Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 06:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

The mental gymnastics is see exhibited here make me think we need another sport in the special olympics.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a83_1501007789

Of course Russia has more tanks in Ukraine than IN Western Europe. How could it be otherwise? That statement has to cover it all, real thick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 06:52 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Remember general Krasnov und Vlasov
Did you forget?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkzoBY2FZmo&t=90s
Nice try Alechek, but Vlasov (and his soldiers) were prisoners of war, trying to save their lives ( and hence still regarded as traitors by Russian population.)
There is a difference you see with Ukrainian VOLUNTEERS, greeting German troops with flowers and joining SS.
But you know all that, don't you?

Old 07-25-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I do know about Vlasov. Sad situation he was in. Didn't Krasnov die as a partisan around Vitebsk?
No, he was talking apparently about this Krasnov, from the times of Russian Civil war, who lived in exile after the revolution.
(He and his cossacks were returned to Stalin by the British during Keelhaul operation.)

Old 07-25-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Wear a hat with a fur. Ukraine is a different mentality. The further on more.
No Alechek, they only THINK that they have "different mentality," and thus are trying to to wear someone else's hats.
Which makes them look even more stupid.

P.S. I don't wear hats.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
The mental gymnastics is see exhibited here make me think we need another sport in the special olympics.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a83_1501007789

Of course Russia has more tanks in Ukraine than IN Western Europe. How could it be otherwise? That statement has to cover it all, real thick.
I see.
American administration apparently wants to fight Russia till the last Ukrainian.

They don't have enough of dead Ukrainians by now or what?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:28 PM

I read about Vlasov and his men. I would not want to be a judge in that case. I think he thought that it was over and did what was best to save some lives. The other Cossacks I'm not clear on but I heard that some groups of the "White" armies were particularly vicious and bloodthirsty.

I need to look into it.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I see.
American administration apparently wants to fight Russia till the last Ukrainian.

They don't have enough of dead Ukrainians by now or what?
The dead of Ukraine are just statistics to them. The last thing the junta in Kiev need is any kind of weapons whatsoever. The crazies manning the "rampart of freedom" regularly shell the Novorussians. Anything we give them will most likely be used for other purposes than defense. A system for tracking incoming artillery and mortars tracks out going just as well and gives the user a great advantage in a duel.

I'm going to look into these guys.

Ukrainian Canadian Congress

I hear there's a senator in DC gets paid by them.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:44 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
The dead of Ukraine are just statistics to them. The last thing the junta in Kiev need is any kind of weapons whatsoever. The crazies manning the "rampart of freedom" regularly shell the Novorussians. Anything we give them will most likely be used for other purposes than defense. A system for tracking incoming artillery and mortars tracks out going just as well and gives the user a great advantage in a duel.

I'm going to look into these guys.

Ukrainian Canadian Congress

I hear there's a senator in DC gets paid by them.
Russia doesn't give a crap about Ukranians either. Since when did Russia value human life, at least 20 million dead in Stalin's purges and that just gets brushed off as a price to pay in the name of progress.

The very fact that there is a guy called Alec Solano on this board who dislikes Russia proves my point that just like with Libya, Vietnam... not everyone loves the groups that oppose the west as you may think.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I read about Vlasov and his men. I would not want to be a judge in that case. I think he thought that it was over and did what was best to save some lives.
Not exactly - from what I know, once he has been captured by Germans, all of a sudden he *realized* how much he "detested Stalin." You know, you don't rise through the ranks of the Red Army to become a general, only to realize how much "youhate it all," once you are captured by the enemy and your life is put on-line. That's when you REALLY have to make your choices. He did. And in order to feel better about himself, to convince himself that he still "served his mother land," he signed up for the whole "ROA deal. ( He switched sides one more time by the end of the war, so the good Russian word "карьерист" comes to mind - i.e. someone who is concerened about his career at expense of one's own moral choices. Compare him to someone like Karbyshev, and you'll know the difference.
I mean I understand the Cossacks and former officers of the White army living in immigration, who lost the civil war and were still looking for revenge, ( even with the help of the German army,) but Vlasov was the whole different story I think.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Russia doesn't give a crap about Ukranians either. Since when did Russia value human life, at least 20 million dead in Stalin's purges and that just gets brushed off as a price to pay in the name of progress.
While it's true that the value of human life was traditionally low in Russia ( this goes back to Tzarist times by the way, not just Soviet era,) "20 million dead in Stalin's purges" is a myth - a guess made by Western historians that never proved to be true.
So when it comes to the whole Ukrainian ordeal, one has to distinguish what the Russian government thinks of it/how it treats Ukrainians, and what Russian population thinks of it.
Now when it comes to a choice "to kill Ukrainians" or to give in to the whole scheme of losing Ukraine to Western interests, of course Russian government will choose the former. But interestingly enough, even with that, Russia took in about 2 million refugees from Ukraine - Russians and Ukrainians alike, and kept on giving the asylum to those, trying to dodge the draft. So not too bad, keeping in mind the whole situation.
Whom the Russian government treats the WORST in this situation, is actually not Ukrainians, but ethnic Russians, living in Donbass ( and other Eastern parts of Ukraine.) They gamble their lives away betraying their loyalty and trust, all while bargaining with the "Western partners."
Which brings the issue of the attitude of the Russian population towards Ukrainians. Since Russians are familiar with the whole ordeal in a different way than the Westerners, who don't see the civilians killed and maimed by "Democratic Ukrainian government," their attitude towards Ukrainians is definitely worse than that of the their government.
Every time they see something like this - ( that's the latest victim of Ukrainian bombing, his mother was killed in front of his eyes,) their hatred towards Ukrainians goes up, and it takes an effort from both sides to remind that "not ALL Ukrainians are zombies."

Quote:
The very fact that there is a guy called Alec Solano on this board who dislikes Russia proves my point that just like with Libya, Vietnam... not everyone loves the groups that oppose the west as you may think.
Of course not everyone. And Russians for the most part understand that Ukrainians are simply used by the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe