Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2022, 12:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,428,938 times

Advertisements

Oh come, where did all the European users go? Do they no longer exist?

All we got so far are the usual suspects (Scrat, erasure, and euro123). I want to hear from some western Europeans. Let the French, German, or Nordic people explain. The EU supports a free democratic Ukraine, just tell me what these red/black stuff are. Pretty please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 12:35 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I quite honestly was surprised to see THIS recently - ( that's an incident that took place in Slovakia's parliament, over the American military bases there, that now are going to be used to "protect Ukraine ( and whoever else) from the "Russian aggression.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiG0Rbt5SI

What it looks to me is that the whole "Ukrainian affair" creates a big division in Europe, to make the long story short.

Lol! I had to looked this up since the video is funny, someone from Slovakia explains it's actually funnier:

"I'am from Slovakia. This conflict began due to Slovakia's defense agreement with the USA. The two guys who held the Slovak flag are from nationalist party. They protested against this agreement with the USA. And those who held the Ukrainian flag, so they wanted to express support for Ukraine, even though the flag was the opposite."

So they are "supporting" it by holding the flag upside down and for no reason since Slovakia has to do something with Ukraine...because?

Old 02-13-2022, 01:13 PM

61,681 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
People simply don't know and don't care to know.
I think people do know what they mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The EU supports a free democratic Ukraine, just tell me what these red/black stuff are. Pretty please?
You already asked on PoC and you got your answer:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukra...Insurgent_Army

Old 02-13-2022, 01:13 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
If her analysis is correct though, which it might well be, then Russia would be silly to invade Ukraine as you'd be giving the U.S. military-industrial complex exactly what they want. A new Cold War that they can use to justify spending trillions on new weapons, troops in Eastern Europe etc.

And that's exactly what I hear coming from Moscow now, after the last Biden-Putin telephone conversation;
"Moscow doesn't understand why the US passes to the media a priory false information on the Russia's invasion of Ukraine"

Yriy Ushakov, presidential aid;

"The facts are that Americans are artificially whipping up hysteria around an alleged Russian plans for the invasion, even providing the dates of such an invasion, but simultaneously boosts Ukraine’s military muscle, earmarking huge financial resources to modernize the Ukrainian army and increasing the number of military instructors being deployed there," he said, TASS reported.
"Conditions are being created for the Ukrainian armed forces to take provocative actions amid allegations about an ‘invasion’. This is how we view the situation," he pointed out.

https://www.farsnews.ir/en/news/1400...ng-Ukraine-wih

And what I bolded in blue, brings us precisely back to the square one, to Donbass question ( LDNR,) where the situation is very tense, and where Russia expects the upcoming provocation, of which Biden might be very much aware, that it's in the plan.

According to Pushilin, ( head of the DNR,) Ukraine brought about 150,000 troops to the border of the LDNR, and that "Polish and British mercenaries are present there."
Putin as well noted that "the West is not doing enough to force Kiev to fulfill Minsk agreement."

So yes, LDNR remains that "hot button" in unfolding situation and Blinken is saying about the "possible provocations" there too, only hinting that they will come from the Russian side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FplpOW5iL1M

Old 02-13-2022, 01:26 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I want to hear from some western Europeans.

Better yet : don't you dare ask what Ukrainians think about Ukraine! It's up to western europeans to decide...lmao I can't even type this with a straight face (Scrat is also an American I think...).

Old 02-13-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Elnina, here is a problem with this *simplistic explanation.*

Obviously, the "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" doesn't exist in Ukraine any longer.
But the banner of these Nazi collaborators now is picked up ( and used) by the ultra-right Nationalist organization "Right Sector" which ( in close cooperation with the Nationalist Battalions, the likes of Azov) are organizing all these rallies and generally-speaking run the country behind the scene.

But no one in the West is questioning these things, thanks to the Western media and American propaganda machine, as I've already said.

Here they are again, out in the open on CBS and Fox News alike, and not a single question asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1eS_zJbxw&t=65s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNDLPY1TIk

So no Elnina, "people" clearly don't know what this is all about.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:58 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,428,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's a leading question elnina.

What is it that the media is not pointing out in these rallies they broadcast. Europeans and Americans should want to know. Questions can lead to uncomfortably places.

Old 02-13-2022, 02:51 PM

108 posts, read 87,410 times
Putin won't do anything. He knows better. He knows that even if launching a military invasion of Ukraine would be successful initially, Russia would open a pandora box that could have catastrophic consequences for Russia and Russians. The West won't have to fire a single shot for that. Excluded from international financial markets, Russia and Putin would collapse in a matter of weeks. Putin is well aware of that. He knows that he his threats are capable of giving him some leverage.

Old 02-13-2022, 03:11 PM

I am carefully looking at all the latest material laid out in front of me, putting 2 and 2 together, and this is what I am getting again and again.

So.. Moscow is asking "why the US is sending false information to its media, the exact possible dates of the "Russian invasion" including?"

The official bottom line of Washington - "Because you amassed the troops on the border with Ukraine."
(But at the same time, not a word about the amassing of UKRAINIAN troops on the border of the LDNR, backed by Russia.)

Next; the very same Antony Blinken, who recently was saying that

"US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Monday that the United States and Ukraine are "united" in supporting the Minsk agreements as the way forward to resolve the conflict. But he also hinted that the agreement alone isn't a one-stop solution, highlighting the challenges that the agreement presents.
"Minsk does not spell out some issues of sequencing when it comes to the steps that the parties need to take," Blinken said, adding: "Ukraine's been approaching this in good faith. We have not to date seen Russia do the same." (detailed explanations of his statement are in this post)

proceeds now with THIS

"US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has asserted that Russia allegedly may use a provocation in order to justify "military action" with regards to Ukraine. This version was expressed by the US top diplomat at a press conference in Honolulu. "No one should be surprised if Russia instigates a provocation or incident which it then uses to justify military action it had planned all along," he said following a trilateral meeting with his South Korean and Japanese counterparts."

And if this is not enough, here it comes again, from one of the US Generals ( a former military, but this still goes on the record; at 1:38 here)
"I still think it's unlikely that the full out invasion to occupy all of Ukraine it would be quite a stretch for him... so it would be unlikely.. A PARTIAL OCCUPATION OF UKRAINE - YES."

.."The Pentagon and intel service is telling us that when the operation begins, it will be likely with unconventional forces, a false flag operation, which would justify provoking a military invasion to stabilize the situation"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNDLPY1TIk&t=164s

So they are both talking about some "false flag operation," while removing the staff from the embassy and passing a word to the air insurance companies, all while Russians keep on saying "why are you spreading the false information about our "imminent attack" and "why don't you press Kiev to fulfill the Minsk agreement," particularly when Macron already broke the 7 year silence blockade around Donbass,( by which he brought the fury of Washington and "allies.")?

And if to add to that the recent statement of D.Kosak after Minsk agreement negotiations in Berlin a day ago, regarding that NATO instruction to "prolong the negotiations as much as possible, making them impassible"..

So what do you all think?

Things that make you go hmmm...

Last edited by erasure; 02-13-2022 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-13-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypeeto69 View Post
Putin won't do anything. He knows better. He knows that even if launching a military invasion of Ukraine would be successful initially, Russia would open a pandora box that could have catastrophic consequences for Russia and Russians. The West won't have to fire a single shot for that. Excluded from international financial markets, Russia and Putin would collapse in a matter of weeks. Putin is well aware of that. He knows that he his threats are capable of giving him some leverage.

EXCEPT for if the LDNR is attacked.

In this case he won't be able to avoid the military confrontation.
And if that's what US government wants, while loading Ukraine with weapons and moving Americans out, then this would be a button to push, if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe