Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Interesting history behind that word Surzhyk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 10:42 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Ukraine as usual is something else, even with the whole situation in Afghanistan.

Two scandals, one after another.

They sent in total three flights "to pick up Ukrainian citizens and to return them safely to Ukraine."

At that, one of their flights miraculously disappeared from Kabul, and was initially claimed as hijacked to Tehran by "unknown people."

Then it turned out that the flight was simply purchased on a spot by the wealthy Khazars, who paid the pilots with gold and precious stones to take them with their families to Iran.

( In total, all three Ukrainian flights "safely brought home";
On 23rd of August - 98 passengers, among them - 41 Ukrainians.

22 of August - 83 passengers, among them - 31 Ukrainians.

And on the 15th of August - 8 Ukrainians, along with "70 passengers from other countries." )

There are still 90 Ukrainians left behind in Afghanistan, that would like to go home.

When Russians were organizing their flight, they said that they'll take all people from the former Soviet Union, just come to the Russian embassy.

Ukrainians registered for the flight, but the angry note from Ukrainian Ministry of International Affairs immediately followed, stating that Ukraine never asked Russia to pick up Ukrainian citizens.

Which sent a signal that any Ukrainian that dared to step on the Russian board, will have to deal with Ukrainian nationalists, in the same manner as their Olympian athletes were treated, when they dared to fraternize with the Russians ( or even to speak publicly Russian language.)

So the hapless Ukrainians didn't show up for the Russian charter and were left behind in Afghanistan, amidst everything that's unfolding there.

Apparently, they are afraid of Ukrainian Taliban even more than the perspective to be stuck with the Afghan Taliban, with no way out of the country.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:20 AM

827 posts, read 631,156 times
I don't read all the thread, so sorry if my question is stupid.

Are we close to see a peacefull solution in Ukraine in a way or another?

Old 08-27-2021, 07:40 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
As of this moment, no. There are huge changes on the horizon though. I don't see much happening with the current pack of troglodytes in the Ukr Rada.

10 years? Who knows.

Old 08-28-2021, 04:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
A very interesting video on the Ukraine and Merkel...

https://youtu.be/1yhN_gDQR90

Old 08-29-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
A very interesting video on the Ukraine and Merkel...

https://youtu.be/1yhN_gDQR90

With all my appreciation of Mr. Mercouris, I completely disagree with this particular analysis.

To make the long story short -

1.I believe they don't understand the nature of relations between Merkel and Putin.

I was observing these two for quite some time, and they definitely have a good rapport, in spite of all their differences in politics.

So it's not just a game, a "pretense" for public, while in private they ( supposedly) "can't stand each other."

It's enough to watch this footage ( from 7:50) - from their first meeting to all the time they spent together further on during their multiple visits. They definitely have a good rapport; when Putin DOES NOT like someone/doesn't care for someone, it shows. ( Like in case with Biden for example.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbkul5CAKmo

Overall I watched couple of years ago how the "Russian team" ( i.e. all those top Russian officials) were expecting her visit ( with the rest of German delegation) to... I believe it was Sochi, and I'm telling you - the atmosphere there was reminiscent of the freshmen expecting the after school party. I.e. when the *official boring part* is over, that's when the fun begins. That's what it felt like. And Putin was literally beaming when he came to greet her with his usual bouquet of flowers.

That Russians get what they want lately - that's not "Merkel," or her "inability."

It's just that economy wise the cards are stacked in their favor and they know it ( as long as they push all the right buttons, and they do.)

And 2.

When it comes to Ukraine, Merkel didn't "play" or "use" anyone.

It's just being your normal "Northern European Liberal," she perceived Ukraine ( or their initial "drive for democracy la-la," back in 2014,) as a genuine attempt of the "Russian part of the world" to go in the "right direction," and she was genuinely all for it.

But with time, she realized the essence of the bleating idiots behind all these "progressive changes," and that they were no better alternative to Putin.

But by then, it was already a runaway train, and there was nothing she could do to change this situation, so she quietly chose the "lesser of two evils," and proceeded with that Nord Stream 2.

Overall, in case with Ukraine, the cards ( yet again) were simply stacked in Russia's favor for a number of reasons from the get go, and economy was one of them.

Merkel realized it all with time, ( being reasonable and intelligent enough,) so she simply quietly accepted the inevitable, and as diplomatic as she is, she never said to Zelensky "what a moron you are" in his face.

Although she really should have.

Last edited by erasure; 08-29-2021 at 01:12 AM..

Old 08-29-2021, 01:10 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
The film "Solntsepek" . About the events in the Donbass 2014. 18+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogmM...FragmentsMovie

Old 08-30-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
The film "Solntsepek" . About the events in the Donbass 2014. 18+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogmM...FragmentsMovie

I've heard the synopsis of this movie made by O. Medvedeva, ( from "Strana UA") and I am not planning to watch it to be honest.
BTW Zelensky shut down their site ( he shut down Sharij's site too, but with Sharij things are getting even worse; there are rumors that Z. will try to shut down his Youtube channel as well; he is planning to talk to Google executives about it, while on his visit to US.)

Speaking of which...

Old 08-30-2021, 10:23 PM

...unlike Merkel and Putin, who, in spite of all their differences, parted on friendly terms (they always talked without interpreters, since both are fluent in their respective native languages, and Putin basically said that Frau Kanzlerin will be always welcome in Russia, even after she is done with her career in politics ( so much for them * hating each other,*)

so unlike these two, Zelensky's visit to Biden has been postponed already three times.

Amazingly enough, "the most important ally of the US in Europe, protecting Democratic values on the front lines from mean and aggressive Russia," took back seat to Afghanistan, then - to the hurricane Ida, and , even if Biden will finally meet with Zelensky on the 1st of September, it's not a fact that Zelensky will be able to talk to him.

Because as practice shows, meeting with Biden doesn't automatically mean talking to Biden.

So if Biden will fall asleep during the meeting with Zelensky as he did during the meeting with Israel's prime minister, Zelensky still has an ample opportunity to use all the expletives he was harboring for some time already.

As long as he will be whispering them, in order to not to wake Biden up.

"Zelensky and the hurricane Ida. Who/what will Biden prefer?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4YUxhsS3A

Old 08-31-2021, 12:21 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
With all my appreciation of Mr. Mercouris, I completely disagree with this particular analysis.

To make the long story short -

1.I believe they don't understand the nature of relations between Merkel and Putin.

I was observing these two for quite some time, and they definitely have a good rapport, in spite of all their differences in politics.

So it's not just a game, a "pretense" for public, while in private they ( supposedly) "can't stand each other."

It's enough to watch this footage ( from 7:50) - from their first meeting to all the time they spent together further on during their multiple visits. They definitely have a good rapport; when Putin DOES NOT like someone/doesn't care for someone, it shows. ( Like in case with Biden for example.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbkul5CAKmo

Overall I watched couple of years ago how the "Russian team" ( i.e. all those top Russian officials) were expecting her visit ( with the rest of German delegation) to... I believe it was Sochi, and I'm telling you - the atmosphere there was reminiscent of the freshmen expecting the after school party. I.e. when the *official boring part* is over, that's when the fun begins. That's what it felt like. And Putin was literally beaming when he came to greet her with his usual bouquet of flowers.

That Russians get what they want lately - that's not "Merkel," or her "inability."

It's just that economy wise the cards are stacked in their favor and they know it ( as long as they push all the right buttons, and they do.)

And 2.

When it comes to Ukraine, Merkel didn't "play" or "use" anyone.

It's just being your normal "Northern European Liberal," she perceived Ukraine ( or their initial "drive for democracy la-la," back in 2014,) as a genuine attempt of the "Russian part of the world" to go in the "right direction," and she was genuinely all for it.

But with time, she realized the essence of the bleating idiots behind all these "progressive changes," and that they were no better alternative to Putin.

But by then, it was already a runaway train, and there was nothing she could do to change this situation, so she quietly chose the "lesser of two evils," and proceeded with that Nord Stream 2.

Overall, in case with Ukraine, the cards ( yet again) were simply stacked in Russia's favor for a number of reasons from the get go, and economy was one of them.

Merkel realized it all with time, ( being reasonable and intelligent enough,) so she simply quietly accepted the inevitable, and as diplomatic as she is, she never said to Zelensky "what a moron you are" in his face.

Although she really should have.

Either way, it is alarming when a supposedly intelligent person like Merkel makes such gross mistakes when evaluating situations and people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe