Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 04:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Scrat, in their initial reporting on the explosion they didn't even mention the possibility of the terrorist act; after all, it's the outskirts of Donetsk, so not the best area for good maintenance.
But literally in a matter of two or three hours Pushilin came up with this official announcement.
I just got this.

https://tass.com/world/1315047

I thought it was a gas plant, not a pipeline. It probably was sabotage. I don't have any info on where the act was carried out on the line but if it was a remote or isolated spot then it was an easy target. If memory serves me correctly the soviets just laid pipe right across the landscape, unburied at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 04:50 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I just got this.

https://tass.com/world/1315047

I thought it was a gas plant, not a pipeline. It probably was sabotage. I don't have any info on where the act was carried out on the line but if it was a remote or isolated spot then it was an easy target. If memory serves me correctly the soviets just laid pipe right across the landscape, unburied at times.

No-no, it was the pipeline.

You can see the exact spot at 2:51.

From what they are saying, the *hope* was that the escaped gas would descend to the "lower grounds," ( where the houses are, and where yet another gas explosion has been planned." This would cause a lot of damages and brought victims among the population.

But since they caught it all early, it only cut off gas supply for thousand of people. ( This took place in Budeynovsky district of Donetsk.)

No victims this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhqce3WwJkk

I see so many videos, one after another with damaged infrastructure that Ukrainian Taliban is targeting, and the DNR guys putting out fires, rebuilding and fixing the damages over and over again, often risking their lives under the flying bullets.

I have no idea how they can have so much patience.

So Russia of course by now is entangled to deal with Ukrainian Taliban, instead of concentrating its effort on Afghan Taliban.

It's like more and more fires are popping up in different places.

Last edited by erasure; 07-17-2021 at 06:20 PM..

Old 07-17-2021, 06:18 PM

That's in a heavily populated area, risky for a saboteur. Let's see what develops.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
That's in a heavily populated area, risky for a saboteur. Let's see what develops.

From the look of it - there are desolated areas mixed with spots where there is dense population.
( Sorry I go back and forth, fixing my posts as I learn more details.)
There was a grenade explosion in the same district yesterday as well, in one of those densely-populated raions.
DNR authorities are investigating whether it was a coincidence ( some idiot/drunkard?) or there is more to the story.

The women living there are saying that there are at least fifty children in that particular yard ( in-between multi-story buildings) that are constantly running around ( playing,) and nothing of this kind ( bullets, grenades) ever happened in this particular place.

Last edited by erasure; 07-17-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 07-18-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
From the look of it - there are desolated areas mixed with spots where there is dense population.
( Sorry I go back and forth, fixing my posts as I learn more details.)
There was a grenade explosion in the same district yesterday as well, in one of those densely-populated raions.
DNR authorities are investigating whether it was a coincidence ( some idiot/drunkard?) or there is more to the story.

The women living there are saying that there are at least fifty children in that particular yard ( in-between multi-story buildings) that are constantly running around ( playing,) and nothing of this kind ( bullets, grenades) ever happened in this particular place.
Considering the people we're dealing with you don't write off sabotage and even infiltration from the Ukrainian lines. If you know what you're doing it's possible to sneak for miles and not be spotted. On the other hand it's just as possible some kids playing around or some idiot trying to tap an exposed gas line to get something for free. Or just normal wear and tear.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Considering the people we're dealing with you don't write off sabotage and even infiltration from the Ukrainian lines. If you know what you're doing it's possible to sneak for miles and not be spotted. On the other hand it's just as possible some kids playing around or some idiot trying to tap an exposed gas line to get something for free. Or just normal wear and tear.

Impossible.

That particular location where the explosion took place is desolate.

No "children playing around," and no "tapping gas for free" ( how would you even "tap" the major gas pipe line artery, trying to "hook" it to where? how?)
Children are allowed to run free only in what's called "dvor," ( i.e. the space between the multi-story buildings, that outline and restrict that space by design, where parents can see them from the windows, and where the ever watchful babushkas are sitting outside on the benches, keeping their eye on everyone.

But they did find the explosive device under the pipe.
It was in desolate area, as I've mentioned.
So as for the "infiltration" - of course it's possible.
After all Motorola was killed in his own building, on his way home, and we know how Zakhar was killed.

Old 07-18-2021, 05:09 PM

Tapping a gas line is not hard to do but you had better know what you are doing. I saw a tap in a line back in the 1990s somewhere north of Chita. It was a small 1/4 in pipe with one end into the gas line and the other end had a ball valve to switch the flow on and off and a pneumatic attachment to hook a hose to. Whoever had done it drilled a 3/8 hole in the gas line and tapped (threaded the hole) it in order to get the 1/4 in pipe securely into it. On such a small scale it can be done.

I asked Yuri what was the point and he pointed out the old road we had used. They had a truck with tanks in it and from what I understood they used the power takeoff of the truck to run a compressor to fill the tanks to a high pressure (and a large volume of gas) which they used for whatever. This time we saw no tracks but ours and Yuri just left the tap in the line. It all seemed pointless to me but them the villages in that area mostly had propane for cooking or wood.

I kid you not. I have heard this can be done with liquid gasoline lines too but I will not be trying my hand at either. All you need to do is keep the fire triangle separated. Just keep the oxygen and heat from the fuel.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:37 PM

So I am watching this interview of George Kent in his broken Russian ( mixed with Ukrainian,) that he gave during his visit to Eastern Ukraine ( Donbass out of all places,) and the song he is singing "Ukrainians and Russians are two different people," and "it's Russia that started the aggression."
On the question about the latest Putin's article, where P. explains the historic background why in fact Russians and Ukrainians ARE indeed one and the same people, Kent is responding basically that "it's not Putin who wrote that article."
Besides, ( according to Kent) there are two paintings of I.Repin; one - his famous "Volga boatman"

and the second one - "Cossaks of Zaporozhie drafting a letter to Turkish Sultan

that serve as the ultimate proof that these are two different people. ( Mr. Kent apparently is totally clueless to what I. Repin himself said on a subject.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyyqY2KkIgo

The heck with Putin and whoever wrote that article.
The problem is - no one so far can refute it, and definitely NOT Mr. Kent.

And if this is not enough, the circus in Ukraine seems to be a never ending process.

Now we are into the new phase - the BAGPIPE playing, and Fiji dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-pyhdrkgaU&t=81s

What these "joint drills" with British army look like, is preparation to attack Donbass.

So...

Bagpipes, really?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
So I am watching this interview of George Kent in his broken Russian ( mixed with Ukrainian,) that he gave during his visit to Eastern Ukraine ( Donbass out of all places,) and the song he is singing "Ukrainians and Russians are two different people," and "it's Russia that started the aggression."
Divide and conquer. Sow dissent against your "enemies" by any means. The only result that matters is the government you put in power and or support. The will of the people is of no consequence. This whole thing is sick on a whole new level.

Last edited by Scrat335; 07-20-2021 at 06:34 PM..

Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 PM

Zelensky signed the law on indigenous people of Ukraine.

https://tass.com/world/1316451
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe