Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 12:44 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Ukrainian troops keep on bombarding the LDNR across the whole front line, the evacuation of women in children to Rostov region continues.

To the question of the reporter in one of the affected villages "are you going to leave" ( at 6:07) the man responds "Our village has barely any people left. But I have nowhere to go. My mother is handicapped, she can move only with the crutches. Where do you think SHE should go?" then he apologies, not being able to speak further.

Woman at 5:54; "I wish we would already have a real war, because it would explode and be over with. It's better than what we are going through. We are so tired of all this during the last eight years - we are tired of all the promises."

"Cleansing the area of the Russian-speakers" - that's the plan of Ukrainian commandment, that hopes to cut it through the LDNR territory to the Russian border in few days.

According to the LDNR intel ( presented by E. Basurin,) the Ukrainian army is planning the incursion of the 15 km from the contact line into the LDNR, with destruction of both military and civilian infrastructure. The main punch is most likely going to come in direction of Debaltsevo-Kramatork according to Basurin.

(There was yet a separate video, where Basurin explains in more details about the upcoming planned military operation of the VSU ( Ukrainian military.) According to B., the aviation is going to be included in the upcoming attack too.)

Meanwhile, three Ukrainian projectiles (?) hit the outskirts of the Russian territory as well ( Rostov region.)

Russian border in Rostov region is brought to operate in emergency mode; people are allowed only to enter Russia.

7:47 the water pumping station has been hit in Vasilievka. Donetsk filtration station has been switched to the spare operation mode.

Then Basurin reports in details what kind of weapons are pounding the LDNR across the line - I won't dwell on this now, but the locals are mentioning the 120 mm a lot ( whatever this means. They know the difference.)

From 10:34 - the reports of continuing bus evacuation to Russia, and the assurances of D. Pushilin that they will be taken care of in Russia, while the men will stay behind and protect the land.

At 12:31 the evacuation of 500 people from Yasinovatay by train.

At 12:17 the young woman with a child ( evacuee) is saying that she hasn't heard such intense canonade for a year-year and half.

At 12: 25 Yet another woman evacuee "We don't have any choice. If we were single, we'd stayed put, but we have children, do you understand? .. "Yes, the shelling was very loud today, children were crying, they are already big enough to understand what this is all about."
16:54 evacuation from Makeevka ( people are talking, they are upset, one is saying "Ukraine is not leaving us chance to survive")

Then train from Donetsk, than buses from Dokuchaevsk.

Reporter at 18:53; "How is situation in Dokuchaevsk?

Woman- "Very alarming. Constant shelling."
Another woman with a child "It's bad. At 3 AM we had to run to our parents house to hide in the cellar."

-What kind of weapons they were shooting with?"
- Heavy artillery.

So yeah, they are evacuating from all over the place, so if you ask me - if this is a "false flag operation" it's an expensive one.

I wish I could make a cross reference with the Western media as usual, and not to rely on the LDNR one ( as in this video) only, but we already know that for Western media these people don't exist, so...

It is what it is, I report what I see from the Russian-speaking source only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMVmRSUBGEo

Last edited by erasure; 02-19-2022 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 01:06 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
^ Yeah the only war at the moment is Zelensky trying to take eastern Ukraine back. Other than hurting international markets and price of oil like nothing else (or giving some people heart attacks) so far this hasn't played the way some people predicted...still not late though...

Old 02-19-2022, 01:27 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Is it wise for President Biden and the US media to continually announce War is imminent at any moment? As of yesterday Biden has stated that Putin has decided to invade. In watching Ukraine President Zelensky on TV he clearly is annoyed with this type of US response. So is the US overstepping it's involvement. I can understand the Worldwide concern on this possible invasion. However is the US causing more problems for Ukraine presently? I'm not completely sure waiting for War to breakout, and then putting sanctions in place is the right way to go. Perhaps sanctions on Russia should be in place now before an invasion. Perhaps that would be the best way to help Ukraine

Old 02-19-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Is it wise for President Biden and the US media to continually announce War is imminent at any moment? As of yesterday Biden has stated that Putin has decided to invade. In watching Ukraine President Zelensky on TV he clearly is annoyed with this type of US response. So is the US overstepping it's involvement. I can understand the Worldwide concern on this possible invasion. However is the US causing more problems for Ukraine presently? I'm not completely sure waiting for War to breakout, and then putting sanctions in place is the right way to go. Perhaps sanctions on Russia should be in place now before an invasion. Perhaps that would be the best way to help Ukraine

Yeah, Zelensky was begging to place the "preventive sanctions" on Russia, but interestingly enough, Biden refused to do it.

My personal impression ( increasingly so,) is that he (or people behind him) are actually interested in setting the military conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

"Ukraine is not a democracy - it's Biden's client state" ©Tucker Carlson

Old 02-19-2022, 02:37 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah, Zelensky was begging to place the "preventive sanctions" on Russia, but interestingly enough, Biden refused to do it.

My personal impression ( increasingly so,) is that he (or people behind him) are actually interested in setting the military conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

"Ukraine is not a democracy - it's Biden's client state" ©Tucker Carlson
Yes I have been getting the same impression as you
Its as if they are trying to set off a conflict.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:50 PM

I keep on watching today's news.

At 0:27 men of military age are coming to the military registration office in the LDNR....

1:33 Pushilin and Pasechink make an appeal to "All men capable of carrying weapons" to defend their land and to defend their families.

1:30-1:37 Russian border patrol is examining the Ukrainian shells that hit the territory of Rostov region. Investigation is open.
2:09 Under the bridge, on the rout from LNR to Russia, a car full of explosives has been found. The car was spotted, explosives removed, but the evacuees in the busses has to wait for few hours while the operation was taking place.

2:36 Lines to the ATMs, lines at the gas stations before people are leaving or stocking up on things, before the unknown comes.

2:48 Even the most staunch inhabitants of the village Donetsky near the front line - the last ones - have left the place, because of the constant shelling.

3:04 Meanwhile the Lugansk railway station was as crowded as never before in eight years; it has been decided to organize a train for the refugees, going straight to the Russian border, which didn't happen all these years.

3:31; "We are from Pervomaijsk, the day before the yesterday there was fighting in our region, today there was heavy shelling again, ( I just called, they told me,) so we have to evacuate - that's why I am leaving with my grandson..
3:55 There are thousands and thousands evacuating from Donbass - practically all public transportation is allocated for this purpose....

4:18 Both nursing homes and orphanages..
4:35 A man from Novosvetlovka where the Ukrainian Nationalist battalions dug in back in 2014, brought his wife with 4 children for evacuation. "We don't want it to be repeated again."

So yeah... that's a lot of children to pack and to get ready.

My overall impression is such, ( listening to what the evacuees are saying,) that even though I didn't sense any panic ( as in population "running losing their minds" - close to what it was back in 2014, the situation is tense enough to make these decisions.

With other words, Ukrainian army ( be that the regular troops or the Nationalist battalions) brought situation to the tipping point, where the LDNR said "enough is enough."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxQxbdwFEE

Last edited by erasure; 02-19-2022 at 04:10 PM..

Old 02-19-2022, 03:18 PM

... and this is from yesterday, from the last opposition TV channel that Zelensky shut down few days ago. (They were not affiliated with Russia, so for now they are still able to broadcast via Youtube I assume.)

They invited people from the LDNR who watch their program to call in their studio.

This particular caller is calling from Donetsk; it's an older man.

The journalist; "Greeting Yuri. So what's going on there? Do you hear the explosions, what the neighbors are talking about, please let us know."
The caller - "We are staying home at this point. But what you see on TV it's what it is. There are lines to the stores, to the ATMs.. people are stocking up on things...And no, I don't hear the explosions."
-Yuri, did you think about evacuating from the city? And if no, then why?

- No we were not even planning to.. we are not at the age to hide somewhere at the refugee camps. If we are meant to die, we will die.

-The journalist - Let's not be so pessimistic, we are observing/going through it all already for eight years.. And those who are in Donbass..
- The caller; "Iunderstnd, I understand. But the way they humiliated us here... It's already enough, so to run and to hide now - no thank you.
- the woman journalist; "Who humiliated you, Yuri, what do you mean by that?

- The caller " The Ukraine."
-Journalist; "Can you describe with your own words, what you mean by that?"

- The caller; "Think about everything that took place here, think about our lives.."
-Journalist; "There were a lot of polls in Kiev, there were a lot of questionnaires here on the controlled by the government territory. A lot of constituents that voted for this government feel themselves humiliated too. Have a nice day, - a lot of patience to you and yours, we hope that this nightmare you are going through will be over soon. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjYg_M22Aw

Old 02-19-2022, 05:42 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
I think the Gravel Institute Youtube channel released a pretty objective take on some of the issues going on in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOx6dW_0vU

Old 02-19-2022, 06:41 PM

^
Oh the lefties are finally discovering that their beloved leaders ( Obama an Biden) were supporting the ultra-right, Nazi regime in Ukraine all along?

How amusing.

It's even more entertaining to read the comments there, in that sand box, about "Russia's far right" and the "gangster capitalists," how Russia "cannibalized itself," and other "main pillars" of the aforementioned discussion.

The "Gravel Institute" is promising to sink its teeth into the further research, so I'll have more popcorn by the time the lefties will discover that the "gangster capitalism" in Russia was promoted and approved on the watch of yet another "great American democratic leaders," such as Clintons.

This way Obama and Biden will not feel so lonely while supporting the ultra-right Nazi battalions in Ukraine.

So yeah, all this sounds promising, thanks for posting)))

Old 02-19-2022, 06:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^
Oh the lefties are finally discovering that their beloved leaders ( Obama an Biden) were supporting the ultra-right, Nazi regime in Ukraine all along?

How amusing.

It's even more entertaining to read the comments there, in that sand box, about "Russia's far right" and the "gangster capitalists," how Russia "cannibalized itself," and other "main pillars" of the aforementioned discussion.

The "Gravel Institute" is promising to sink its teeth into the further research, so I'll have more popcorn by the time the lefties will discover that the "gangster capitalism" in Russia was promoted and approved on the watch of yet another "great American democratic leaders," such as Clintons.

This way Obama and Biden will not feel so lonely while supporting the ultra-right Nazi battalions in Ukraine.

So yeah, all this sounds promising, thanks for posting)))
We can only hope. great find Grega.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe