Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The vast majority of the Ukrainian people wanted a leader who would work for them, not a Russian puppet.
Looks like you have no idea what the Ukrainian people really wanted. You're just repeating the western MSM propaganda cliche.
And what the vast majority you are talking about? Ukrainians as a nation are divided into two parts. But almost all of them do not support their new president who is an american puppet. And guess what? He works for his own profit, not for the ukrainians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 03:14 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
"The member of the legislative assembly in Sevastopol said: “There are people here who are sober about the current Russian political system. This regime in the Kremlin is temporary, but what’s important is that we’re in Russia now, and that is forever.”"
No regrets over Ukraine split, but Crimeans want more love from Russia | World news | The Guardian

Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Whatever the future of Ukraine is (becoming part or not of EU and/or NATO) , one thing is certain : neither Crimea nor the Donbass will get back Under Ukie rule. I hope that is clear to them, hence it will save a lot of Ukie lives.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Are they still fighting? Donetsk and Lushansk are such small areas. If you have not won it by now, it is no longer worth fighting for.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:13 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
This is what he said -

"Costs for Ukraine is primarily humanitarian aid"

You can debate what the Russian government spends on humanitarian aid ( which is definitely there, the settlement of huge influx of refugees including) and what - on the military aid.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-31-2016 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to a deleted post

Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This is what he said -

"Costs for Ukraine is primarily humanitarian aid"

You can debate what the Russian government spends on humanitarian aid ( which is definitely there, the settlement of huge influx of refugees including) and what - on the military aid.
The rest is your craziness as usual.
Dear weasel Erasure, a single missile for Uragan multiple rocket missile launcher costs $40,000+, Grad missile is cheaper and it costs $25,000. Uragan and Grad are two weapon systems widely used by the Russian nazi forces. How does that compare to the cost of 40,000 tons of sugar and salt the evil Empire allegedly trucked in to the region it destroyed? To compare the costs of "aid" with the costs of war is criminally insane. Again comrade Frolov and you are either liars or zombies to claim what you claim.

Ukrainian refugees, even the ones who were more than willing to betray Ukraine, are forced to return to war torn area because Russia provided no accomodations for them. My guess the Fuhrer wants them back in Ukraine, they are just pawns to be used and abused, not to provide for.

Ukrainian refugees in Russia: Did Moscow fumble a valuable resource? - CSMonitor.com

Old 01-23-2016, 10:29 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Dear weasel Erasure, a single missile for Uragan multiple rocket missile launcher costs $40,000+, Grad missile is cheaper and it costs $25,000. Uragan and Grad are two weapon systems widely used by the Russian nazi forces. How does that compare to the cost of 40,000 tons of sugar and salt the evil Empire allegedly trucked in to the region it destroyed? To compare the costs of "aid" with the costs of war is criminally insane. Again comrade Frolov and you are either liars or zombies to claim what you claim.

Ukrainian refugees, even the ones who were more than willing to betray Ukraine, are forced to return to war torn area because Russia provided no accomodations for them. My guess the Fuhrer wants them back in Ukraine, they are just pawns to be used and abused, not to provide for.

Ukrainian refugees in Russia: Did Moscow fumble a valuable resource? - CSMonitor.com
Number one - I sincerely do not know WHAT EXACTLY is the cost of war for Russia in Ukraine, but those who deal with so-called "VOENTORG" ( or rather people close to it) don't sound any alarm, so apparently it's not AS expensive as you make us believe. (I would guess that Syria's endeavor is more expensive, but than again it's only my guess.) And I DO NOT know what the accommodations of over 1 million refugees cost ( PLUS all kind of humanitarian aid that's sent to Donbass/Luhansk costs, since it's not just "sugar and salt," obviously.) So all and all I suspect that war expenses and humanitarian aid expenses are quite comparable in this case.
And number two - regarding the Ukrainian refugees ( or rather all inhabitants of Donbass) being used as "pawns" - but I've said that already long time ago that it was a case and condemned it long time ago.
If you read my older posts, I've already said that Putin should have brought the military and took over Eastern Ukraine long time ago, protecting it from forceful "Ukrainianization."
A lot of people there wouldn't have been dead by now - that's for sure.
I totally understand the population of that area that didn't want to live under American puppet regime; these people didn't "betray" anything as you are trying to imagine here.
The problem is, Putin and Co are a part of the global financial machine; their investments are in the US and they are dependent on the financial system that serves primarily American interests. And that's why Putin couldn't act in true Russian national interests, including protection of the Russian population of Donbass. And that's how they ended up as pawns.
But as I've already said long time ago; it was the whole design of the nineties - to get the new upper strata in Russia ( government including) to work in American interests, not Russian national interests, and that's what basically happened. It's just simply with time, Putin found himself in more and more difficult position of being entangled in the world's financial system ( where all the stings lead to you know where,) and promoting the policies that would benefit his state.
What will come out of it, remains to be seeing.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Paid troll is a distant third possibility so I didnt include it in my reply to you. Comrade Frolov was very clear that Russia provides humanitarian aid only, no tanks, shells, ammo, people, fuel etc., in 2016 you have to be a zombie or a liar to write that. What are you?
I did not say that. You're lying. I said that Russia sends humanitarian aid. It's true.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Donetsk has enough weapons for the resistance. In addition, there are no modern weaponry, there are a lot of old decommissioned weapons. This is not high cost to budget of Russia in my understanding.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Dear weasel Erasure, a single missile for Uragan multiple rocket missile launcher costs $40,000+, Grad missile is cheaper and it costs $25,000.
You forget that part of the weapons from Ukrainian storages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe