Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 07:04 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
An 18 year old Czech whining about more money has NO IDEA what life in Prague was like in the 80s or 90s. None at all. Czechs are right below France on the HDI. Yeah, they aren't going to be as rich as Germans but they sure aren't as poor as Ukrainians or Russians... or Bulgarians for that matter.

They were always doing better, in Czechia and Croatia the anti-eu sentiment is very strong despite the better economic conditions, makes you wonder what people really think about the eu in romania/bulgaria or lituania and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 09:03 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Aha you got me...., its the coat of arms of the kingdom of Halych-Volyn, which if memory serves me correct, its the same region these people are from. What on earth is Russia feeding you people...

I'm not from Russia so I'm not up to speed on what they consider to be nazi symbols. Where I'm from, the USA, the swastikas and the Waffen symbols are Nazi symbols. Apparently in Russia, all symbols used by anyone who was pro independence and against soviets during the war are nazis including Latvian, Finnish, Estonian, etc groups who fought under historical banners against the soviets. German soldiers used the imperial iron cross. These aren't nazi symbols outside of brainwashed Russia. Anyone who fought against soviets weren't nazis just because Stalin told your schools to tell you so. The Latvian Legion of the Waffen SS marched under the Latvian flag. Are you really saying displaying the flag of Latvia is a nazi symbol? Forgive me, I'm not from this kind of world where such a thought should be taken seriously...sometimes the stuff I read on here just reinforces why Ukrainians I know are willing to go to any lengths to keep Russians out of their future.
Don't try to play the fool...the Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of Galicia–Volhynia is this:

Not this:

Nice try....

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-30-2021 at 09:57 AM..

Old 04-30-2021, 12:33 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
yeah you're right absolutely no similarity between those two symbols. 2nd one is definitely Nazi regime, and needs to be added to the swastikas as a banned symbol.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:46 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
yeah you're right absolutely no similarity between those two symbols. 2nd one is definitely Nazi regime, and needs to be added to the swastikas as a banned symbol.
And yet it was carried out in the open yesterday on the streets of Kiev ( as much as the Nationalist Battalion Azov wears the Nazi insignia out in the open.)
Germans finally woke up it seems - at least German Ambassador in Ukraine protested against all this BS.

Old 04-30-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
They were always doing better, in Czechia and Croatia the anti-eu sentiment is very strong despite the better economic conditions, makes you wonder what people really think about the eu in romania/bulgaria or lituania and others.
Nobody cares at this point what they think.
They've been used by Americans to serve as anti-Russian instrument.
Once they've been used, their opinions of what's going on are irrelevant, and they can feel themselves deceived/duped all they want.
But whatever it is, I can tell you one thing however with certainty;
No matter how the Soviet government treated its satellites ( i.e. Eastern European countries,) never ever the Russians themselves ( i.e. as in regular people on the streets) treated Eastern Europeans with the kind of cold contempt that I observe today in EU. They were always their equals, or "the bros that came to visit" when in Russia.
So have a bit of that sobering medicine, and learn how it feels to live under the new masters that promised EEs the mounts of gold, since you didn't like the old masters so much.

Last edited by erasure; 04-30-2021 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-30-2021, 03:38 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And yet it was carried out in the open yesterday on the streets of Kiev ( as much as the Nationalist Battalion Azov wears the Nazi insignia out in the open.)
Germans finally woke up it seems - at least German Ambassador in Ukraine protested against all this BS.
I was joking, obviously. Those are the same coat of arms.

But I get it, they are clearly trolling Russian paranoia because this march was clearly in support of this military movement which sided with Germany against communism. That's their right but it is clearly wrong to do this kind of parade and in my opinion it should not be permitted in public. Apparently Ze agrees with me and not only condemned it but demands it be prevented from happening again.

Old 04-30-2021, 03:50 PM
DKM

Italian company AVIO placed an order for 10 more Ukrainian rocket engines from Yuzhmash. The European Space Agency joint project has contracted with the Dnipro company to build engines for the upper stage (called the AVUM) of their Vega rockets. That is the company that used to make soviet ICBM engines now has another European customer.

The AVUM with the engine being installed:

The AVUM on top of the Vega:

Where is Turist to tell us that Ukrainian companies cannot survive without Russian contracts?

Old 04-30-2021, 10:27 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Italian company AVIO placed an order for 10 more Ukrainian rocket engines from Yuzhmash. The European Space Agency joint project has contracted with the Dnipro company to build engines for the upper stage (called the AVUM) of their Vega rockets. That is the company that used to make soviet ICBM engines now has another European customer.

The AVUM with the engine being installed:

The AVUM on top of the Vega:

Where is Turist to tell us that Ukrainian companies cannot survive without Russian contracts?
Quote:
The Ukrainian design bureau Yuzhnoye, Yuzhmash and the Italian company AVIO S. p. A have agreed on additional deliveries of 10 engines for the Vega launch vehicle for a total of almost €6 million.

Yuzhnoye Design Bureau and the Southern Machine-Building Plant have been cooperating with the Italian company AVIO S. p.A. under the Vega program since 2004.
Since then, 20 main engine units have been manufactured and delivered to AVIO S. p.A., the last of which will be delivered in early 2021.
The current contract for the supply of 11 units of the main engine is designed until 2023: seven units have already been delivered under it
Yes, 6 million euros, this is the amount.For one person, this is good, but for a factory, it is nothing at all. Judging by the cost of one engine of 600,000 (six hundred thousand) euros, the plant has earned as much as 18 million euros in 15 years. The factory, not the people, is not profit,it is revenue. We'll subtract materials, we'll subtract taxes, we'll subtract expenses.. I wonder if there is anything left for people's salaries?

Old 04-30-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I was joking, obviously. Those are the same coat of arms.

But I get it, they are clearly trolling Russian paranoia because this march was clearly in support of this military movement which sided with Germany against communism.
Sure-sure.
This "siding with Germany against Communism" however meant THIS

http://www.deathcamps.org/occupation/pic/biglvov3.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cjYlp400S...groms-1941.jpg

It was all part of the "fight with Communism" you see..

( Oh, do you recognize the familiar embroidered folk outfits on men that are so popular again today among the Ukrainian nationalists? In general, people don't realize that the most shocking Holocaust images are coming from none other but Ukraine, where the Western Ukrainians in particular from that Galicia region were the active participants of it.
And that's why that original Galician coat of arms, slightly tweaked and used for the identification of the SS Division "Galicia," points at the origin of this division, the land where it came from, and should be treated as such - the Nazi symbol. )

The secrets of Ukraine's shameful "holocaust of bullets." ( Warning - graphic content.)
And this;

http://gomgal.lviv.ua/NewsFoto/BabiyYar.jpg

"The massacre was the largest mass killing under the auspices of the Nazi regime and its collaborators during its campaign against the Soviet Union[4] and has been called "the largest single massacre in the history of the Holocaust" to that particular date,[5]"

And ironically, it all took place in Babyi Yar only a few kilometers away from Kiev, where the nazi parade of the new generation took place just yesterday.

Quote:
That's their right but it is clearly wrong to do this kind of parade and in my opinion it should not be permitted in public. Apparently Ze agrees with me and not only condemned it but demands it be prevented from happening again.

No it's not "wrong" DKM, because it shows how far this disease has spread like cancer from its native Galicia to the rest of Ukraine during the last five years.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
DKM. Now that the subject is up again why don't we create a new nation. Make Galicia once more? It was essentially its own nation in the past.

We could solve a lot of problems this way don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe