Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 07:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Very, very troubling news are coming from Donbass.

Ukraine is escalating the war there; they already brought tanks to the "grey zone," took over one of the villages there that was in DNR jurisdiction ( energy/water supply) with 180 people, 37 of which have Russian passports.

Searches, arrests of the local population already followed, the local houses were taken for the lodging of Ukrainian army, other buildings are used for the dugouts.

Now the outskirts of Donetsk are constantly shelled with 120-150 mm weapons - everything is in violation of the Minsk agreement.

More than that; for the first time the Ukrs used Turkish Bayraktars (same type of drones that were operated by Azeris during recent conflict with Armenia,) striking DNR positions.

This escalation of the military actions is going second day in a row.
OSCE is silent.

Ukrs are getting more and more brazen after the recent arrival of Lloyd Austin to Kiev, and the third batch of American military supplies.
The way Moscow perceives it, America is pushing Ukraine into war with Russia at this point, which will bring the delay of the opening of the NS 2.

(Some Ukrainian clowns from the gov. were staging the protest in front of the White house couple of days ago, demanding the closure of NS 2, and using Ukrainian pipe for the transit of "aggressive Russian gas" to Europe instead.)

The news keep on coming, stay tuned.

( Western media is silent of course on all this, and then as usual, if Russia will finally respond to these provocations, it will be accused of "unpredictability, aggression" and what not.

You know the drill by now.)
Saw an article about the drones this morning. I am just pissed off. Russia just needs to plow them under in the worst way. Frustrating to say the least.

I think the Russians understand the dynamic here. Sadly they're placing something before the necessary actions to solve the problem. I believe that something is individual self interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 06:28 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Saw an article about the drones this morning. I am just pissed off. Russia just needs to plow them under in the worst way. Frustrating to say the least.

I think the Russians understand the dynamic here. Sadly they're placing something before the necessary actions to solve the problem. I believe that something is individual self interests.

As I've said long time ago, when Givi and Zakhar were still alive, the betrayal of the East Ukraine is a costly mistake of Putin.

Instead of sending the troops right after Americans landed in Kiev ( Nuland and McCain,) he decided to bargain Donbass (Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and other South-Eastern regions) away, in exchange ( as he hoped) for recognition of Crimea as legitimate Russian land.

BIG, BIG MISTAKE.

For which he has now to pay. ( And Oleg Tzarev and Strelkov were warning Russian gov, that Americans won't leave after they spent $ 5 billion for the change of government in Ukraine.)

So the events lately develop like this; Zelensky kept on demanding the meeting with Putin regarding Donbass, to which Putin basically said "why should I meet with you, you are no one, all decisions are made in Washington. So it makes more sense to negotiate with Washington. Other than that - go and talk to LDNR, since they are the signee to Minsk protocol."

But Zelesnky's game is to make Russia official party to the conflict, so in the same manner he refuses to acknowledge the LDNR governments and to negotiate with them.

Both Berlin and Paris are caught in this squabble, ( since they are the signee to the Minsk protocol as well.)
So when Macron and Merkel were trying to convince Putin (behind the scene ) to meet with Zelensky, Lavrov made it clear recently "why should we, when none of the previous agreements were fulfilled by Kiev. So it's not us but Ukraine that's sabotaging the Minsk process."
Which is true, but no one wants to acknowledge it, since the fulfillment of Minsk agreement ( that was signed originally by Poroshenko,) puts Ukraine in a very weak position.

And so Zelensky, finding himself at the dead end and still hoping for American/NATO support, unleashed the new round of violence in Donbass. ( The strike of the Bayraktar was his personal order btw.)

So as Sharij has put it - "Thanks lord we ( the Ukrainians) don't have the nuclear weapons."

Meanwhile America is getting ready to fight Russia till the last Ukrainian, while moving weaponry to the Black Sea and supplying Ukrainians.

Here is yet another blood-thirsty woman in Biden's administration, some Laura Cooper that demanded to remove the restriction on the sales of the lethal weapons to Ukraine.

( Oh woopty-doo look what I found;

"Cooper testified to the United States Congress's House Intelligence Committee during a closed-door hearing on October 23, 2019; this committee gathered information relevant to impeachment proceedings involving U.S. President Donald Trump."

What a happy coincidence.

This swarm of snakes keeps on operating, bringing us all closer and closer to war with Russia.

I think that's their whole idea.

(Oh wait, here is more;

"A prior assignment in the DOD had been as Afghanistan Team Chief, Stability Operations Office, responsible for stability and security. In 2004 she presciently noted that to achieve these objectives, the efforts had to be enduring, with no end in sight. She identified the major needs to reach these goals: the Ministry of Defense and the Afghan National Army needed to be reformed and rebuilt to counter the resurgent Taliban and the powerful warlords; a police force was needed to combat crime; the justice system had to be assisted to ensure the rule of law; prisons had to be built.[4]
Cooper has been cognizant of women's issues. She has noted that "[f]or much of [her] career, it's absolutely true that [she has] been the only woman in the room quite frequently".[5] She identifies security as a women's issue, needing their brain power to develop the best path forward. While working on Afghanistan policy, she was involved in the recruitment of the first female recruits for the National Police."

I'll leave it at that, with her "brain power."

( As Russians say - "The motherland needs to know its heroes.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-565B7anr7Q

Last edited by erasure; 10-29-2021 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 08:42 AM

From what I hear the situation in Donetsk suburbs have been stabilized and the village occupied by the Ukrainian apes has been taken back. The western suburbs of Donetsk are however without electricity or running water as pumping and power stations were all shot up by artillery or drones.

Putin and company are trying to protect their assets. Germany is a huge influence on this. Business interests and business between the 2 countries are huge.

I think the liberals Green party is going to come to power in Germany this year. The relations between the countries are going to be rough at best. I expect it to get far worse.

Maybe Russia will wake up to the fact that confrontation is all but inevitable in this matter. They can hope Ukraine will fall apart or the people will revolt but it's not going to happen any time soon. The US and EU will simply keep propping the structure they put in place up with money injections.

I don't know if the situation this winter with energy is doable at all in Ukraine. They have no reserves of gas or coal. We'll see.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:49 AM

On Ukraines energy situation. Kind of funny actually. Not enough coal or gas reserves and they want to export firewood to the EU.

https://www.rt.com/business/538916-u...s-firewood-eu/

Quote:
According to Mikhail Volynets, the head of the country’s miners’ union, there are 565,000 tons of coal in the warehouses of thermal power plants, which is 88,000 less than the country needs. Natural gas reserves in Ukraine’s storage facilities stand at 18.8 billion cubic meters, 9.4 billion cubic meters less than last year. And with Russia’s decision to stop deliveries of thermal coal to Ukraine from November 1, Volynets says the prospect is far from optimistic.

Old 10-31-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
From what I hear the situation in Donetsk suburbs have been stabilized and the village occupied by the Ukrainian apes has been taken back.

By the sound of it ) not exactly.
It looks like they dug in right behind the village, which give them the opportunity to shoot at Donetsk suburbs right from the grey zone, since LDNR can't respond now, because this would jeopardize the civilians living there.
So the Ukrs are using them as the hostages/live shield - that's what it looks like.

Ukrs detained three people ( some are saying up to 20 people, and some are saying all 37 people that have Russian passports have been detained.)
It's hard to tell, since the Ukrs are jamming the communications.

The Red Cross is already there and some other "peace mission."

In other news - the apes keep on pounding Donetsk suburbs; three more civilians received the serious wounds, ( one of them is in ICU with wound to his head.)
That's because yet another drone dropped an explosive on them ( as in the case with that now dead five year old, which the Ukrs keep on denying that they do such things.)

But that's the Nationalist battalions in the area for you.

Now when Berlin expressed the concern regarding the usage of Bayraktar by Ukrainian Armed forces, Ukrainian ambassador in Germany A. Melnik rejected this concern indignantly, saying that "instead of expressing concern, Berlin needs to put Moscow in its place."

So as I've said - Ukrainians are emboldened by the latest visit of Lloyd Austin, the latest supply of weapons, and his speeches that "Ukraine in NATO is not an impossible thing."

And of course when the Ukrs are shelling Donetsk with the heavy artillery, killing civilians, move their troops and take over the village in the "grey zone," all in clear violation of the Minsk agreement, Washington has no concerns.

But It looks like it IS concerned now, that Russia is bringing its troops close to Ukrainian border again.

That's what I see here today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrMx_8z9Gs

So I guess by the look of it all, Washington encourages Kiev to start the full-blown war in Donbass, provoking Russia to respond, and the punch-line will be immediately "See, Russia is a rogue state, it's dangerous, we need to remove Putin like other dangerous dictators out there."

That's what I see is shaping so far.

Russians ( Lavrov, Zakharova et al) are sending signal to Berlin and Paris ( well Washington too I assume) "Start paying attention what your minions are doing, or else.")

And it looks like they are considering a "no fly" zone over Donbass.

Last edited by erasure; 10-31-2021 at 02:24 PM..

Old 10-31-2021, 06:44 PM

Russia needs to kick the crap out of those militias at a minimum. A No Fly zone might help a little but not much. A few hundred Kalibre cruise missiles on command posts, supply depots, vehicle parks and Ukrainian HQ in Izyum would be a good start. Hit the Ukrop airbases too. Level every one east of the Dneipre including Borispol but do that at night when the least amount of civvies are present.

Send in the Donetsk militias to pin down the Ukrop apes with the Russian troops right behind them to join in on the march and over run the freaks to dumb not to run. Drop paratroopers and air troops about 100 miles in from north Crimea and south from the Belgorod area to catch most of the cowards trying to flee. Destroy everything military in that whole part of Ukraine. Sink every Ukrainian military vessel floating in the Sea of Azov and in Odessa.

All this can be done in 24 hours if times right.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:05 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Russia needs to kick the crap out of those militias at a minimum. A No Fly zone might help a little but not much. A few hundred Kalibre cruise missiles on command posts, supply depots, vehicle parks and Ukrainian HQ in Izyum would be a good start. Hit the Ukrop airbases too. Level every one east of the Dneipre including Borispol but do that at night when the least amount of civvies are present.

Send in the Donetsk militias to pin down the Ukrop apes with the Russian troops right behind them to join in on the march and over run the freaks to dumb not to run. Drop paratroopers and air troops about 100 miles in from north Crimea and south from the Belgorod area to catch most of the cowards trying to flee. Destroy everything military in that whole part of Ukraine. Sink every Ukrainian military vessel floating in the Sea of Azov and in Odessa.

No fly zone and a 50 km demilitarized buffer at the border with the two republics....violations will be punished

Old 11-01-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:

They can't do any of it NOW without hurting civilians.
Unlike the Ukrs, they are very careful about such things.

As I've said, the time when it could have been easily done, without hurting population is gone, because the Ukr army is beefed up by Americans and the Ukr. Nationalist battalions are more and more brazen because of it.

That's why Russians are sometimes talking about precise hits at Kiev, at the headquarters where these military commands are coming from.

They've already said that if Russia will ever decide to respond, it will be the end of "Ukrainian statehood" as such.

Last edited by erasure; 11-01-2021 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-02-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
They can't do any of it NOW without hurting civilians.
Unlike the Ukrs, they are very careful about such things.

As I've said, the time when it could have been easily done, without hurting population is gone, because the Ukr army is beefed up by Americans and the Ukr. Nationalist battalions are more and more brazen because of it.

That's why Russians are sometimes talking about precise hits at Kiev, at the headquarters where these military commands are coming from.

They've already said that if Russia will ever decide to respond, it will be the end of "Ukrainian statehood" as such.
There is a campaign in the Ukraine theatre sponsored by Western interests and certain Ukrainians that has one purpose. To provoke Russia into a conflict.

I know the Russians realize this but I fail to see why they don't realize that there is nothing to be gained by not acting. The cancer that is Ukraine today will continue to grow.

I am quite sure Russia can destroy Ukrainian forces in the East with ease. A full invasion will ensure the destruction of opposing forces within days and occupation of the whole of the Ukraine to a north south line from Kiev to Odessa in a matter of weeks.

There will be civilian deaths. The militias will have a hard time getting away and I know they will be using civvies as shields if they have to.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:49 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
I think the Russians understand what they are doing. And about the "cancerous tumor" a certain therapy is being carried out.
Well, the Ukrainian army was defeated. And then what?
A war with the EU? Oh, it's time to stop this terrible Russia! )) The guys are overseas, sleeping and seeing how good it will be for them if Russia grapples with Europe. It 's a fairy tale !They have already done this twice.No?
No and there won't be a big war. Well, ok. What to do with Ukraine? Take it on balance and instead of development spend all the money and resources to restore and fight against all this darkness that people have there in their heads? Do we need it?Take it like this and withdraw from all interesting directions, because there is no more resource?
Here I read that Russia should do this, should do that.conquer those, conquer these.Save someone. But at the same time, none of the sufferers on this forum even hinted how many Russian lives will be spent on this "must". I don't care about the Russians, what to count them for. they owe something to everyone there. Not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe