Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 12:38 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I'm from eastern europe, more or less bordering Ukraine (depends...), but I guess you know about the matter so enlighten me? And how is supporting freedom being "Hitler"...either you're drunk or worse. It makes no different for me if it's Tatarstan, Taiwan or Eastern Ukraine - until someone shows me evidence that the referendums are fake I'm not going to support america/russia blindly like people like you.
'Less', as Bulgaria does not share a border with Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 12:39 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
I mean lol, even the United Nations shows that the huge majority of crimea wants to join Russia and leave Ukraine:
And mind you this is Crimea, a more western part of the country, imagine in Donbas/Donetsk it should be 80%+ easy...again according to the UN not according to russian media:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_C...tus_referendum

"
The United Nations Development Programme conducted a series of polls in Crimea between 2009 and 2011 about the question of leaving Ukraine and joining Russia with a sample size of 1,200:
Quarter Yes No Undecided 2009 Q3[31] 70% 14% 16% 2009 Q4[31] 67% 15% 18% 2010 Q1[32] 66% 14% 20% 2010 Q2[32] 65% 12% 23% 2010 Q3[32] 67% 11% 22% 2010 Q4[32] 66% 9% 25% 2011 Q4[33] 65.6%14.2%20.2%"

Old 02-24-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
'Less', as Bulgaria does not share a border with Ukraine.

Which is why I said "depends", a sea can be seen as a border not a land one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_boundary, and let's not forget that all eastern europe is the same in western eyes so why does it matter anyway...

Old 02-24-2022, 12:56 PM

And btw may also drop this one too as it got me curious about 'sea boundaries':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ritime_borders

Old 02-24-2022, 02:11 PM

1,007 posts, read 415,407 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-D7...channel=Q7IIII

Lyapis Trubetskoy - Shut (Jester)

Jester-clown hung old hat
Bald head bursting from silly songs
Serious vocation "fool"is so heavy to bear
Lear is the one, who says that laughter is useful

Makeup conceals thousands of wrinkles
Bluish swollen nose of tobacco and alcohol abuse
Toothless little harlequin
Foolish, tired from bullying

Laughter rang like royal coin
Little Jester in a gilded cage
Drunken dreams, roundabouts and devils
Little Fool, the saddest one in the world

Tomorrow will be a new masquerade
Knights, tournaments, fireworks and dancing
Wear colorful clown outfit
Will run, jump and laugh

Will be tickled the foot of the king
Shall Laugh by ugly dancing the princess
Gaer will imitate the nightingale
But hides the guise under a crow

Little Fool, the saddest, saddest in the world

Old 02-25-2022, 04:39 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I'm from eastern europe, more or less bordering Ukraine (depends...), but I guess you know about the matter so enlighten me? And how is supporting freedom being "Hitler"...either you're drunk or worse. It makes no different for me if it's Tatarstan, Taiwan or Eastern Ukraine - until someone shows me evidence that the referendums are fake I'm not going to support america/russia blindly like people like you.
It’s my belief those who spout such talk about Ukraine Nazis, revisionist history, and trying to make comparisons to the west to justify the invasion are Russian agents parroting the party lines.

Old 02-25-2022, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It’s my belief those who spout such talk about Ukraine Nazis, revisionist history, and trying to make comparisons to the west to justify the invasion are Russian agents parroting the party lines.

Tbh I find it hilarious how both parties accuse each other in Nazism. Putin said Ukraine are Nazis and of course I just watched CNN for 5 minutes and someone mentioned that Zelenski is "jewish"...good for him, who knew? I mean Israel is over 15% russian speaking so what...

Old 02-25-2022, 04:55 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It's part of the Russian false flag narrative. Only Khuylo supporters and fools will fall for that rhetoric.

Putin using false 'Nazi' narrative to justify Russia's attack on Ukraine, experts say

Old 02-25-2022, 05:10 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Good morning from USA. I have been reading this thread in the hopes of gaining a better understanding of others' perspectives as to what is going on in Russia & Ukraine. I am not too far in this thread yet - maybe a quarter thru, & hope that I will see answers to why it's happening; if the burden of blame is shared by both countries; and why or why not the USA should be involved.

I am not ashamed to admit that I really don't get any of it. Does it really come down to Russia amassing a wealth of land at any cost? If the USA was more dependent on itself for oil & gas, would the sanctions even be in place? I read often & hear on various programs that USA should stay out of it and let Ukraine defend itself. Which means I need to read up on NATO, because I thought we were part of an allied understanding and have a global obligation to help if we can.

I see the images on the news of bloodied children and destroyed buildings - whatever the future of Ukraine may be, it is heartwarming to see countrymen stepping up to volunteer to save it. But will it be enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe