Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
I have only Slavic and German predecessors in my family tree. I don't have any mongoloid or asiatic look.
Yet you are still regarded as the second sort by the Westerners for some interesting reason, as hard as you try))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 12:34 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yet you are still regarded as the second sort by the Westerners for some interesting reason, as hard as you try))))
Must be awesome to randomly bash "the West" and other Slavic nations who dared to turn their back on Russia, all while silently sobbing yourself to sleep over the long gone and dead Soviet Union...

Seems like that's a popular Russian hobby at the moment.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM

202 posts, read 224,487 times
Quote:
I think it might be due to Russian occupation that degraded my country from one of the 10 most developed to one of the most poorest country in the world.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:38 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Must be awesome to randomly bash "the West" and other Slavic nations who dared to turn their back on Russia, all while silently sobbing yourself to sleep over the long gone and dead Soviet Union...

Seems like that's a popular Russian hobby at the moment.
Especially when adding that she fled the Soviet Union and lives in the US...

Old 07-20-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Another sidenote. I am not trying to offend anybody but I always find it so hard to discuss these matters with Russian people. Russian people are so incredibly brainwashed and manipulated by the Kremlin lies.

One of my best friends is from Russia and after I visited Estonia and Latvia, I tried to discuss in a nice way some of the atrocities Russia did in Estonia and Latvia. In her mind, she truly believes that Russia is a good country that "helped" places like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
It's not easy for an American to understand Russians and other way around as well, because the national characters ( and perceptions) are quite different.
I remember, that being aware of the situation in Baltic republics back in Soviet days, I was puzzled to no end, by this common belief of "helping places like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania."
Until I've realized one day that it was more than just "Kremlin propaganda," because Kremlin propaganda wouldn't have been be able to accomplish anything without the fertile ground. And the fertile ground was precisely that - that in every Russian child there were apparently ingrained traits of the benevolent despot, as in "I've shared half of my candy with you, I've split it right in the middle - what do you mean you don't want it and it's not what makes you happy?"

Quote:
Reading some of the posts here from people in Russia, I see exactly the same thing, people who are extremely brainwashed and unable to think clearly. The version of history that Russia teaches its citizens has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Just my opinion.
And "reality" of course is the version of history that America teaches its citizens?

Last edited by erasure; 07-20-2014 at 01:30 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 12:40 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Robbed? Actually here +30 C and these bodies were removed to refrigerators, OSCE inspectors now examining them. Somebody told today that nobody took care about bodies? So what don't you like now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
1 hr ago

The bodies will go nowhere until experts arrive," Borodai said, speaking in the rebel-held city of Donetsk.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Aren't we a bit touchy today?
I was not "bashing the West" - rather pointing at the incessant insecurity\inferiority complex of some (a-hem) Eastern European posters here)))))

Old 07-20-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Especially when adding that she fled the Soviet Union and lives in the US...
Yes dear, it was actually a political asylum that I've got in the US.
( Have to admit though, that it all happened BEFORE the nineties and BEFORE I became aware of what exactly took place in Russia after I've already left it.)

Last edited by erasure; 07-20-2014 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 12:50 PM

202 posts, read 224,487 times
Quote:
Aren't we a bit touchy today?
I was not "bashing the West" - rather pointing at the incessant insecurity\inferiority complex of some (a-hem) Eastern European posters here)))))
So those who point on Russian crimes actually have an inferiority complex ?
Now everything makes sense.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Meanwhile Russian terrorists robbed passengers of the Malaysian aircraft. How typical bestial behaviour for Russians.
I think it's obvious somebody peed in the gene pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe