Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
And why we need to start that gamble? Wasn't it obvoius that it will be an absurd one? Besides, we already annexed one territory. The other countries reacted quite calm. We should have stopped. Ok, perhaps the militaries wanted to return the naval base. Ok, they did it. Stop.

But no, someone became insane and decided that he can do everything he wants... And the reasons? The idea that the lives of the population were in danger, that the far-right activists come and kill them all as during WWII, was an absurd one.
The reasons?
The cultural and historic ties of the population of the East Ukraine to Russia. No one asked them on Maidan whether "getting in Europe" was what they wanted.
And yes, their language and culture were under fire just for being who/what they are in *New, Europeanized Ukraine,* lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Considering the age of the US and its track record -
You're deflecting.

I'm not saying the US has a great track record. That's not even the discussion. My point is that it's NOT the business of the US to get involved in this situation because it wasn't our plane, our citizens, our land, our loss, our rebels, or even our equipment. The other parties involved have full capability of handling this entirely on their own and if it's important enough to them, they will do so - and CAN do so without our involvement.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,549 times
erasure
- How rebels can solve their problems? Nowise.
- Is our language is so under fire? All people who wanted, became citizens of the independent state, without special exams in language, as far as I know. They speak Russian and they will speak it in the future.
- Belarus has much weaker national movement, people there speak our language, a lot of them didn't want independence, but now they got used to it.

A normal solution would have been a well-organized Commonwealth with one currency. I'm upset that such a scenario wasn't made in the past, both countries would have been stronger. But to send the rebels? No, we made the bad things only worser.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The plane was full of Dutch citizens. I'd say the Netherlands has some interest in the situation - or at least they SHOULD, and they're an EU member state. That's my frame of reference.
For that part yes, of course, and it's in the EU's interest of ending this conflict.

I was referring to the false claim often Russian propaganda victims often say that EU was actively staging a coup and would try to "steal" Ukraine from the hands of Russia. And would now be giving aid to the Ukrainian government and use it as a weapon against Russia. But they don't realise that, the Russians are still in their Cold War trenches while the EU has risen from them, filled them, and planted trees on the ancient trenches.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
For that part yes, of course, and it's in the EU's interest of ending this conflict.

I was referring to the false claim often Russian propaganda victims often say that EU was actively staging a coup and would try to "steal" Ukraine from the hands of Russia. And would now be giving aid to the Ukrainian government and use it as a weapon against Russia. But they don't realise that, the Russians are still in their Cold War trenches while the EU has risen from them, filled them, and planted trees on the ancient trenches.
Oh right - that's craziness there (EU trying to snatch Ukraine).

Old 07-21-2014, 09:32 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times
Russia Conspiracy Theories Trap Putin Malaysia Airlines MH17 | New Republic

Old 07-21-2014, 09:32 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You're deflecting.

I'm not saying the US has a great track record. That's not even the discussion. My point is that it's NOT the business of the US to get involved in this situation because it wasn't our plane, our citizens, our land, our loss, our rebels, or even our equipment. The other parties involved have full capability of handling this entirely on their own and if it's important enough to them, they will do so - and CAN do so without our involvement.
Someone gets run over - no reason to call 911 - not my problem.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Someone gets run over - no reason to call 911 - not my problem.
I'm sure they would be glad to take advantage of your special training, pick a side and go enlist yourself.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes. In Kiev, Odessa, Mariupol, Slavyansk, Donetsk, Lugansk, etc. killing many people. You can say that militias receive orders from Russia. Possible. Maybe there is a little help. But it's a drop in the sea.

In Crimea, the victims almost was not. This is stabilizing the situation.

The situation was set on fire in Kiev. Russia only reacts and defends.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,391 times
Malaysia Airlines crash site 'absolutely shambolic', says Australian PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe