Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 11:49 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Apparently not, otherwise the rebels wouldn't have shot down an airliner.
But yet, Russia provided the BUK's to these paramilitant rebels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:55 PM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
But yet, Russia provided the BUK's to these paramilitant rebels.
Prove it

Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Selena, I'm sure there is a difference.
I've looked right now at this article. I'll try to make a long story short; America can be ruled by money, Russia - can't. Yet that's precisely what took place from the nineties and in the most corrupt manner. So Putin and Co ( who are inseparable part of this corruption) are trying to come up with some "spiritual ideas," ideas of forced patriotism, ( and religion) because their empire glued together by corrupt money can't function too well.
It's another question why Putin is still in charge, ( I DO understand why Russians are voting for him so far,) however I see a lot of them thanking you guys, in Eastern Ukraine now, saying that they are grateful to you because you've reminded them what true patriotism is - the love for your country and culture, the courage to die for it, for your neighbor, without thinking how much it will cost in dollars or economic sanctions.

P.S. Yesterday over 200 Serbs arrived to join your army. Так что встречайте. Apparently they have their own ideas about what's is right and what's wrong in this world as well.
Putin is a real leader, now I know why people voted for him too. You know, for the first time in my life I have realized what is patriotism too. I always told that I am russian, now I know why russian people are closer for me than ukrainian. I can't say that I am not afraid to die for it, but for sure I won't live in Nazi country.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,003 times
For all practical purposes, the anti-Russian hysteria has reached an acumen in the West.
But it can't go on like that. The most hysterical of the Russian bashers , one of these days, will have to realize that Realpolitik à la Kissinger is more efficient than Ideology à la Breszinsky....

Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
For all practical purposes, the anti-Russian hysteria has reached an acumen in the West.
What anti-Russia hysteria? Most people here in the USA don't care about Russia, no one here talks about Russia on a daily basis, Russia is seen mostly as a crumbling, irrelevant BRIC country, often compared to Brazil and India. We have only been talking about Russia lately because:

a) They invaded a sovereign country
b) They might have shot down a plane full of innocent people

Brazilians, Indians and Russians share some of the same ideas. They think they are way more important and relevant than they actually are. They seem to think that the whole world has a conspiracy against them because obviously we envy these countries.

Truth is, India, Brazil and Russia have a huge inferiority complex- deep inside, they know they will never be at the same level as the most developed countries in Europe and North America

Old 07-22-2014, 04:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
61% of Ukrainians are in favor of EU, new polls shows. 20% are in favor of the Bandit Mafioso Putin-puppet Eurasian Union. 44% of Ukrainians are in favor of NATO, while 35% are against.

60% <- Interfax Ukraine

"Most likely supporters of integration into the Customs Union in the Donbass - 58%, in the Kharkiv region - 42% and in the south - 29%."

Old 07-22-2014, 04:53 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,003 times
Truth is, India, Brazil and Russia have a huge inferiority complex- deep inside, they know they will never be at the same level as the most developed countries in Europe and North America

This rant is absolutely irrelevant. There are probably as many opinions as there are Indians or Russian citizens. Some may have an inferiority complex,or a superiority , granted, but it is not constructive to paint a whole nation in the same color.
It is even, indeed , akin to Cold War rhetoric. In the present tense situation, it doesn't help, quite the opposite. The world situation is chaotic enough, don't you think so ?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:04 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times
Quote:
in the Donbass - 58%

So in one region - the majority. And your task is to explain them the good points of the EU, not making labels. If they don't understand - repeat.

People in Kiev did nothing to explain their point of view to the others.They were in a state of euphoria. They also thought that the "big guys" (the USA and others) will fight for them directly.

They came back to reality now (a little bit late!), and I appreciate the man they elected.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
61% of Ukrainians are in favor of EU, new polls shows. 20% are in favor of the Bandit Mafioso Putin-puppet Eurasian Union. 44% of Ukrainians are in favor of NATO, while 35% are against.

60% <- Interfax Ukraine

"Most likely supporters of integration into the Customs Union in the Donbass - 58%, in the Kharkiv region - 42% and in the south - 29%."
58% in Donbass? Is their Donbass situated on the Earth?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:19 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
58% in Donbass? Is their Donbass situated on the Earth?
Not everyone wants to commit high treason, like you did. Look forward to your life in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe