Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of propaganda in Russian mass-media. For example, they claimed that if Ukraine signed the agreement with the EU, there will be restitution and "Poles force them to return all property". All experts said that it's a fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 09:53 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
There are a lot of propaganda in Russian mass-media. For example, they claimed that if Ukraine signed the agreement with the EU, there will be restitution and "Poles force them to return all property". All experts said that it's a fake.
It was not propaganda, they spoke in terms of the agreement with the European Union, Ukraine is obliged to adapt their legislation to EU norms. Therefore may occur restitution. it could be money.
Germany did it, and there are laws in some Baltic republics about it. So that all may or may not be.

But as the provide the IMF loan is very interesting. Because for Ukraine make an exception to the rule. Plus previously mentioned - to Ukraine has received a loan, it should not spend money on social needs and vice versa. Ukraine was to cut all social spending, which she did. Comes out. At war with his people can spend the IMF loan. On Social spending is not.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,249 times
Yes, they did. You are right. But it depends on the country, not on Brussels. I doubt that Ukraine will adopt such laws and I doubt that Poland will play against them in current situation.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
I have to say, I still think Russia did it. I have a love and hate relationship with Russia and its people. I abhor some aspects of Russian culture but the food and the music is excellent.

Today I was listening to a Russian song by Can Man called London Goodbye, it rocks!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:43 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,322 times
Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile | Reuters

This comes as a no surprise for me.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Today I was listening to a Russian song by Can Man called London Goodbye, it rocks!
To understand the many good Russian songs need to know Russian language. The texts contain a lot of sense. For example.

Middle manager.
Ûõýøýóрðô — Üõýõôöõр - YouTube

You make me sick.
Ûõýøýóрðô-×ðõñðû Sziget 2013 - YouTube

Freedom.
Ûõýøýóрðô — áòþñþôð - YouTube

or
Song about jews.
Ã*ðñфðú - ÃÂþòðѠßõÑÂÃ½Ñ Þ ÕòрõÑÂÑ… - YouTube

Old 07-23-2014, 06:21 PM

238 posts, read 198,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I am still waiting for you in Skype)) I thought you are afraid that russian terrorists will kidnap you while we will be talking and ran away, but you are still here
Personally I can't find any confirmation of these words- I mean words about Buk, but found its' refutation. Quote: Khodakovsky denied that rebels have "Buk" near Snezhnoe where was shot Malaysian Boeing. In addition he said TV channel RT that he has a video of that interview and he can prove that he didn't tell that that rebels have or had "Buk"

Last edited by Selena822; 07-23-2014 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-23-2014, 06:55 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
By the way, when I was reading something like

"OSCE spokesman Michael Bociurkiw said on CNN that that they were greeted with hostility by the rebels, some of whom he said were obviously drunk. The rebels would not allow the OSCE full access to the crime scene although Mr Bociukiw could see civilians walking through the crash site.

The cameraman Demjen Doroshenko said that he saw rebels looting the belongings of the dead, he said "Once they were gone I went over to the body where they had been and found wallets left open and purses all over the ground"-

it was reeking of familiar negativity.
The kind I often saw on this forum from posters that are related/have relatives either in the countries of the former Eastern block, or those that were part of the Soviet Union.
These people don't have ability to be objective - I've learned that much, since they are affected by their own agenda, therefore their views will always be skewed - that's understood.
So today I've read with a big surprise on rebel's site that Michael Borciurkiw ( the head of OSCE in Ukraine) hails from a family of a well-known Bandera follower, born in Western Ukraine - (the much hated Galicia to be precise,) who later immigrated to Canada ( as many Ukrainians did.)
Oh well...
Not that I expect to read about "clean shaven and highly organized Russian rebels" any time soon, but still, that explained to me a thing or two.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
It's pretty amazing Erasure. These people are dedicated to the assassination and degradation of everything Russian. It does nothing to help the situation and it's what feeds the strife that flourishes throughout the region. I cannot say they're a small portion of the people who live there I have seen otherwise in my travels. I could be wrong, my travels were limited there.

I wonder what the people there think of their new masters.

I think such people are psychopaths

Old 07-23-2014, 08:43 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

One thing which struck me about Mr. Putin was that he absolutely did not condemn the shooting down of a civilian airliner by 'perpatrators'.
He tries to keep up a facade. But deep down he is a troublesome man right now.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-23-2014 at 09:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe