Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 12:31 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkm View Post
now you are playing because you know exactly what that means. You either have the russkaya dusha or you don't.
I'm also interested in your vision of the "Russian world".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 05:54 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This question must have a translation problem. How about Russian speaking Ukrainians shooting Russian "volunteer" soldiers in Ukraine in 2014. How's that for being called.
I meant that Russia does not accept lands in the Federation at the present moment (except for the Crimea). But if Russia invites all lands into the Federation - it is interesting which lands will agree to enter (based on the results of an honest referendum).

And about Russian speaking Ukrainians. Yes, these people identify themselves as Ukrainians. I think that this is part of "the Russian world". "The Russian world" in my understanding is imperial project of building a single Russian nation (Ukr + Rus + Bel). And this project has obvious historical grounds, by the way.

And I think that in the current situation this project can not be built. The Russian lands should be combined to build this project. I think that Belarus and especially Ukraine will gradually remove Russian language (language is main force of "the Russian world"). As a result, Russian culture and Russian science will leave these lands. Main question - what will happen instead after that?

Old 09-13-2017, 04:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
When I am in Ukraine, it feels like Russia. So I get what you are saying. The overall Russian world, the Russian soul and the Russian people do exist in those 3 countries. Historical grounds are fleeting as people migrate and cultures shift (see Kosovo). Rus/Bel/Ukr are brothers without a doubt but not necessarily in the same house anymore.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Now you are playing because you know exactly what that means. You either have the Russkaya dusha or you don't.
Actually I DON'T. I thought that it was something that popped up recently, in connection with the Ukrainian events and "Russian spring." With that, to my understanding it had some imperial overtones may be, because I've heard it from someone like Olshansky, Strelkov ( I guess) and may be Prilepin - that kind of people. But what do you know - it turned out that this expression has more different meanings than I originally guessed, so here it goes - straight from the Russian Wiki;

" Russian world" - cultural and historic idea of the international interstate, inter-continental society, united by affiliation with Russia and Russian language and culture. According to the opinion of the followers of this concept, the word "Russian" in this case points at the common roots that take place in ancient Russia, and the word "mir" implies "all people, " "the realm."

There are two directions in interpenetration of what "Russian world" is. Part of the followers of this idea believe that this concept reflects the real geopolitical and social-cultural situation, the other part considers it a political slogan, reflecting the post-imperial ambitions of the part of the Russian elite."

and on and on it goes, including the historic background of this definition.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 AM

https://youtu.be/SXtWlwmlBNo
About happiness! Ukraine brought the first coal barge from the USA!

Old 09-14-2017, 11:12 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
This this make you angry?

What do you expect when Russia takes over the anthracite mines in Dobas? That Ukraine would have to pay Russia for its own coal? Better to buy from a friendly country.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
This this make you angry?

What do you expect when Russia takes over the anthracite mines in Dobas? That Ukraine would have to pay Russia for its own coal? Better to buy from a friendly country.
Angry? No, people are sorry, Ukraine is sorry.
We should not buy coal over the ocean, but stop fighting with our own people.
You hope not to forget with what and how this civil war began?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:20 PM

Beads .. Oh, no, coal to the president of Ukraine!

Old 09-14-2017, 02:47 PM
DKM

Quote:
Angry? No, people are sorry, Ukraine is sorry.
We should not buy coal over the ocean, but stop fighting with our own people.
You hope not to forget with what and how this civil war began?
Make no mistake, this is a token business arrangement. Any number of countries can sell anthracite to Ukraine since it has the capability to import it through Odessa. They wanted to buy it from the USA just to stick it in Putin's eye. Its politics, not business.

I know exactly why this civil war began: Russian suzerainty

Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Russian Coal $80 a ton. US coal $113 high cost of being the village idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe