Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2021, 04:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. See the US government is sending Zelensky a signal, that he must get busy with purging oligarchs, but the trick here is to purge the *wrong kind* of oligarchs, someone like Kolomoysky and Medvedchuk. ( Have no idea whether the latter one is truly an oligarch or not.)
But someone like Poroshenko, Pinchuk or Akhmetov shouldn't be touched, and neither their financial interests.
I think it may be something more sinister. I think the people behind this are going for everything. Correct me if I am wrong but Ukraines politicians either are businessmen or on the payroll of businessmen.

Ukraine to this day does about 9.9 billion a year in business with Ukraine. This involves certain Ukrainian "interests" in a very big way and "interests" in the EU and America. I think the people on that list have close ties to Russia. I think certain interests want them gone. They want the whole of Ukraine to exploit for themselves.

Do you think those 61 powerful businessmen are going to just walk away? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 05:17 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think it may be something more sinister. I think the people behind this are going for everything. Correct me if I am wrong but Ukraines politicians either are businessmen or on the payroll of businessmen.

Ukraine to this day does about 9.9 billion a year in business with Ukraine. This involves certain Ukrainian "interests" in a very big way and "interests" in the EU and America. I think the people on that list have close ties to Russia. I think certain interests want them gone. They want the whole of Ukraine to exploit for themselves.

Do you think those 61 powerful businessmen are going to just walk away? I don't think so.

Judging by the very cautious reaction of Zelensky government regarding those 61 people ( they are planning to "check on these people" with US, plus "check with the EU partners",) they already suspect that these "sanctions" might be more than they bargained for. ( I.e. Americans might be targeting the "wrong people" in Ukrainian government's understanding, and not just the ones they are trying to get rid of themselves.)

https://www.unn.com.ua/ru/news/19288...rayintsiv-rnbo

That Kolomoysky and his family were marked for destruction - that was more or less expected.
Blinken pointed at them as the first target already, with "confirmed information" of Kolomoysky's "involvement in corruption when he was the governor of Denepropetrovsk region back in 2014-2015."
( Amazingly enough, Blinken still doesn't have the "confirmed information" on Poroshenko - not at all. What a mystery))) )
So yeah...

We know about Kolomoysky by now, but not about the rest, since Derkach's people ( plus Dubinsky) were already sanctioned back in February.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:12 PM

More juicy bits. Let's see though. I would not be surprised at all if hacking Ukraine away from Russia completely is the goal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-M1mUcmPk

Old 05-16-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
More juicy bits. Let's see though. I would not be surprised at all if hacking Ukraine away from Russia completely is the goal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-M1mUcmPk

He ( Mercouris that is) keeps on repeating that the West keeps total silence on these events, but it's actually not true ( from what I hear on Russian news.)
Americans actually encourage these events, starting from the closure of the opposition channels to these latest sanctions on Medvedchuk.

According to the "60 minutes," a "day after Ukrainian court brought official charges against Medvedchuk, Philip Reeker, the Acting Assistant Secretary of State in the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, said that "the US greet Ukrainian sanctions against the pro-Russian forces in Ukraine. We greeted back in February the sanctions used by Ukraine against pro-Russian officials, who worked to undermine Ukrainian progress in reforms and establishment of democratic institutions. It helps to protect the reforms, to move them forward, and to resist the ill influence within the governing body of Ukraine."

So obviously the US gov. observes it all and applauding to it all - it simply doesn't make it public in the media. ( I had to look up who the heck this Philip Reeker is; these are all the same people, apparently well-connected with each other in the State Department, that work behind the scene on these matters.
So I checked, and sure enough -

"On Saturday, October 26, 2019 Reeker testified behind closed doors before several House Committees of US Congress in the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump and the Trump-Ukraine scandal. Investigators questioned the "high-ranking State Department official" regarding his knowledge of an apparent "shadow" foreign policy undertaking designed to pressure Ukraine for President Trump's personal political benefit.[5][6] Reeker testified that he did not know about a quid pro quo, or the Trump administration's alleged efforts to pressure Ukraine to initiate or launch an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden until the public announcement of the whistleblower complaint.[7] However, Reeker said he was involved with the effort to put out an internal statement in support of former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was ousted based on allegedly false allegations.[8][9]"

So yeah... You know nothing, yet you are absolutely positive that Yovanovich is not guilty as charged.

Mhm, I see.

(Overall the Russians are saying that Zelensky gov. got the green light for all these charges against Medvedchuk after Blinken's visit to Kiev recently.)

But then Mercouris is correct that Ukraine is turning into the Russian anti pod, employing Putin's tactics while dealing with the opposition.
And US State department is applauding to that ( not to mention the bleating idiots within Ukraine.)
The only problem I see with this scenario, is that Russia is still the sovereign state.

Ukraine is nothing more than the anti-Russian project, run from elsewhere and is a weak link here, as much as they are trying to posture.

Medvedchuk is holding up well, with a lot of calmness and dignity. ( Zelensky was hoping that he'd force him out of the country, so his media was already trumpeting that he "escaped to Russia," thus proving the trumped "state treason" charges. )

I think overall the "pro-Russian forces" in Ukraine feel Moscow's support already at this point, after Russia changed its attitude towards Donbass and makes it more and more clear. ( Putin pretends he never made a mistake in the first place, BUT...)

Interestingly enough, former MP, now sanctioned by the US and thus expelled from Zelensky's "Servant of the People" party as the result of it, Alexander Dubinsky thinks that this whole latest ordeal with Medvedchuk is orchestrated by Zelensky with a purpose to make the main "opposition figure" out of him; the person that will directly run against him in the next presidential election.

And once Americans will realize this kind of alternative ( to Zelensky,) they would throw their support behind him. Which is what Zelensky needs, since his future becomes more and more uncertain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmJHJNCVR0

Last edited by erasure; 05-16-2021 at 10:20 PM..

Old 05-17-2021, 01:34 PM

OK, am listening to today's Russian "60 minutes."
The news of the day - "Make Donbass Q eer."

I kid you not.

According to Russians, Biden personally advised Kiev to send gay parades to Donbass in order to "integrate it into European values." Or something like that.
So the columns of the... LGBT community will be sent to Eastern part of Ukraine from Kiev, to represent the aforementioned "European values" and more successful "reintegration of Donbass." I think.

I can't find any confirmation so far, that it was personal Biden's advise, ( you won't find on Google the mentioning of any of these events at all,) but twitter of KievPride definitely says on May 10th, that the "realization of the project became possible thanks to the wide support of American people and USAID Ukraine." ( I guess the recent gay parade in Kiev?)

Well whatever it is, someone in Russian studio mentioned that there are mass protests of miners going on in Donbass now, whose salaries were not paid by the Kiev government, and if that's what Kiev is sending them instead, then the problem might take care of itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eeste0wZo

But that's not the end of the news.

Since the bleating idiots in Ukraine couldn't scare Medvedchuk enough, to force him to leave the country, now they are coming up with plan "B," hoping to arrest him for the hell of it, and to "exchange him for Ukrainian patriots that sit in the Russian prisons."

What "patriots" that would be, they are not completely sure yet.

With that being said, all this circus finally got Putin's attention, and he basically said that with $9.9 billion in business per year between Ukraine and the "Russian aggressor," he will start naming names of Ukrainian officials who are directly involved in business deals with Russia, ( since that's what Medvedchuk is officially accused of.)

So Putin finally starts realizing by now, what a menace this American puppet (i.e. "free and democratic Ukraine") really is, all while Strelkov is having a nice day, discussing the possible points of upcoming attacks on LDNR by the Ukrainian troops.

It's like "I told you so seven years ago, but go ahead, negotiate with your "Western partners" yet another "Minsk 3" or "Minsk 4" and see what will come out of it yet again, while Ukrainian troops will be rolling over LDNR."

So he is basically sending his " best regards" directly to Putin now, yeah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ENcA3KD5Q

Last edited by erasure; 05-17-2021 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-17-2021, 01:50 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK, am listening to today's Russian "60 minutes."

According to Russians
At least you preface your nonsense with a warning that it will be full of lies.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
At least you preface your nonsense with a warning that it will be full of lies.

That's what I think ( or rather hope) that they are making things up, but to my horror they are NOT.

Here is the proof yet again that the project "Let's make Donbass Q eer" is indeed supported with the US help and with American money.

https://twitter.com/KyivPride/status...53087916855320

That's exactly what KievPride is stating here.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:01 PM

P.S. I thought that Russians were making things up too, when they were talking about the "first openly gay crew in US army."
But lo and behold, I checked, and...

"History was made on Friday with the first ever all gay US Navy helicopter crew."

Old 05-17-2021, 02:50 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,846,281 times
I’ve just read the last page and I don’t think I know what is happening. It definitely wasn’t what I thought it would be.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I’ve just read the last page and I don’t think I know what is happening. It definitely wasn’t what I thought it would be.
You're not making any sense either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe