Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 06:24 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Oh that Zelensky, what a riot for him to go to Kherson to seal the deal to finally get their port out of the mafia's hands. How anti-Russian of him to do this.
Yeah-yeah-yeah.

Yet another staged event ( he had quite a few lately,) - Zelensky surrounded by the Nazi guard ( which is now hired by him) and *pre-selected journalists* ( the rest of media basically boycotted this circus.)

Quote:
And then go on to meet with local officials and farmers there and Russian language was used in those public meetings. Don't they know to follow Russian propaganda telling them that this banned there? What is a president doing listening to local Russian speakers on advice what to do? Government is about the dictator telling you what to do! For shame Ukraine acting western!
Yes they do know that he continues the practice of outlawing Russian language, and that's why he wouldn't dare to address them in Ukrainian, since his rating is already going way down, and particularly in the regions where he is responsible for outlawing their native tongue.

But Zelensky's plummeting rating was first thing in today's news, so I'll address it in a separate post.

Quote:
What else can we twist to make Russian propaganda look like reality... oh let's go by Russian youtube comments! That president needs to stop all this anti corruption and working with Europe and start to go by what Russians tell him to do on social media.
I dunno about that one, but I know what to do in order to expose YOUR constant disinformation/slash propaganda disseminated around here - that's pretty easy.

I wish I could be more like Sharij, and to address each and every attempt to twist the truth or to expose downright lies, his ability to get down to the finest details of it, but I have no patience for that.

But in this case, as far as the outlawing of the Russian language goes - here it is;

"The Law prohibits actions aiming to introduce multilingualism at the official level (granting any other language besides Ukrainian official status) and views these attempts as unconstitutional—identical to actions aimed at forcibly overthrowing constitutional order. (Id. art. 1(6).)

The Law also obligates every citizen of Ukraine to speak the state language.

The Law mandates the use of Ukrainian by officials and representatives of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government, as well as persons working in medical and educational settings. (Id. art. 9.) It also requires that Ukrainian be used in all official bodies, meetings, and legal documents, including those of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. (Id. arts. 12, 13.)

The new Law requires that, from 2023, education must be conducted in Ukrainian.

Additionally, certain classes can be conducted in languages other than the state language (for example, English or other official languages of the European Union). ( Just NOT in Russian minding you.)

Works of science, art, and culture are to be presented in the state language, and the print media must use the state language. (Id. arts. 22, 23, 25.) Scientific and cultural events that are not conducted in the state language must be accompanied by translation into the state language. (Id.) This requirement applies to works of cinematography and museum exhibits. (Id. art 23.) Movie theaters have the right to show subtitled foreign-language movies. Such movies, however, should make up no more than 10% of all public film screenings in the country. (Id. art. 23(6).) Broadcasts in the language of the Crimean Tatars or other languages of indigenous people should not exceed 30% of all broadcasts. (Id. art 24(3).) Goods sold in Ukraine (including computer programs) must have descriptive user interfaces in the state language. (Id. art. 26.) At least 50% of all books available for sale in bookstores are to be in the state language. (Id. art 27.)

The Library of Congress

Other than that - yes of course the Russian-speakers are free to speak Russian.
Thank you for reminding them, but oh... the last thing - the latest additions to the law is that they won't be allowed to speak Russian in the stores either - the next year or in couple of years - don't remember exactly now. Or they will be fined. They need to get out in the fresh air to "act Western" ( to speak Russian language that is. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 08:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
What's with the strange obsession with the president's bodyguards? Don't like that a national MMA champion is his bodyguard? Or just in general it bothers you that he is guarded by tough guys...isn't that the point?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
What's with the strange obsession with the president's bodyguards? Don't like that a national MMA champion is his bodyguard? Or just in general it bothers you that he is guarded by tough guys...isn't that the point?

No, not "tough guys," but that he hired specifically the Nazi to guard him.

You know, I am coming to an interesting conclusion ( call it "nature," call it "god" - whatever.)
But since I've been watching already for quite a while what was developing in Ukraine, the US direct involvement in Ukrainian ( or better call it "Russia minor") affairs, and what's more important - the US backing of the Nazi there -... well, I came to an interesting conclusion, that the more US will be supporting the Nazi there, ( and the turmoil that "Russia minor" is going through because of it,) the more the turmoil will persist and grow within the US themselves.

I'm kinda even getting some clues why it's happening.
But hang on, I need to listen to more of the latest news from that part of the world, and then I'll get back to Zelensky's rating as I've promised.

I know you are waiting for the latest news here.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:19 PM

OK, so this is what Sharij reported today..

"Today dear friends something took place, something that we couldn't believe would ever happen, but today Strana UA reported it on their site, and I have no reason to not to believe them.
They write that in July the new and improved media law includes the wider possibilities for blocking the media, and this includes Youtube. The denial of access to certain sites will be required from the owner of the platform..
So they were laughing at Russia, they were pointing their finger at them, yet by now when they realized that they are coming to a crashing end, they decided to block Youtube.
And what are the reasons for that? Could it be the plummeting rating of Zelensky, who lost whopping 10% within the last month alone? It went from 47% to 38% as you've already learned in today's news."
That's not the end of the news. Recently, president's office bought popular Telegam channels
( this information is out in the open) and started spreading through them all kind of fake information about Sharij, in desperate attempt to bring his popularity down.

Yes, THERE ARE very legitimate reasons why Zelensky is afraid of Shaij.
As I've said earlier, he is losing his voter base in Eastern/Southern Ukraine ( mostly younger, educated age group) to Sharij's party, while the older voters now tend to give their vote to Opposition Platform, whose rating is going up as well.

And even this is not the end of bad news for Zelensky ( and with him - for the US and IMF)

"Sociologists emphasize that for the first time since the inauguration of President Zelensky, his actions are not approved by more respondents than approved.
In addition, 23% of respondents in June approve of the actions of the Cabinet of Ministers; 59% do not approve.
21% of Ukrainians are satisfied with the Verkhovna Rada; 62% do not approve of its activities.

KIIS conducted a CATI (computer-assisted telephone interviews) survey from June 20 to 23, based on a random sample of mobile phone numbers. 2000 interviews were conducted during the survey."

https://www.promoteukraine.org/presi...ng-is-falling/

By the end of his video Sharij adds that tomorrow his party was planning to celebrate birthday of Nikita Rozhenko, who miraculously survived the savage beating recently, ( his scull is severely damaged, he might lose his sight all together and might not be able to move,) but they received a message, that Kharkov's police "can't guarantee the safety of the event," since the Nazi are bringing their people to town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uotSw443xg&t=39s

P.S. BTW in one of his previous videos Sharij was talking about that trip of Zelensky to Kherson ( since they went to see him there,) but that's when they learned that he hired the Nazi as his personal guard now.

Last edited by erasure; 06-29-2020 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
The president spent most of his day there meeting with various local and industry officials. You think his guards are nazi because they didn't allow this Sharij guy's people (whoever they are) to confront him personally? Is this a joke? He is like Lyashko, but not even as popular. Nobody I know in Kherson even heard of Sharij or give a toss about the 12 people who stood holding signs for his youtube show.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:27 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Stop political prostitution in Ukraine!
I'll join to new party!
What about you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvfcjttzKH8&feature=youtu.be

Old 06-30-2020, 08:00 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Yes because this new party will "never" be corrupt unlike all other parties. We've seen this in eastern europe thousands of times, every new "Savior" steals more than the predecessor.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:30 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yes because this new party will "never" be corrupt unlike all other parties. We've seen this in eastern europe thousands of times, every new "Savior" steals more than the predecessor.
I just like Alexandra Klitina as a woman and party leader! She is cool!

Old 06-30-2020, 12:28 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Is her platform any better though? Not gonna comment on her looks or maybe I should given how Timoshenko was another beauty-and-brains who was accused of corruption a while back, perhaps this will influence how Ukrainians vote today...

Old 06-30-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The president spent most of his day there meeting with various local and industry officials. You think his guards are nazi because they didn't allow this Sharij guy's people (whoever they are) to confront him personally? Is this a joke? He is like Lyashko, but not even as popular. Nobody I know in Kherson even heard of Sharij or give a toss about the 12 people who stood holding signs for his youtube show.

This was not for "his youtube show," but for his 2 million (2.36 by now) subscribers and for the rest of Ukrainians ( or anyone who has ears out there.) Sharij is exposing the lies and crimes of Zelensky's government in the same steady manner as he was exposing Poroshenko and Co before that.

After numerous members ( and journalists) of his party were threatened, attacked, beaten up, and in the latest case - maimed for life ( with police backing up the perpetrators,) Shaij's people came to the Ukrainian Rada with the pictures of this nearly killed person, and laid them out on the front steps of the building, along with Ukrainian constitution, that guarantees "freedom of speech, political affiliation" and the rest.

But the "guarantor" of Ukrainian constitution, president Zelsnsky refused to come out, and to talk to his constituents, while he was rushing to greet a small group of "Maidan representatives" just a couple of months earlier, when THEY showed up on the steps of Rada.

But Sharij's people are pretty persistent as I've said, so they followed Zelensky on his trip to Kherson to bring their point across, and that's where they've learned for the first time that Zelensky surrounded himself with the Nazi ( i.e. National Corps.)
And so, since Zelensky is clearly afraid of Sharij, his team is trying to come up with a plan now how to get rid of him, not only spreading lies about him in Ukraine, but trying to come up with any kind of stories to make EU extradite Sharij back to Ukraine, where they'd be able to finish him off.
However, since Sharij sits in the EU ( and not in Kremlin, as some are trying to insinuate,) and is protected by European laws, ( and personal guard by now,) he appealed to a number of European governments, starting from German Bundestag, to the entities dealing with Human Rights issues.

The last I've heard, they are working with him now.

Which yet again sets EU on a clashing course with the US, since it's the US ( well Biden's clique as far as I can see,) that supports the Nazi units operating in Ukraine. Because without them, Zelensky's government will go down pretty fast, and with that - the whole "anti-Russia" project in Ukraine, designed by the Democrats.

Last edited by erasure; 06-30-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe