Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 09:16 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Sputnik was delivered "timely" to Argentina only to watch them get hit with a big 3rd wave anyway, which is really getting bad right now.

"Argentina has had 2.5 million cases with more than 58,000 deaths from the coronavirus outbreak. The vaccination campaign, which began on 29 December, is proceeding slowly.
According to the Pan-American Health Organisation, as of last Monday, some 4.9 million doses have been administered, covering 10 per cent of the total population. Russia’s Sputnik V was given to 3.2 million people (65 per cent) with Sinopharm to just over a million (21 per cent)."

That's nowhere to be sufficient to prevent the new wave of pandemic among the 45 million population.
Numbers matter.

"Docena is one of the authors of the first study outside Russia on Sputnik. Based on a sample of 288 Argentinians, 94 per cent of vaccinated people developed the expected antibodies 21 days after the first jab."

ARGENTINA – CHINA Doubts in Argentina about the effectiveness of Chinese anti-COVID vaccines

So Sputnik works as intended from what I see here, which doesn't support yet again your propaganda case.

Quote:
Seems Ukrainians are better off wait a bit to get the better vaccine this spring and summer, than to get Sputnik which doesn't work very well. They are doing better than Sputnik supplied Argentina, that is sadly true.
No they are not.

And what they get of this "better vaccine," is still a drop in a bucket ( which judging by what's going on in Argentina) is not resolving the situation.

Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are expected to go back to their servant jobs in EU, ( the money that they send back to families are included in Ukrainian GDP.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 03:47 PM

2,215 posts, read 1,323,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well the first Pfizer portion landed today in Ukraine, the whopping 117, 000 dosages of it, under the Covax

world program.

That's what their news are trumpeting about.

At that, they are saying that some necessary component was not loaded on that plane that landed in Kiev today, so they can't start vaccinating people yet, until that component will be shipped to them as well.
Since from what I hear, the death toll over there is higher than in India ( in ratio terms,) these 117,000 dosages are at least something I'd say, even if it's a far cry from "two million" that their government kept on trumpeting about a month ago, as part of some magic "contract."
I do find it outrageous that US government prohibited Ukrainians to produce Russian Sputnik V, without providing Ukraine with any alternative, which left too many people dead, with the shortage of oxygen and other medical supplies in the country.

If some were considering Sputnik V as political weapon, and would prefer to end up dead rather than to use anything "Russian made" - that's fine, but other people at least would have a choice.

Sputnik V is among the top performers.

Finally we have important data that shows that neutralizing antibody levels are highly predictive of protection from symptomatic COVID.
May 21, 2021
https://twitter.com/vincentrk/status...23912256839680

Safety and efficasy of rAd26-S and rAd5-S Vector-Based COVID-19 Vaccine
Published:February 02, 2021
A heterologous recombinant adenovirus (rAd)-based vaccine, Gam-COVID-Vac (Sputnik V), showed a good safety profile and induced strong humoral and cellular immune responses in participants in phase 1/2 clinical trials. Here, we report preliminary results on the efficacy and safety of Gam-COVID-Vac from the interim analysis of this phase 3 trial.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...234-8/fulltext
Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-covid-19_vaccines_moderna-best_2.jpg  

Old 05-29-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Sputnik V is among the top performers.

Finally we have important data that shows that neutralizing antibody levels are highly predictive of protection from symptomatic COVID.
May 21, 2021
https://twitter.com/vincentrk/status...23912256839680

Safety and efficasy of rAd26-S and rAd5-S Vector-Based COVID-19 Vaccine
Published:February 02, 2021
A heterologous recombinant adenovirus (rAd)-based vaccine, Gam-COVID-Vac (Sputnik V), showed a good safety profile and induced strong humoral and cellular immune responses in participants in phase 1/2 clinical trials. Here, we report preliminary results on the efficacy and safety of Gam-COVID-Vac from the interim analysis of this phase 3 trial.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...234-8/fulltext

As I was suspecting already for long time, that is was yet another "Kalashnikov" rifle.

And it has nothing to do with how many Russians want ( or don't want) to get a shot.

It still works just fine, and is less risky ( when it comes to possible side effects) than more advanced Western vaccines.

That's my opinion at least, after I listened to the interview with certain military epidemiologist, who sounded very qualified, when he was talking on a subject.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:15 PM

In other news...
Ukraine keeps on pushing the escalation of hostilities with Belorussia, "ahead of the whole planet" as the Russian proverb has it.
If earlier Belorussia was trying to keep peace with Ukraine, trying to be as neutral as possible in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia, it all might change now.

Earlier, Lukashenko was arresting not only Belorussian citizens that were fighting in Donbass on the Ukrainian nationalists side, but the ones that were fighting on LDNR side as well. ( That's why a lot of Russians fighting on that side were holding a grudge against Lukashenko.)
He was not officially recognizing Crimea as part of Russia as well.

But it all might change now, when the West pushed Belorussia in the arms of Moscow.

( Not to mention that Ukraine is shooting itself in the leg, when it comes to economic ties with Belorussia.)
And what's even worse - by now Ukrainians realized that Belorussian border is much closer to Kiev than Russian border ever was, and overall there is no border to speak of. Nothing to prevent the potential *invasion.*

So jump to the action, quick - now the Ukrs need not only to surround their country with the wall to cut themselves off from Russia, but from Belorussia too.

Oh, and they need to prohibit the import of the Belorussian energy now too; because "Belorussia forced us to make this decision."

But wait, that's not the end of it. ( at 16:31)

Where is Kazakhstan in this picture?

Kazakhstan, that acts in unison with Russia, and has close economic ties with it?

This can't skip Ukraine's attention, so lets puke in their general direction, and the hell with Ukrainian business that flourishes there)))

We are merging with Europe anyways, EU is our future)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ1Hivc-2_M

Old 05-29-2021, 06:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Erasure. I hope you're following the Russia China thing. We will see the greatest power in human history in the not to distant future.

Ukraine is on the wrong side of history.

Old 05-31-2021, 01:36 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times

If there were more such friends, then there would be no need for enemies!

Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

If there were more such friends, then there would be no need for enemies!
It just goes to show you that Ukraine is a fake nation. You can't just draw lines on a map and call the lands therein a country. You need to consider a dozen different factors such as ethnic make up and economics.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Erasure. I hope you're following the Russia China thing. We will see the greatest power in human history in the not to distant future.

Ukraine is on the wrong side of history.

No I don't any longer ( in details that is.)
I already know the bottom line; all these attempts of the West ( and American democrats in particular) to talk to Russia from position of power, all these arrogant talks a la "Russia must behave the way we see it fit or else," only forged close Russia-China union, which was quite predictable.

Yes, these are bad news for America ( which is behind nurturing and raising this "Chinese dragon" to begin with,) but am I happy to see this "greatest power in history," this unholy union?
Absolutely not.

I expressed my opinion about China over and over again - I don't trust this country, I don't trust its mentality. I wouldn't want to live in such country even more so than in Putin's Russia.

And if in Russia's case it's all about government and not culture per se, then I have even bigger reservations about China in this respect.

To put it on more *sophisticated level* - the bear can be a vicious and dangerous animal when provoked, but for the most part it peacefully roams in his forest and minds his own business.

Plus it has its own charm and cuteness ( at least when young.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95NxRFExK0E

But I am yet to see cute little dragons.

Remove four legs from the symbolic *Chinese Dragon* and you will recognize a snake.

Last edited by erasure; 05-31-2021 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-31-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No I don't any longer ( in details that is.)
I already know the bottom line; all these attempts of the West ( and American democrats in particular) to talk to Russia from position of power, all these arrogant talks a la "Russia must behave the way we see it fit or else," only forged close Russia-China union, which was quite predictable.

Yes, these are bad news for America ( which is behind nurturing and raising this "Chinese dragon" to begin with,) but am I happy to see this "greatest power in history," this unholy union?
Absolutely not.

I expressed my opinion about China over and over again - I don't trust this country, I don't trust its mentality. I wouldn't want to live in such country even more so than in Putin's Russia.

And if in Russia's case it's all about government and not culture per se, then I have even bigger reservations about China in this respect.

To put it on more *sophisticated level* - the bear can be a vicious and dangerous animal when provoked, but for the most part it peacefully roams in his forest and minds his own business.

Plus it has its own charm and cuteness ( at least when young.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95NxRFExK0E

But I am yet to see cute little dragons.

Remove four legs from the symbolic *Chinese Dragon* and you will recognize a snake.
It just depends on your conditioning. Some people are intrigued by Dragons and love them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IH3iDogzYk

Like them or not the Chinese are forward thinkers.

I assure you, I have my apprehensions about them.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It just depends on your conditioning. Some people are intrigued by Dragons and love them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IH3iDogzYk

By all means.

I am not one of them, and I am not thrilled by the sight of the flying lizard.

Quote:
Like them or not the Chinese are forward thinkers.
Let's put it this way - they have their own outlook on the world and their own philosophy.

I am not interested in either one.

Quote:
I assure you, I have my apprehensions about them.
Then I don't understand your excitement about this "greatest power in human history."

I personally see nothing "great" about it.

Instrumental ( as in controlling America)?

Yes.

Great?
Definitely not.

Last edited by erasure; 05-31-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe