Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 11:48 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Religious procession in Kiev yesterday, marking 1,033 years of Christianization of Russia.

Yet another blow in Poroshenko's face and his American curators. ( Former US ambassador Marie Jovanovich comes to mind. Yes, that one.)

In spite of all the attempts to break Ukrainian Orthodox Church away from Moscow's Patriarchate, in spite of all the raided and forcibly transferred churches and monasteries to the "newly created and independent Ukrainian Church," its houses of prayer are standing empty.
The 350, 000 strong procession of Ukrainian Orthodox Church still recognizing Moscow's Patriarchate showed up in Kiev, with the parishes from all over the country.

Hello DKM, wherever you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38ZjIGtALc&t=160s

The similar event in Moscow has been cancelled because of Covid.

Last edited by erasure; 07-29-2021 at 12:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 08:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Very interesting. How crazy some people are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/R...=hashtag_click

Old 07-29-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Very interesting. How crazy some people are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/R...=hashtag_click

"This mass violation of Ukraine’s public health protocols was organized by the Moscow Patriarchate – the KGB-created “church” that runs an influence campaign for the aggressor state, Russia, inside Ukraine. #RussiaInvadedUkraine"

https://mobile.twitter.com/mhmck/sta...35319068508160

Oh yeah.

A lot of Ukrainians and Russians were reaching out to each other on line yesterday, wishing love and peace ( with Belorussians chiming in here and there.)
"Ukrainian patriots" can't live with it, they are outraged that the traditional church with Moscow Patriarchate at the helm ( where it moved back in history from Kiev,) is still going strong in Ukraine, in spite of all their attempts ( and of their curators) to destroy these historic ties.

I am personally not a big fan of the Russian Orthodox Church ( today's Church including.)
But in this case it's not about Church's hierarchy and those on top, but what your average believer feels.

And they are saying that this event stirred a lot of emotions in people, it was all positive and powerful force.

And apparently that's why the police had to guard this crowded procession, so that the nazi dogs wouldn't attack them.

P.S. And as far as the "Russian attacks on Ukraine" that the idiot writes about - the DNR is actually shooting at the Ukrs army at this point, it's true.

At this point they are responding, and every time they do, they make it official ( be that Basurin or Pushilin himself.)

First they show all the damages the idiots are causing them by their incessant shelling, they report the injured ( among the civilian population,) and then they are saying "we will not leave it unanswered any longer, as you'd hope, since our hands are tied by the Minsk agreements."

So yes, they respond now from time to time - I keep an eye on their news and latest developments.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:12 PM

This is what caught my attention. HUH???

Quote:
Michael MacKay
@mhmck
·
Jul 27
The Russian Federation has been banned from the Olympics. By referring to Russian athletes collectively as a “team” the New York Times directly serves the Putin regime. #RussiaInvadedUkraine
It's bat**** nuts.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
This is what caught my attention. HUH???

It's bat**** nuts.

Ah yes, the amount of crazy stuff coming from there is over the roof.

This is the 9 year old on Ukrainian TV; (from 1:22)

"Why Russia doesn't want to let it go? It doesn't let it go already for long time you know...in the same manner as Crimea. Although there is already nothing left in Crimea; they have heat, they have floods, or they have stones falling from the sky. The problem is - when we'll take back Crimea and Donbass, there will be already people there who are already brainwashed that Ukraine and Russia are one and the same people, so we'll have to give those places back to Russia.

When we are coming to visit someone, and if one of my friends sings some songs in Russian, it makes me mad; I am telling him "Why are you singing this sh*t*, and start running around in anger... I am ready to blow up."
Happy ( and approving) smile of the TV program host follows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4_D8C_Ug0

And lately they discuss what was the biggest problem of Ukraine to begin with, after both US and Germany snubbed Ukraine.
Oh yes, the biggest mistake of Ukraine as it turns out, was that they gave up the nuclear weapon back in the 90ies.

"If not for that," says the speaker of Zelensky's "Servant of the people" party, now everyone would be talking to us and paying us money."

Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 PM

Whenever a government cracks down it's because they are afraid.

https://tass.com/world/1322305

Old 08-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 5 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,916,376 times
Trust me, outside of 2014, 2015 still quite stable enough and very highly redeemable. Please avoid condescending opinions of Ukraine. Kiev, Lviv, Odessa are quite rewarding to visit. Outlook actually isn't too overly dreary or bleak. Tons of beautiful scenery. Only real issue is economic prospects and low wages. Even with very low cost of living. Not really the occurrence with Russia. That was just two years. And much further East.

I want to visit. And I even have some family (One of my Mom's Parents or Grandparents is from Odessa). Immigrating to Constanta Romania. Although, still a very Romania family. Even when some family members can look a bit Ukrainian. Especially when younger.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Trust me, outside of 2014, 2015 still quite stable enough and very highly redeemable. Please avoid condescending opinions of Ukraine. Kiev, Lviv, Odessa are quite rewarding to visit. Outlook actually isn't too overly dreary or bleak. Tons of beautiful scenery. Only real issue is economic prospects and low wages. Even with very low cost of living. Not really the occurrence with Russia. That was just two years. And much further East.

I want to visit. And I even have some family (One of my Mom's Parents or Grandparents is from Odessa). Immigrating to Constanta Romania. Although, still a very Romania family. Even when some family members can look a bit Ukrainian. Especially when younger.

What are you talking about - "stable enough," "redeemable" ( whatever it means.)

Things are going nuts there.

Some Belorussian national is found hanged in the park in the center of Kiev, yet another bozo is entering with a hand grenade into their government building. ( Anything and everything is connected to the ATO "veterans" I am sure ( read the nationalist battalions and Avakov's resignation.)

Judging by the escalating rhetorics, Ukraine is at the brink of war with Russia. ( May be that's why Biden wants to "check out" from there now speedy quick, before anything else happens.)

Zelensky can't shut up about how much he loves Crimea with all his "memories from the younger years" ( Russians can't possibly love it as much as he does - yeah..
And if that's not enough, he ( Zelensky that is) made a statement on Ukrainian TV that all those people that live in Donbass and consider it historically part of Russia and Russians culture, should pack their things and leave for Russia.
And this is on a program specifically created ( and targeting) the "reconciliation with Donbass."
And if this is not enough, the Ukrainian forces shelled the DNR today yet again, from the weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreement.

So tell me again how "stable" and "redeemable" Ukraine is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izaIYWuES4Q&t=19s

Old 08-06-2021, 07:54 PM

It seems to me Ukrainians are surviving. Emphasis on surviving. The common people are not prospering. I've watch some videos recently and the people you see in them are managing to feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads but literally little else. Most common people wear shabby clothes, not even small luxuries are in evidence.

Kiev of course is portrayed differently. Lots of wealth there but not in the smaller cites.

It's a stark contrast to what I see in Russia where even second tier cities are a lot brighter and wealthier that just 10 years ago.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
It seems to me Ukrainians are surviving. Emphasis on surviving. The common people are not prospering. I've watch some videos recently and the people you see in them are managing to feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads but literally little else. Most common people wear shabby clothes, not even small luxuries are in evidence.

Kiev of course is portrayed differently. Lots of wealth there but not in the smaller cites.

It's a stark contrast to what I see in Russia where even second tier cities are a lot brighter and wealthier that just 10 years ago.

And in LDNR, they keep on getting hit over and over again, while this American puppet (Zelensky that is,) keeps on threatening their population, demanding that all those that "Love Russia" should leave, "for the sake of their future children and grand-children."
"Donbass will never be Russian" according to Zelensky, and he is already getting hysterical, when he claims that neither will be Crimea.

And of course ( according to him,) all these stories about "Ukrainians going to Donbass to kill civilians are lies," all Russian propaganda.
So here I am listening to this young guy, 23 years old, how he has been hit by Ukrainian sniper, in his village, when he was coming back home from his girl-friend.

How he didn't realize first that it was sniper, how he was hit from the second shot, how he saw his fingers that were torn off, how he saw his guts falling out from his stomach.

He is showing his winter jacket pierced with explosive bullet, (you can see the ugly scar across his stomach at 2:46,) what was left of his bag that he carried that day.

Then he talks calmly about eight hours operation, endless hospitals, about everyday pain he has to live now with, the job that he lost because of his severed fingers ( he is a car mechanic by trade,) how bleak the future looks to him.
"I have nothing to do with military, they could see that, that I was going about my business that day, not bothering anyone. Normally, I am a very quiet person."

Yet his whole life is destroyed now because of this disability.

"And what drives me mad" says Sharij, is "that vermin, that sniper that did that, will have "vet" status in no time, and he will be entitled to all kind of perks from Ukrainian government."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxo4V17eKLE

And that's just one example of a civilian, the life story of the one who was not killed - just wounded.
One of many thousands, whose lives were destroyed in the name of "peace and democracy."

But that's not the kind of people that "Human Rights" court in EU is interested to hear out.

As Sharij himself mentions, - "they are quick to react over there only when they hear from someone like Navalny. But when I filed my case, I had to wait for long-long time, before I heard back from them."

And someone like this young guy?

His "human rights" simply don't count.

Last edited by erasure; 08-06-2021 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe