Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's not a Russian source that wrote this. It's Newsweek.

91% of Ukraines coal imports came from Russia. 70 million worth.

This whole mess is just insane, it's not democracy or good government. All because of some drunk veterans welding junk to railroad tracks? Porkochunko is a wimp. They should have sent in the police and cracked heads.

This whole thing never had to happen, even the people in the Donbas are suffering. Is this what a good government does? Is this what a legitimate government does?

You have no legs to stand on DKM. Just give it up.
Give what up? Ukraine still imports and produces coal it just produces and imports less than it used to. Coal is not that important to it going forward, so Ukraine has cut its subsidies for coal (as it should have). Coal is important to the parts temporarily occupied but that is Russia's problem and not Ukraine's. I'm sorry there was a blockade but the people don't want to trade with Russians in Donbas...

Or is your problem that most of its coal imports come from Russia? It always has so nothing is different. Same thing with oil and gas. Trading between private companies and countries is not the same thing unless that country is trading state owned resources. I don't care if Akhmetov has to import coal to run his factories. Nobody care's if Ukraine's exports or production are down for the things Russians control now. Coal mining and subsidized coal and steel production are not the future so Donetsk is going to have to used to its new poverty brought to it by Russki Mir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
If russians the hysterics in occasion of blockade of occupied territories - means the government of Ukraine does proper things

Just not as in Russian. (about the "correct" action in Kiev) )))

Old 01-20-2018, 10:09 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Everyone is expecting something during the Russian election. Remember the Kiev protests and coup occurred during the Sochi olympics.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
There's not much going on in the trenchs. Could be the Ukrops are preparing for an offensive and conserving/building up ammo stocks. Weather wise it will have to be before the end of March after that the spring thaw is going to make a mess of things.

In reality I doubt anything big will happen. The Kiev Junta may toss some bodies into the swamp to get media attention but I can't see anything big happening.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:26 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
There's not much going on in the trenchs. Could be the Ukrops are preparing for an offensive and conserving/building up ammo stocks. Weather wise it will have to be before the end of March after that the spring thaw is going to make a mess of things.

In reality I doubt anything big will happen. The Kiev Junta may toss some bodies into the swamp to get media attention but I can't see anything big happening.
I've seen Ukrainians coming to pester Grudinin's camp on FB lately.
They think that if it's an anti-Putin camp, then it's pro-Ukrainian camp.
But as they soon discovered, they were wrong.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:48 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,928,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
speaking about Grudinin, did his approval rating plummet since the scandal with him forgetting about money he had in forging bank accounts, especially since one of his major positions was to have Russian oligarchs bring back their money from abroad. Or is the Russian media trying to make a big deal out of nothing?

Old 01-21-2018, 08:44 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Just don't like the Russian oligarchs and entrepreneurs, such as Guinin . In addition to forgotten money,a lot of things wrong.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:08 AM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
speaking about Grudinin, did his approval rating plummet since the scandal with him forgetting about money he had in forging bank accounts, especially since one of his major positions was to have Russian oligarchs bring back their money from abroad. Or is the Russian media trying to make a big deal out of nothing?
Putin's camp made a "scandal" out of it of course. A fake one at that. They lied about the amount of money, why he kept money there, and so on.
And this of course spoiled his reputation somewhat.
Those who cared however, looked into it and know that it's all lies.
I've listened to his older interview(s) and he gave pretty detailed account, which explained it all.
Number one - he was pretty straightforward, saying that when you run an honest business ( the way he runs) you can't trust Russian banks.
Number two, when he kept his money in the foreign bank, he was not aware about two or three "transitional accounts" that his bank moved his money through/giving him additional percentage? So once he has been nominated, he closed the accounts he was aware of, but not these ones. But when the CPRF nominating him checked the information, they pointed at those transitional accounts, so he closed them right away. So as he was stating correctly, he wouldn't have been nominated by his own, if there was anything fishy going on.
Number three - part of the money he moved abroad was for the medical treatment of two members of his family, that were treated ( in Germany? I assume.)
Grudinin said that if he had those 7.5 billions Putin's propaganda machine is ascribing to him, he'd already build the medical center at his collective farm ( on top of all the other amenities he built for his workers,) because he considers the whole situation with medical care in Russia unacceptable.
So yes, he is a wealthy businessman, but nothing what Putin's spin masters made out of him. No "oligarchy" and no "billions abroad" of course.
He is definitely the only person Putin campaign is weary of, because of his growing popularity.
As I've said before and will say again, a danger to Putin's system is not coming from the "right" and people like the late Nemtzov and Navalny, but from the "left."

This is his older interview I was talking about, where he explains among other things how all this disinformation about his money came about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCHXNYu2M8&t=738s

And this is yet another video about the "info war" unleashed against Grudinin by Putin's camp.
This particular political observer used to root for Putin in the past - not sure why he changed his opinion and now took Grudinin side. I didn't have time to listen to this particular video, so may be I'll comment on it later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUumyxGLpU

P.S. When it comes to Ukraine specifically, Grudinin PERSONALLY I think have somewhat different point of view that what he is voicing now. But it can't be any other way, since there are a lot of other *forces* backing him, so he has to keep their line.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:57 PM

Ukraine On Fire. Oliver Stones documentary on Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SAaMRAplJks

Old 01-21-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Don't get it. Grudinin doesn't care for the situation in Ukraine? Or is he against Russian policy like whats her face was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe