Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 04:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

I heard it was not given to them at all. There was an old arms depot in Mariupol filled with arms and equipment and the rebels took everything they could in the time they had. Amongst what was rotting in the yard was an old S-300 system. The rebels took several of the TELs (3 from what I heard) to Donetsk and in the space of a few weeks cannibalized 2 in order to get one working. They had no time to do anything else as the drunken Ukrainian apes were redoubling their efforts to cleanse the area of "terrorists" no matter if they were toddlers or teenagers.

I suppose you have a different theory but we really don't need to hear it. Ukraine had custody of the aircraft and were even conducting ground attack missions WITH their airspace open to civil aircraft. That's irresponsible and outright stupid. But then what do you expect from Kiev.

Drunken apes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 06:31 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,380 times
I trust not your imaginations and phony talking friends, but trust to conclusions of the Joint Investigation Team.

"(CNN)Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was downed over eastern Ukraine by a Buk missile brought in from Russia and fired from a village under the control of pro-Russian separatists, a team of international prosecutors said Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference in the Dutch city of Nieuwegein, Wilbert Paulissen, the head of the Dutch National Detective Force, said there was conclusive evidence that a missile from the Russian-made Buk 9M38 missile system downed the passenger flight on July 17, 2014, killing all 298 people on board.

The Buk was returned to Russian territory the next day,said Paulissen, presenting the findings of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), a Dutch-led group of prosecutors gathering evidence for a potential criminal trial into the downing of MH17."
MH17 report: Plane downed by Buk missile from Russia - CNN.com

Old 11-27-2016, 05:10 AM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I heard it was not given to them at all. There was an old arms depot in Mariupol filled with arms and equipment and the rebels took everything they could in the time they had. Amongst what was rotting in the yard was an old S-300 system. The rebels took several of the TELs (3 from what I heard) to Donetsk and in the space of a few weeks cannibalized 2 in order to get one working. They had no time to do anything else as the drunken Ukrainian apes were redoubling their efforts to cleanse the area of "terrorists" no matter if they were toddlers or teenagers.
The s300 system, unlike a Buk system, cannot operate independently without external radar installation.

Pity russian, try again

Old 11-27-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
The s300 system, unlike a Buk system, cannot operate independently without external radar installation.
He didnt know about that feature and trying to cheat!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:55 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Saakashvili rally trying to do a Maidan 2.0?

Saakashvili gathered rally in Kyiv center to express no confidence in Verkhovna Rada - Saakashvili gathered rally in Kyiv center to express no confidence in Verkhovna Rada - 112.international

It'll be pretty hard without a strong arm outfit behind him.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Ultimately, the problem lies with the Ukrainian authorities for continuing to allow civilian flights in an area with four military planes downed in the weeks preceding the incident. It's obvious they were steered there to manufacture an incident to suppress anti-aircraft missiles which had become extremely effective.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Ultimately, the problem lies with the Ukrainian authorities for continuing to allow civilian flights in an area with four military planes downed in the weeks preceding the incident. It's obvious they were steered there to manufacture an incident to suppress anti-aircraft missiles which had become extremely effective.
The problem lies in the terrorist leader of Russian Federation, who gave a lethal weapon in the hands of baboons!
If he doesnt respond to the Hague Tribunal, he will be responsible to God in any way for the death of thousands souls!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:24 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Well I guess Alec and Wadym got me. My bad, the S_300 and BUK are two different things. AA systems are not my hobby but the WSJ article from July 2014 clearly states that the rebels aquired 3 TELs from an arm's depot they took over . Wadym. The BUK system Isa descendant of the KUB, it can operate alone.

Anyone can look it up with a little effort. If they care to dig for the truth.

I think the rebels may have took those TELs across the border or close to it to keep them from their attackers. It was a very fluid situation that summer so I would have hidden them as well as possible. In a gully just across the border would have been nice.

I'm not convinced by a long shot Russia gave them this thing. Took it from them, yes.

I'm not going to be debating with you two about it, your intellectual contortions are far beyond my abilities.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:35 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
My father was Russian...my mother was born in the Ukraine...I really do not see the difference in these two geographical locations. I have always thought of the Ukraine as being part of Russia...much like Texas is part of the USA.

Ukraine is old Russia...the language is almost the same. People who do not have a SLAVONIC history imagine that the Ukraine is some poor subjugated country...as if Russia had invaded France or something.

I think what caused the great riff between Russia proper and the Ukraine took place under Stalin with his engineered starvation of the population. My uncle and grandfather starved to death. The odd part was that Stalin was not even Russian. He was from Georgia.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:39 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
The problem lies in the terrorist leader of Russian Federation, who gave a lethal weapon in the hands of baboons!
If he doesnt respond to the Hague Tribunal, he will be responsible to God in any way for the death of thousands souls!
My dad was Russian....my mother of Ukrainian heritage. They migrated to Canada in 1950 from England after the war. My father had a drinking buddy who was Ukrainian. He was a fanatic when it came to being Ukrainian. I can not imagine giving lethal weaponry to my dad's buddy...He had a classic Ukrainian temper...He would foam at the mouth and go into a rage...so....yes this old ditch digging drunk was a nasty baboon of a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe