Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 02:33 PM

3,462 posts, read 2,789,333 times

Advertisements

Posting news and propaganda clips in Russian and Ukrainian does nothing to inform or educate people who don’t speak those languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 05:15 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,861,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Posting news and propaganda clips in Russian and Ukrainian does nothing to inform or educate people who don’t speak those languages.
That's because the whole point of the propaganda effort is to convince Ukrainians (and Russians) to reject the European choice. The goal and method is clear. Westerners are not their target audience.

The secondary goal of the hybrid war: to convince Americans (or perhaps just Republicans) to reject supporting Ukraine's ambitions. It seems this has failed so badly they have given up for now.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
I don't think there's going to be a flare up of conflict in Ukraine again. There was recently a meeting between the parties of the Minck accords, Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine.

Russia made it clear that nothing other than the Kiev junta adhering to what they promised years ago is acceptable and nothing else will be negotiated. Russia also made it clear that if the Ukronazis feel froggy and leap they will be crushed. Russia has the means to do this easily.

France and Germany made it clear also that Ukraine would not be supported in any way if they were to instigate hostilities again and it was made clear they are expected to return to the table. It was made clear they have no choice.

Here's a rundown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULvp0yC2MY

Old 03-22-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I sure hope that Russia finally formally takes the Donbas. That would hopefully end all this stupidity I've witnessed in the past 7 years. Russia should also get a share of Ukraine's debt taken out to buy Russian gas for Donbas companies 10 years ago and never repaid. And while I would feel bad for those with expropriated land and assets, Russia should be able to compensate them and we can all move on. Please let it happen... davai uzhe!
Sounds good to me. I fail to see why the Donbassians or Russia owe Ukraine chit on a shingle let alone a single kopek considering the lives lost in this unnecessary conflict. Any compensation would not be seen by any Moskal in Ukraines eastern lands would they? You would just be giving money to warlords.

It would be nice also to come to a deal with the Crimeas water issue. Russia simply pays Ukraine a good price per cubic meter that flows down the canal. Ukraine gets revenue from it, Crimea gets all the water they need.

Sadly I doubt either Russia or Donbas will stoop to dealing with the insane goons in power in Kiev and even if Zelensky could get it to the table then we know his head would be next to it on a platter. Kiev needs an enema and nothing is going to change until your friends are down the bowls throat and into the sewer line.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
There's various forms of translation available and the information you can glean from the videos aside from words is very valuable even if you don't understand the language.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:04 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
That's because the whole point of the propaganda effort is to convince Ukrainians (and Russians) to reject the European choice. The goal and method is clear. Westerners are not their target audience.

The secondary goal of the hybrid war: to convince Americans (or perhaps just Republicans) to reject supporting Ukraine's ambitions. It seems this has failed so badly they have given up for now.

We saw that "European choice" DKM, over and over and over again.

https://icdn.lenta.ru/images/2019/09...094f4e4deb.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...8ybhg&usqp=CAU

https://regnum.ru/uploads/pictures/n...826_normal.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

https://cdni.rt.com/russian/images/f...98_article.jpg

https://replyua.net/uploads/posts/20...el-donecka.jpg

https://kor.ill.in.ua/m/610x385/1639619.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/wxNOtd9pklxAR...5m4BU3LSnA.jpg

Of course "Westerners were not the targeted audience" of this all, however Russian speakers saw what was going on, on both sides of the border.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:28 PM

Today is Monday by the way.

So...

Big captioning "Three Thousand Ultra-Nationalists Vandalize the Office of President in Kiev" are sure all over the place?

CNN, CBS, MSNBC, BBC - anyone? Big captioning all over the place ( no, even small captioning will do in this case.) Anyone?

Nope, complete silence.

Question yet again - can you trust such media?

All righty then, let's turn to Putin and HIS *lying media.*

Let's watch it again in a slow mo.

Just because I enjoy the view so much.

( although they are lacking the upbeat music here somewhat..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbfLNWH0hQ

Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think there's going to be a flare up of conflict in Ukraine again. There was recently a meeting between the parties of the Minck accords, Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine.

Russia made it clear that nothing other than the Kiev junta adhering to what they promised years ago is acceptable and nothing else will be negotiated. Russia also made it clear that if the Ukronazis feel froggy and leap they will be crushed. Russia has the means to do this easily.

France and Germany made it clear also that Ukraine would not be supported in any way if they were to instigate hostilities again and it was made clear they are expected to return to the table. It was made clear they have no choice.

Here's a rundown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULvp0yC2MY

Here is the problem I see with everything that Mr. Mercouris is explaining here, so lengthy and eloquently, in his RP English;
While France and Germany do not officially support Ukraine's growing military aggression, they do NOTHING to put a stop to this aggression either.

They don't hold Ukraine responsible/punish it in any way for the constant violation of the cease fire, or the heavy weapons being returned to the front lines.

They simply pretend like they do not notice it ( sorta like this latest pogrom of the presidential office in Kiev,) and THIS puts LDNR ( and Moscow) in a difficult/complicated situation.

On one hand, they suppose to adhere to the Minsk agreement, and to not to be engaged in returning fire.

Because THIS would make them the violators of the international agreement, bring additional sanctions on them, which is very undesirable with the NS 2 being on the ropes as it is.

Ukrainians are well aware of it, and since they know that they don't get a slap on the hand by the West while shelling the LDNR, they proceed with these thuggish tactics, becoming more aggressive every day.
Obviously, LDNR is returning fire at this point, and they basically think that this growing escalation won't stop there.

Furthermore, Zelensky received the order from Washington lately to fight the inconvenient oligarchs ( which he presented to Ukrainians lately as his own, independent decision, which puzzled the public to no end,) so the hopes of Zelensky that Biden will still call him and he will receive the timely support from US ( if not from France and Germany,) for "Donbass solution" are still there.

Both LDNR and Moscow are aware of these developments, and keeping in consideration the growing split between Moscow and Washington, the talks of Donbass being united with Russia are in a full swing.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:43 PM

Russia taking in the DNR/LNR would certainly put a stop to it. I don't think France and Germany have the power to put Kievs junta in its place. They'll just run to America. The only country that can is Russia.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia taking in the DNR/LNR would certainly put a stop to it. I don't think France and Germany have the power to put Kievs junta in its place. They'll just run to America. The only country that can is Russia.

Well Putin officially said "we will not abandon Donbass."
Hopefully this time around it's not going to be like the last time, when he promised to help but betrayed the region and its people.

Of course if Russia will integrate Donbass, it will not come unnoticed for Washington and Brussels ( I think Berlin and Paris already close their collective eyes and plug their collective ears for obvious reasons; damn if you do and damn if you don't.)

And then, there is China.

And THIS in my opinion becomes the ever-growing factor, yet another not so noticeable player so far, in the whole developing situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe