Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2021, 04:12 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Once again, you are posting things that are not true. Ukraine received its first 117k of Pfizer doses over a month ago. This week they are getting almost 500k. The fact that the diluent comes from another factory is completely normal, yet your Russian propaganda makes relevance out of nothing. You prefer invented facts and bla bla bla Russia as usual... Ukraine will only use WHO approved vaccines, so no Sputnik sorry.

What choice do Russians have? It seems to bother you not one whit that Russians cannot use anything but their own vaccines and they have the lowest acceptance rate of any country in the world that developed its own vaccine. Ukrainians have 3 vaccines to choose from, which is the same as most countries.

...the difference is that in Russia right now you walk by any vaccination center and get the shot...in Ukraine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 04:42 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM;61077079[B
]Once again, you are posting things that are not true. Ukraine received its first 117k of Pfizer doses over a month ago. This week they are getting almost 500k. The fact that the diluent comes from another factory is completely normal, yet your Russian propaganda makes relevance out of nothing. You prefer invented facts and bla bla bla Russia as usual...[/b] Ukraine will only use WHO approved vaccines, so no Sputnik sorry.
If you are not happy with the report on the first party of Pfizer supplied to Ukraine (and celebration of it,) take it to the Ukrainian news of the bleating kind, since they are the ones that reported it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEK3nyXp_dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiKkflb5nQc&t=58s

Where YOU are getting your news from, I have no idea.

So, 117, 000 dosages for 30+ million people. ( Some Ukrainians still believe that there are 40 million of them left, but I am afraid they are sorely wrong.)

Quote:
What choice do Russians have? It seems to bother you not one whit that Russians cannot use anything but their own vaccines and they have the lowest acceptance rate of any country in the world that developed its own vaccine. Ukrainians have 3 vaccines to choose from, which is the same as most countries.
No it doesn't bother me that Russians have only their own 3 types of vaccines.
At least they have a choice of having some protection vs having none, like Ukrainians.
Those "three vaccines to choose from" ( that you imply Ukrainians have,) is a bogus.
In fact, those that DID have a choice, ( about how many people? literally you could count them in hundreds,) were in the worst position ever in my understanding.
Because those that were vaccinated with the first shot of Indian Covishield, couldn't get the second one, since India refused to supply them more.
So the Ukrainian government told its population "Not a big deal, you can get the second shot with the Chinese vaccine, that we will get for you soon.. very soon."
And if I personally would have to choose between the Indian Covishield, Chinese I don't know what, and Sputik V, make a wild guess what I'd accept if I had to.

So don't make up stories DKM, this whole situation with Covid was a disaster in Ukraine, while Russians ( as few of them as might were willing to take shots,) brought situation under control.
The situation in Ukraine is out of control, and that's why Covax is sending them finally AT LEAST something by this time, as it sends medication to Africa and other underdeveloped countries.

Old 05-19-2021, 05:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well the first Pfizer portion landed today in Ukraine, the whopping 117, 000 dosages of it, under the Covax

world program.
It isn't the "first" it is the "next". It was 117k today because its coming on 3 or 4 flights this week, to make up the nearly 500k (I'm rounding) shipment.

You misunderstood "first" as it the "first" of the 500k this week, not the first Pfizer doses in Ukraine. Perhaps study the language better if you want to present yourself as an expert.

Furthermore, they previously received 500k vaccines under covax (not counting the "indian" vaccine). The next batch comes in 3 weeks. Thank you for your concern but very soon Ukraine's real problem is convincing people to get vaccinated, not supply. This would be something you could accurately criticize the country about, but oddly you aren't. I would be shocked if even 40% of them choose to get a shot.

Finally, your comment that Russia has brought covid under control is sadly inaccurate. While they lifted restrictions, they are still dealing with many hospitalizations and deaths. Smoothing out edited official data isn't "bringing it under control" except in Putin's mind.

Last edited by DKM; 05-19-2021 at 05:52 PM..

Old 05-19-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It isn't the "first" it is the "next". It was 117k today because its coming on 3 or 4 flights this week, to make up the nearly 500k (I'm rounding) shipment.

You misunderstood "first" as it the "first" of the 500k this week, not the first Pfizer doses in Ukraine. Perhaps study the language better if you want to present yourself as an expert.

Furthermore, they previously received 500k vaccines under covax (not counting the "indian" vaccine). The next batch comes in 3 weeks. Thank you for your concern but Ukraine's real problem is convincing people to get vaccinated, not supply. This would be something you could accurately criticize the country about, but oddly you aren't.

Finally, your comment that Russia has brought covid under control is sadly inaccurate. While they lifted restrictions, they are still dealing with many hospitalizations and deaths. Smoothing out edited official data isn't "bringing it under control" except in Putin's mind.

"Майже пів мільйона доз вакцини від компанії Pfizer/BioNTech до ÐºÑ–Ð½Ñ†Ñ Ñ†ÑŒÐ¾Ð³Ð¾ Ñ‚Ð¸Ð¶Ð½Ñ Ð´Ð¾Ð¿Ñ€Ð°Ð²Ð»ÑÑ‚ÑŒ в Україну. Сьогодні зранку надійшла перша партіÑ. Попереду ще три."

It's written right under the video.

Almost half a million doses of the vaccine from Pfizer / BioNTech will be delivered to Ukraine by the end of this week. The first batch arrived this morning. There are three more ahead.

That's what they are reporting.
You can make up your stories all you want.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:25 PM

P.S. Oh... DKMchik.
I finally found the mentioning of those 117,000 Prizer vaccine dosages to Ukraine back in April under the Covax program.

"Today, Ukraine received the first doses of COVID-19 vaccine shipped via the COVAX Facility, an unprecedented initiative of global solidarity of different countries for global access to COVID-19 vaccines.

This is the first delivery in the framework of COVAX to Ukraine. Ukraine receives 117,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine free of charge.

Supplies of vaccines of different manufacturers within COVAX will continue and are expected to cover up to 20% of the population in Ukraine by the end of 2021.
"

https://www.unicef.org/ukraine/en/pr...rrival-ukraine

They were just not widely reporting it on their news back then.
The question is why.
Was it because this amount was too miserable comparably to all those great figures promised by Zelensky's "contracts"?
Or was it because the officials were already planning to sell these dosages on the black market?
In any case, YESTERDAY they were definitely officially celebrating the arrival of the "first shipment of Pfizer" coming to Ukraine.
And of course it's not me, that "makes up" the dire sire situation of Ukrainians during this pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhchiZVRiIo

And this very Stepanov, the Health Minister pictured here, was fired few days ago as the most convenient scapegoat by Zelensky by the way.
So whaddayaknow...

Old 05-19-2021, 06:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Russia had a little over 8000 average daily infections recorded recently. The number isn't growing so it is not out of control now is it DKM?

Work on your comprehension skills dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLaGUQUDns

Old 05-19-2021, 06:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
P.S. Oh... DKMchik.
I finally found the mentioning of those 117,000 Prizer vaccine dosages to Ukraine back in April under the Covax program.

"Today, Ukraine received the first doses of COVID-19 vaccine shipped via the COVAX Facility, an unprecedented initiative of global solidarity of different countries for global access to COVID-19 vaccines.

This is the first delivery in the framework of COVAX to Ukraine. Ukraine receives 117,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine free of charge.

Supplies of vaccines of different manufacturers within COVAX will continue and are expected to cover up to 20% of the population in Ukraine by the end of 2021.
"

https://www.unicef.org/ukraine/en/pr...rrival-ukraine

The question is why.
Was it because this amount was too miserable comparably to all those great figures promised by Zelensky's "contracts"?
Or was it because the officials were already planning to sell these dosages on the black market?
In any case, YESTERDAY they were definitely officially celebrating the arrival of the "first shipment of Pfizer" coming to Ukraine.
And of course it's not me, that "makes up" the dire sire situation of Ukrainians during this pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhchiZVRiIo

And this very Stepanov, the Health Minister pictured here, was fired few days ago as the most convenient scapegoat by Zelensky by the way.
So whaddayaknow...
I saw some videos on RFE/RL about the situation in western Ukraine. Totally scripted, and i couldn't imagine the nurse interviewed saying anything but what she did to save her own skin.

Old 05-19-2021, 08:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia had a little over 8000 average daily infections recorded recently. The number isn't growing so it is not out of control now is it DKM?

Work on your comprehension skills dude.
Because they are managing the numbers, as I mentioned (if you can read clearly). The only country in the world with a smooth line of cases is Russia if you count their official reports. It is obvious they are not giving the full count being so outside the range of waves that every other country has.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/russia/

Old 05-19-2021, 08:15 PM
DKM

Quote:

The question is why.
There is no question because I saw it on their news last month. They also received other doses. Now it is 500k and in 3 weeks another 500k. The issue in Ukraine is getting people to take the doses as I've said many times. They are still in the 65+ and essential workers zone we were in a few months ago. In 2 or 3 months they will be out of people willing to take it, much like Russia and the US is now. And like Russia they will have 20% vaccinated. Oh wait, only 10% of Russians have been vaccinated. What is their problem exactly? Then what will your propaganda complain about? No doubt blame Ze for low vaxx rates. I'm sure the drafts of the stories are already being written. But they are waiting to see if Ukraine surpasses Russia in vaccination rates first. I doubt it, both similar minded people unfortunately. One thing is for sure, lack of the Sputnik isn't the reason Ukrainians aren't getting the shots. Probably the only thing available in Donetsk for the 10 people willing to get it.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
There is no question because I saw it on their news last month. They also received other doses. Now it is 500k and in 3 weeks another 500k. The issue in Ukraine is getting people to take the doses as I've said many times. They are still in the 65+ and essential workers zone we were in a few months ago. In 2 or 3 months they will be out of people willing to take it, much like Russia and the US is now. And like Russia they will have 20% vaccinated. Oh wait, only 10% of Russians have been vaccinated. What is their problem exactly? Then what will your propaganda complain about? No doubt blame Ze for low vaxx rates. I'm sure the drafts of the stories are already being written. But they are waiting to see if Ukraine surpasses Russia in vaccination rates first. I doubt it, both similar minded people unfortunately. One thing is for sure, lack of the Sputnik isn't the reason Ukrainians aren't getting the shots. Probably the only thing available in Donetsk for the 10 people willing to get it.

No DKM, the issue was precisely the absence of vaccine in Ukraine, because there was no supply. ( 117, 000 dosages in April was a drop in the bucket, that's why I assume there was no much talk about it.)

As the result of it, they've got the latest "tzunami" ( as they've christened it themselves,) when Russia ( even with its limited amount of vaccination) already took situation under control.

Check out the difference in the daily new cases.

Ukraine

Russia

So it is what it is.

The prohibition of Sputnik V by American embassy in Kiev is directly responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths from Covid in Ukraine, without any adequate substitute.

You can repeat all you want your mantra "Russian vaccine is inadequate," but Americans really didn't have any right to make life and death decision for millions of people, strictly because of American political/financial agenda. Because that's what it was really all about.
And it's like that in EVERYTHING from what I can see.
Yes, the life in Ukraine was not the best before "Maidan," but Ukrainians were getting by.

Now with all these promises of the "new and exciting European life" even that *mediocre life* was taken away from them.

The road to hell is paved with best intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe