Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 07:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

When the pizza hit my wall all I could devine from the patterns splattered there was a window spanning the 3rd week of February.

From what I can see and all practical aspects considered there will not be a better opportunity.

Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 08:24 AM

7,334 posts, read 4,127,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Wherever if it is the Democrats or Republicans in power, it will not help Ukraine. As after all it was George W Bush that supported Ukraine against Russia in the first place and supported the expansion of NATO there.
The Ukraine Revolution was in 2014 - under President Obama.

The 1st president Bush said NATO wouldn't expand when the Soviet Union fell. President Clinton reversed that policy stating the Ukraine join NATO. President Bush followed President Clinton's policy but didn't act on it.

Germany, France and the rest of EU doesn't see the need for Ukraine in NATO and doesn't want military action.

This is an entirely US reaction.

The timing of this crisis which is dubious.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:56 AM

1,651 posts, read 866,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Biden "F" up Afghanistan so very badly. It's was as bad as Vietnam. Just shameful.

The Democrats are up against the mid-term elections.

The Democrats internal polling shows a huge win for the Republicans.

The Democrats change Americans view of Biden.

This whole Russia/Ukraine chaos is:

1) To prove Biden is not a doddering old fool.

2) To prove Biden is a decisive world leader.

3) To make American voters forget the shame over the withdrawal of Afghanistan.

If you believe this gin-up crap over an invasion of the Ukraine, you are being played big time.
You lost me after stating Biden F***** up Afghanistan. How about every U.S. president F***** Afghanistan starting with the man that shouldn't have ever invaded in the first place, George W Bush, and he was a Republican. Biden inherited a withdrawal from Donald Trump a Republican.

I see the Ukraine issue as a power struggle. The U.S. and other Western powers are trying to rely upon the same tactics they have used since the late 1800s, containment. The difference is Russia called their bluff. It sucks for Ukraine but similar to Taiwan they are being used as a pun in a proxy war.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:02 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
I think Putin got cold feet, or maybe just not in the mood for killing thousands of people.
Anything Russia does has a great cost attached to it. Attack and it will cost lives and treasure. If they don't attack then it will be seen as weakness and the pressure will mount and so will the expenses Russia will have to pay to defend itself.

The only thing I can see going forward is Europe coming to its senses and understanding who is causing the problem. I don't think that will happen. There are warped minds aplenty in the West and they rule the roost and what is even worse is that they will not see any of the consequences of their acts.

If I were Putin this problem would have been solved back in 2014/2015. Currently I think Russia is making a grave error by not acting. Why? In the not too distant future there most likely will be a lot of firepower in the eastern Ukraine. Aimed at Russia.

Recently western powers have moved their governmental offices to Lvov from Kiev. In Kiev they're extremely vulnerable. Theoretically a Russian air assault from the Bryanck area to Kiev could be done in 30 minutes. I would say in 45 minutes to an hour Russian Spetnaz could be blowing the doors to the Rada.

Going forward I think NATO intends to turn the Ukraine from the Dneipre river east into a giant military base. There's infrastructure going up as we speak and not just Odessa and Mariupol. Poltava has a huge project which will be a forwards logistics area and it spans several hundred square miles in area.

The Western MIC will not give up this cash cow. They make money either way and will only be defeated if peace were to be found and we all know that will never happen.

Putin and co are wrong not to take precautions by taking Ukraine at least up to the Dneipre. Russia needs distance between its heartland and the West. Dominate the east European plains or be dominated. It has always been this way and with the nutters of the west in power, it always will be.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:56 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
I think Putin got cold feet, or maybe just not in the mood for killing thousands of people.

That's the catch and you're on the loosing side, I mean: people may or may not be in the mood but you know what's always in the mood to kill? Russian weather. Just ask napoleon/hitler and hope your very old leader doesn't repeat their mistake.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Going forward I think NATO intends to turn the Ukraine from the Dneipre river...

It's very likely for nato "ukraine" to do what Hitler did with Poland: claimed that Poland had attacked first.

It seems like some people westwards in the globe want this to happen so much to a point they'll lie shamelessly to claim a defence after a staged "attack".

edit: https://www.deseret.com/2014/9/3/205...-start-of-wwii

To elobarote: Ukraine may not attack Russia since they know they loose immediately, but lie that Russia had attacked and then invade Crimea and try to take it back.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:12 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Anything Russia does has a great cost attached to it. Attack and it will cost lives and treasure. If they don't attack then it will be seen as weakness and the pressure will mount and so will the expenses Russia will have to pay to defend itself.

The only thing I can see going forward is Europe coming to its senses and understanding who is causing the problem. I don't think that will happen. There are warped minds aplenty in the West and they rule the roost and what is even worse is that they will not see any of the consequences of their acts.

If I were Putin this problem would have been solved back in 2014/2015. Currently I think Russia is making a grave error by not acting. Why? In the not too distant future there most likely will be a lot of firepower in the eastern Ukraine. Aimed at Russia.

Recently western powers have moved their governmental offices to Lvov from Kiev. In Kiev they're extremely vulnerable. Theoretically a Russian air assault from the Bryanck area to Kiev could be done in 30 minutes. I would say in 45 minutes to an hour Russian Spetnaz could be blowing the doors to the Rada.

Going forward I think NATO intends to turn the Ukraine from the Dneipre river east into a giant military base. There's infrastructure going up as we speak and not just Odessa and Mariupol. Poltava has a huge project which will be a forwards logistics area and it spans several hundred square miles in area.

The Western MIC will not give up this cash cow. They make money either way and will only be defeated if peace were to be found and we all know that will never happen.

Putin and co are wrong not to take precautions by taking Ukraine at least up to the Dneipre. Russia needs distance between its heartland and the West. Dominate the east European plains or be dominated. It has always been this way and with the nutters of the west in power, it always will be.

Scrat, situation - the way it's seeing from INSIDE of Russia is totally different than when the Westerners see it from outside. ( And that's how Western media WANTS IT TO BE, reporting only certain things and not reporting other.)
But now Ukrainian troops are bombarding the LDNR border with all kinds of artillery - at least along the 9 settlements/villages.

They move fresh troops towards Mariupol direction as well.

The LDNR is allowed to respond this time around.

So there MIGHT BE so-called "Russian invasion" after all, and that's why ( since ukrs are plannning their attacks on the LDNR by approximate date, the American government *knows* the approximate dates of the "Russian attack on Ukraine."
I am watching the news now.

Last edited by erasure; 02-17-2022 at 10:32 AM..

Old 02-17-2022, 10:56 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
It's very likely for nato "ukraine" to do what Hitler did with Poland: claimed that Poland had attacked first.

It seems like some people westwards in the globe want this to happen so much to a point they'll lie shamelessly to claim a defence after a staged "attack".

edit: https://www.deseret.com/2014/9/3/205...-start-of-wwii

To elobarote: Ukraine may not attack Russia since they know they loose immediately, but lie that Russia had attacked and then invade Crimea and try to take it back.
That sounds like projection. Russia is more likely to use a false flag operation than puny Ukraine. NATO will never be directly involved in a war.

False-Flag Invasions Are a Russian Specialty

Soviet/Russian false flag invasions:

Hungary - 1956
Czechoslovakia - 1968
Afghanistan - 1979

Old 02-17-2022, 11:10 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
And again - this is something that Western media will not report most likely.

The central part of Kiev is shut down - there is a big rally going on of the small business owners.

By the sound of it - it's mostly South-East protesting.

The deputy ( not sure the name) who is in the midst of the protest, is saying that within the last few weeks 30,000 small businesses have been closed ( I assume across Ukraine, because he is not saying where exactly.)
Surprise-surprise, no banners of Azov nationalists or red/black banners of the Right Sector are seen at THIS rally (I spotted one, but it looks like it's on the OPPOSITE side from the protesters.)

( The banner that you see here says "Zelensky, don't kill small business. Small business is the base of Ukraine's security." )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SopI3KAcaiw

Zelensky is nowhere to be found - he is on the LDNR border, where ( by the look of it yet again) the staged shelling of the day care by Ukrainian troops took place on Ukraine-controlled territory.
The OSCE is leaving the area all together, stating that they didn't see any genocide in Donbass that Russian government is talking about.

So yes, they are leaving, which might indicate that they are expecting further escalation of the military actions, receiving their information from the Ukrainian troops.

(It's a well-known fact by now that OSCE was cozying up to them for long time.)

Old 02-17-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
That sounds like projection. Russia is more likely to use a false flag operation than puny Ukraine. NATO will never be directly involved in a war.

False-Flag Invasions Are a Russian Specialty

Soviet/Russian false flag invasions:

Hungary - 1956
Czechoslovakia - 1968
Afghanistan - 1979

History is written by the victor you know, it's like the hilarious "debate" by americans if Hiroshima was a war crime or maybe it wasn't lol.

The reality now matters: and the reality is that no one had asked eastern europe if they want ot be part of nato, there were no referendums at least in my country we got "joined" to it. In another country: Romania, I remember reading how america had invested 60 millions usd for bases. Why? Given the corruption in Romania and America I think the answer is evident and it has something to do with money laundering and useless drills against "russian aggression".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe