet.
As discussed before, the constitution was not followed for removing yanukovich, please show me where and when those steps took place, considering it would take months to do so.

We have no idea if the vast majority wanted yanukovich out, no vote took place. When a vote did take place, he won the election. He won even over the orange revolution folks. And not seeing how he was a puppet, the people of Ukraine voted for him.

An interpol warrant does not mean anything, any country can file for a warrant, which is one of the criticisms if the program, because even those pursuing human rights have warrants for them from the autocratic country regime they oppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe