Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The vast majority of boys reaching fighting age in occupied territories leave before they are called up... Kharkov has many students from Donetsk and they sure don't plan on going back anytime soon. It is sad that eastern Ukrainians have been sacrificed as a pawn in Putin's war, although I can't feel sorry for the ones who believed his lies and were made a casualty.
Yes, it's said that they were sacrificed as the result of American aggression.
Russians have to react, as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 05:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I doubt anything is going to happen. February and March are about the last 2 months before the spring Rasputitsia. If they do as deep as the Novorussians are dug in and as well prepared as they undoubtedly are the Ukrops will be slaughtered. There's not a road, trail, streambed, gully or bush in a field not registered by the NR artillery and mortors. It's all sitting just behind the front lines in good order and ready to go at a moments notice. The Ukrops have significant amounts of tech in the area but like Model at Ponyri in 1943 it's not going to make much of a difference when they hit the brick wall.

The only reason I can think of the Ukrops to try that again is to get rid of the militias. Toss the dummies into the pit so that they won't cause any more trouble They're stupid and crazy enough to try I'm sure. They might get into the frontline positions of the Novorussians but they won't go far beyond. Russians will show up too and they'll have lots of material with them and Russia proper will be supporting the DNR/LNR. It's time for the Kiev junta to go back to the table. They've probably lost the DNR/LNR forever and just need to accept it.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of boys reaching fighting age in occupied territories leave before they are called up... Kharkov has many students from Donetsk and they sure don't plan on going back anytime soon. It is sad that eastern Ukrainians have been sacrificed as a pawn in Putin's war, although I can't feel sorry for the ones who believed his lies and were made a casualty.
Proof? Ukrainian youngsters are leaving the country in droves. They may stick around for an education but then they go elsewhere.

How many kids fled to Russia when the Kiev junta was drafting people? I heard it was a hell of a lot.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
False, like most of your claims.
BS. The best you seem to be able to do.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:51 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Proof? Ukrainian youngsters are leaving the country in droves. They may stick around for an education but then they go elsewhere.

How many kids fled to Russia when the Kiev junta was drafting people? I heard it was a hell of a lot.
Going there and seeing it myself. Ukrainian youth have always left the country in droves since 1991. Most of them from the east which used to be more populated than the west.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
I find all this so cute. Because it's so childishly 1941 and 1970. The pro Russian faction says that "ha ha, Ukraine imports coal", like coal would be something that valuable. Aren't you over Alexey Stakhanov and other communist "heroes", a person who would be unemployed today in the Western World because all he could do was to excavate coal? This is 2018, you can get pride in exporting nanotechnology, IOT devices etc, but no, you're stuck with coal, oil and gas. Even in military technology you're lagging hopelessly behind. Have the Russians found the secret behind top-attack ATGM's yet? No, lol. How about stealth aircraft? On the drawing board.

Oh and rasputitsa is coming, like the Donbass (Dumbass) retards would have anything. "When spring comes, we will be on the move again". Even a brigade of motivated bloody Swedes would wipe the living hell out of the separatists, and so could Ukraine if she really wanted to. But a civil war leaves a bad taste. As the separatists relies solely on Russia, it neither wants to put more pressure in, as it's too costly.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 PM
DKM

How about those amazing S-400's. They sound so much better than S-300's. Yet they can't stop Israeli F-15s or Turkish F-16's.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
How about those amazing S-400's. They sound so much better than S-300's. Yet they can't stop Israeli F-15s or Turkish F-16's.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...russian-s-400/

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...2019-1.5467752

The first article is telling. S-400s can track, target and shoot down Israeli warplanes taking off from Ben Gurien airport. Russia added another regiment just last week if I remember right, it's not going to be stationed in Tartus either. By now if the Russians want they can attach a super sonic missile to anything flying the length and breadth of Israels entire airspace.

Recently there has been no incursions by Israeli aircraft into Syrian airspace. Months ago an F-35 launched some missiles at some crates at the Damascus airport, it was a big deal . Why? Because the Syrians detected it, with 1970s era radar equipment. They also let loose some missiles but it's unconfirmed whether or not it hit the aircraft. Point is, they detected the aircraft and fired on it.

What's even stranger is the aircraft was taken out of service a few days later, FOR MAINTENANCE. Or so the IAF said. Hmmmm. In the Arabs Israeli conflicts those old SA-6s took down dozens of Israeli aircraft. If anyone feels froggy now I'd like to see what will happen.

I don't see anyone trying to play games now. We'll see.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Even in military technology you're lagging hopelessly behind. Have the Russians found the secret behind top-attack ATGM's yet? No, lol. How about stealth aircraft? On the drawing board.
The Russians went a different way. Considering what the Kornet did to some of best armored tanks in the world (Israeli Merkava 5s in Lebanon 2006) the Russians don't need one for the infantry. What so big about the Javelin anyway? The Belarussians have one ffs and since you don't know squat about weapons what the Javelin uses was invented by the Germans in WWII and put on a FW-190. it was called the Foche Wolfe Forester.

9M55K1

Quote:
Oh and rasputitsa is coming, like the Donbass (Dumbass) retards would have anything. "When spring comes, we will be on the move again". Even a brigade of motivated bloody Swedes would wipe the living hell out of the separatists, and so could Ukraine if she really wanted to. But a civil war leaves a bad taste. As the separatists relies solely on Russia, it neither wants to put more pressure in, as it's too costly.
This is like kicking puppies in WOT. I feel guilty.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:19 PM
DKM

Uh huh, sure they did. They tracked that mysterious F-35 and would have shot it down if they wanted to. Just happens to be that IAF operates against Russian allies but only due to the benevolence of Russians. (Much like the Kurds in Afrin are now realizing how their Russian protection is working out).

Here's IAF's losses of F-15 and F-16's to anyone: 0.

Here's the score in the Syrian 1982 war: 82-0 including all those SAM's setup to stop them.

Here's the score when Russia sent Mig's against the IAF in 1970: 5-0

Yes those Arab Israeli conflicts really showed Russian tech was boss, lol. In fact Syria and Egypt shot down more of their own migs than IAF aircraft. Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe