Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2021, 12:15 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

I think you are describing Russia. Ukraine has far less infections and covid deaths this month. I guess its a good thing they aren't allowing flights in from Russia. Better keep it that way.

So while Ukraine only has 1/3rd the vaccination rate of Russia, their vaccines actually work so they will probably end up better off in the end. But only if enough people use them, which I am extremely doubtful of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 01:02 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I think you are describing Russia. Ukraine has far less infections and covid deaths this month. I guess its a good thing they aren't allowing flights in from Russia. Better keep it that way.

So while Ukraine only has 1/3rd the vaccination rate of Russia, their vaccines actually work so they will probably end up better off in the end. But only if enough people use them, which I am extremely doubtful of.
You're just imagining it.
What can "really work" for you when 0.8 percent of the population is fully vaccinated? Less than one percent !
But from the places they say that everything is bad,you can not get to the hospital, only if you are already almost in a coma , that is, the most seriously ill.
I suspect that the others are simply not considered, those who did not get to the hospital. But I strongly suspect that the number of patients is equal to the number of places.Hence the good statistics.
But you continue to deceive yourself and others.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:54 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
You're just imagining it.
What can "really work" for you when 0.8 percent of the population is fully vaccinated? Less than one percent !
But from the places they say that everything is bad,you can not get to the hospital, only if you are already almost in a coma , that is, the most seriously ill.
I suspect that the others are simply not considered, those who did not get to the hospital. But I strongly suspect that the number of patients is equal to the number of places.Hence the good statistics.
But you continue to deceive yourself and others.

DKM simply doesn't understand what "health reforms" conducted by Americans meant for Ukrainians.

When the health care facilities in the country side that used to serve so many people were simply shut down, and the nearest facility ( remained open) became 50 km away from certain villages/settlements. (And even small towns.) It was an American idea behind it, that in order to save money on health care, people simply have to travel to the next functioning facility.

The problem is, in America everyone is driving in the rural areas, where in Ukraine they don't have cars, and often even decent roads to travel by.

The were pulling the same crap in Russia under the pretext of the "optimization of the healthcare" ( same was with schools) promoted by the "liberal wing" of the Russian government I'm sure ( Greff et al,) but the outcry was pretty loud. And since Putin decided that he wanted the increase in population, these closings were part of a problem.

So I guess recently Russian government reversed these policies ( even before Covid has hit the country.)
But in Russia they are interested in the growth of population.
In Ukraine on another hand Americans are not interested in the growth of the population.

In fact, it's quiet the opposite.

The immigration from the country to the neighboring Poland/Czechoslovakia that are already depleted of people is very much encouraged.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:16 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
interesting situation:
EU does not want it, they have no money, Russia does not want it, they have no money either.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:21 PM
DKM

Ironic for Russians to opine about deceptive statistics. Back when things were worse in Ukraine, same ones on here talked about Russia's success in fighting covid and Ukraine's failure. Now that things are better in Ukraine than in Russia (which had to renew covid restrictions) all of the sudden the stats are all fake. Same old bla bla bla. I already told you what the problem is. They have millions of unused vaccines and can't get people to take them.

Speaking of liars, Pooty poot today drummed up his old lie about the Ukrainian revolution being an American plot. Poor Pooty can't handle the truth. Ukrainians simply wanted to be aligned with Europe over his version of Russia. That drove him to start a war to stop it and blame the result on America as if he speaks for Ukrainians now. Pathetic and sad grandpa needs to retire and let the people decide who is best to lead them.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Ironic for Russians to opine about deceptive statistics. Back when things were worse in Ukraine, same ones on here talked about Russia's success in fighting covid and Ukraine's failure. Now that things are better in Ukraine than in Russia (which had to renew covid restrictions) all of the sudden the stats are all fake. Same old bla bla bla. I already told you what the problem is. They have millions of unused vaccines and can't get people to take them.

As I've said - Moscow simply opened the international borders too early, and got a new strand of virus apparently.

Quote:
Speaking of liars, Pooty poot today drummed up his old lie about the Ukrainian revolution being an American plot. Poor Pooty can't handle the truth. Ukrainians simply wanted to be aligned with Europe over his version of Russia. That drove him to start a war to stop it and blame the result on America as if he speaks for Ukrainians now. Pathetic and sad grandpa needs to retire and let the people decide who is best to lead them.
"Ukrainians simply wanted"...
Again - who and where?

Of course it was American plot, as much as you'd love to deny it.

"American Conquest by Subversion: Victoria Nuland's Admits Washington Has Spent $5 Billion to "Subvert Ukraine" "After three visits to Ukraine in five weeks, Victoria Nuland explains that in the past two decades, the United States has spent five Billion dollars ($5,000,000,000) to subvert Ukraine, and assures her listeners that there are prominent businessmen and government officials who support the US project to tear Ukraine away from its historic relationship with Russia and into the US sphere of interest (via "Europe"). Victoria Nuland is the wife of Robert Kagan, leader of the younger generation of "neo-cons". After serving as Hillary Clinton's spokesperson, she is now undersecretary of state for Europe and Eurasia." Diana Johnstone Hear Victoria Nuland's very concise, almost victorious speech"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2fYcHLouXY

Old 06-22-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
interesting situation:
EU does not want it, they have no money, Russia does not want it, they have no money either.

Correction: the OLD Europe doesn't want it, America and "new Europe" would love to have it in order to accomplish the further geopolitical goals.

But yes, it's too expensive of a project for either one.
And Russian government woke up to a fact that having Ukraine in its sphere of interests is not a "given" thing.

It DOES require an effort - something they never thought of before.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:55 PM
DKM

If you frame it that it's America's fault by spreading pro democracy into Ukraine's political system, then we agree America shares some blame. Once Ukrainians were able to over come the principal-agency problem in their system, the majority chose Europe. This is validated by all elections and polls during and since the events 7.5 years ago. In Ukraine (and in Europe!) the majority decide what to do, not the "authorities" especially self imposed leaders like the former brother nations live under. And you can't take it away unless by force but good luck with that.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:11 PM
DKM

Next week begins the largest Sea Breeze exercise in history as 31 nations join Ukraine for its annual naval exercises. Putin is making his dogs on "60 Minutes" bark about it soon. No doubt we forced 30 colonies to join us. Several countries joining for the first time include Japan, Korea, Egypt, Australia and Brazil.

Speaking of Navies, today was signed the agreement for building ships and bases together with the UK. The signing ceremony took place on a UK destroyer in the port of Odesa.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
If you frame it that it's America's fault by spreading pro democracy into Ukraine's political system, then we agree America shares some blame. Once Ukrainians were able to over come the principal-agency problem in their system, the majority chose Europe. This is validated by all elections and polls during and since the events 7.5 years ago. In Ukraine (and in Europe!) the majority decide what to do, not the "authorities" especially self imposed leaders like the former brother nations live under. And you can't take it away unless by force but good luck with that.

"Spreading pro-democracy" is just a window sign, the coverup for the US to push its mercantile/geopolitical interests as it turned out to be - alas.

I saw that "spreading pro-democracy" in Russia back in the 90ies ( and the results of it,) and I keep on watching it today in Ukraine.

Among other things, I am listening in this dispatch of "Strana UA" a pretty interesting investigation on what really stands behind the latest attempts to bring down such controversial figure as Dmitry Firtash ( who happened to be involved in Trump-Ukraine scandal by the way ( from what I see now.)

He happened to have 49% of certain Titanium enterprise in Zaporozhie region as well.

Until 2014 this very enterprise used to have close cooperation with Russian "Avisma"

- the world's largest titanium producer.

Initially Avisma was put on sanctions list by US government, but sanctions were removed pretty fast, since ( everyone's guess) Avisma supplies Boeing.

So now Zaporozhie titanium enterprise ( where Ukrainian government has 51% of stocks,) has hastily re-written the rules, so that in their attempt to privatize that Zaporozhian enterprise, Firtash wouldn't be able to buy the rest of stocks
Instead, the AMERICAN BUYER is eyeing that enterprise, in order to redefine Titanium world market, and to brake Boeing dependency on Russian Avisma.
This is one of the latest examples of what this is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsQGBpaMWU

But you, DKM, keep on feeding us all your fairy-tales about "spreading pro-democracy."

By all means.

We are all ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe