Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 04:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

The ukrainian Army is not in good shape.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stat...obile&ie=UTF-8

This is a French article. It has merit.

I guess since 2014 they have actually had a purge of the old guard. That's a lot of talent they killed off or threw out of the army. When you're not legit it's not a good thing to have people who may not see things your way around though. Its why I say that if the Russians invaded it may not be Russians entering Kiev in force. It will be ukrainians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 05:41 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The ukrainian Army is not in good shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5620mKWhU

I can arrange for you to meet some of them if you want to explain how they are not in good shape, or that they are fighting for money lol. Their grandpas fought of the Nazis with less, I'm sure they would be open to a friendly discussion about how they would welcome Russian army units in their land. You'll have to find your way to South-East Ukraine though. But it should be okay, that's "novorussia" right?

Old 12-30-2017, 10:17 AM

A video doesn't cover the whole picture. You can splice and edit all the fancy footage you like but it won't change the reality.

FFS, the Ukraine is IMPORTING sniper rifles when they have the means to produce their own. Same with the ATGMs. Doesn't this tell you something? Maybe those rifles have another purpose? Maybe they'll show up at the next Maidan?

Anyway as of today it seems that the ukrainian army is a shell. There's nothing to back it up but bodies. No industry, no stockpiles of material (they mysteriously keep blowing up for some reason) and infrastructure is not good and their strategic position is not too desirable either.

You might want to read some books about what really happened to the Nazis (and their Ukrainian friends) in WWII, why Russian troops were occupying Berlin in 1945 and Germanys best barely got a good look at Moscow one freezing morning. I assure you, if Russia wanted to plow Ukraine under as of this date they could do it with ease.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:02 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
I assure you, if Russia wanted to plow Ukraine under as of this date they could do it with ease.

I agree....anyone with a modicum of objectivity would admit that Russia would steamroll Ukraine in no time if the full might of the Russian armed forces were to be deployed (I'm not including nuclear weapons of course). No danger of that ever going to happen (luckily for Ukraine), unless Ukraine does something really really stupid.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:

FFS, the Ukraine is IMPORTING sniper rifles when they have the means to produce their own.
Ukraine produce 7.62 and 12.7mm sniper rifles.

Quote:
Anyway as of today it seems that the ukrainian army is a shell. There's nothing to back it up but bodies. No industry, no stockpiles of material (they mysteriously keep blowing up for some reason) and infrastructure is not good and their strategic position is not too desirable either.
Blah-bla, while Ukraine launches space rockets Russia fills up the Atlantic ocean with their satellites
Quote:
You might want to read some books about what really happened to the Nazis (and their Ukrainian friends) in WWII, why Russian troops were occupying Berlin in 1945
Soviet army, where half of army was Ukrainians. And Russian army is some traitors on Hitler's service.
Quote:
I assure you, if Russia wanted to plow Ukraine under as of this date they could do it with ease.
Russia has lost for war to the Chechen Republic and shamefully renders tribute last twenty years.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary

Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Jesus. What's up with this? Could somebody run down just what happened? I'm having a hard time translating it.

What I get so far is a judges nephew killed Irinas sister. Irina fought in court and the nephew was convicted, sentenced to 7 years this spring. He was let out Dec 27. Dec 29 Irina was found dead in a river.

https://www.obozrevatel.com/crime/07...olovy-suda.htm

https://112.ua/obshchestvo/v-kievsko...yu-427213.html

People are saying she was murdered. If this is true it's beyond sad.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:33 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,993,613 times
The USA is headed into isolationist mode. If the UK should be alienated, NATO will be an empty shell.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:15 PM

617 posts, read 538,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

I can arrange for you to meet some of them if you want to explain how they are not in good shape, or that they are fighting for money lol. Their grandpas fought of the Nazis with less, I'm sure they would be open to a friendly discussion about how they would welcome Russian army units in their land. You'll have to find your way to South-East Ukraine though. But it should be okay, that's "novorussia" right?
Primitive propaganda video.
Anyways Russia is not attacking Ukraine, Russia already got what we needed - Crimea.
So if such utterly poor country as Ukraine wants to keep buying US weapons that's their choice. Or better said they have no choice, because their corrupt government works for US State Dept., not for Ukrainian people.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:54 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Since Kosovo was brought into the discussion, I’ll chip in. Serbia definitely got the short end of the stick in the war. They were blamed for instigating genocide throughout the Balkans in the 90’s whereas the situation was much more complex. Bosnians and Croats took part in it in equal measure and bear part of the responsibility. That’s not to say Serbia is innocent either as they played a role as well.

On the other hand blaming the US has become so comically trendy that I roll my eyes whenever I hear it these days. It’s become the perfect scapegoat used by dictators to expand their power, by claiming that the US is funding opposition. Funny thing , is I used to believe them, but then I started using my brain. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read stories about how the US did this, did that or something else. The problem is that most of them contradict each other, which makes me wonder how credible they really are.

Iran is the perfect example of this. Some claim that the US put the Shah in power through a coup in 1953 (false since he came to power in 1941) to justify the revolution in 1979 and remove the puppet. Others claim they were funding the mullahs to remove the Shah since he didn’t want to lower oil prices in 73. These two theories completely contradict each other which proves that people don’t want to take responsibility for their problems and deflect them on others.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:47 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
FFS, the Ukraine is IMPORTING sniper rifles when they have the means to produce their own. Same with the ATGMs. Doesn't this tell you something? Maybe those rifles have another purpose?
Barrett 50 cal are the best sniper rifles in the world. Importing the best in order to shoot Russians from 2km is called good use of resources. Ukraine also exports some military equipment. Modern market economics call it efficiency. This is like bashing Norway for ordering F-35's.

Quote:
Obviously never heard of: Ukroboronprom? Kharkiv Malyshev tank factory? Mozorov design? KrAZ? Or did you fall for the Russian myth that somehow this all existed in the coal mine city of Donetsk.

Quote:
You might want to read some books about what really happened to the Nazis (and their Ukrainian friends) in WWII, why Russian troops were occupying Berlin in 1945 and Germanys best barely got a good look at Moscow one freezing morning.
I did, the allies softened up the western front so the Soviets could catch up.

Quote:
I assure you, Ukrainians would send their bodies floating down the river to the Black Sea just like they did with Nazis. Russia won't attack, they know Ukrainians too well to mess with them. It's a lost cause, Putin better learn from these mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe