Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 01:58 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes, Biden demanded Shokin be fired before releasing the aid money. The reason was very clearly because he blocked investigations into corruption. He was in fact investigating the anti-corruption groups instead.

DKM, you are not tired of your own la-la yet?
Your own make-believe stories?

Please do tell us what "anti-corruption groups" Shokin was investigating?

Quote:
This is the opposite of what you and Trump's campaign are pushing (not a coincidence) as to what happened...
Oh, I am with Trump's campaign now?
How charming)))

Quote:
Russia absolutely has a dog in this fight. Trump clearly aligns with Putin on several matters.
No Trump WISHES he could align with Putin now - first of all when it comes to China challenge.

But it's too late. His hands were tied for too long.

The window of opportunity has closed, and now "the kings of the East" (or how should I refer to them, looking at this latest exhibit) are aligning with Russia. China including.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dq3u037TkM

Quote:
This isn't hard to see. Biden has clearly come out on Ukraine's side so his election is a threat to Russian interests in Ukraine since Russia's current interest is to push Ukraine into a failed state and blame it on its westward orientation.
Russia doesn't even need to "push" Ukraine anywhere.

As I've said Ukraine is a failed state for a reason that it doesn't have (from economic point of view first of all) what it takes to stand on its own. Russia is not going to sponsor Ukraine while it's turned into anti-Russian project ( why should it?)
And America can't afford this project, following the same old "neoliberal formula" as it followed in case of other Eastern European countries.

As I've said - there will be no longer "same business as usual" (for the "corporate democrats" of Clinton-Biden type first of all.)

Ukraine IS a quagmire.

P.S. But I am still waiting on the definite news from Donbass and this whole "Minsk-2 agreement" - whether it's going to be abandoned or not.

When Pristaiko ( new head of Ukrainian MID ( Ministry of Foreign Affairs)) officially used the *wrong words* accepting Steinmeier's formula ( and that's what Putin wants,) Kurt Volker was immediately dispatched to Kiev couple of days ago, to do the "damage control," making Ukrainian officials to deny the agreement.

So yet again, things are in the making - a bit more patience)))

Last edited by erasure; 09-23-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 03:12 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
DKM, you are not tired of your own la-la yet?
Your own make-believe stories?
Rejecting your conspiracy theories is not making up anything at all. I stick with the facts, as they are sufficient. I was wondering how the Russians were going to deal with the new Ukraine government, now I'm seeing their new information war front.

Quote:
Please do tell us what "anti-corruption groups" Shokin was investigating?
Antac. https://antac.org.ua/en/

Quote:
Oh, I am with Trump's campaign now?
How charming)))
You are agreeing with him and Russian "media" on a fake story about Biden. "But its not fake!" you cry... and offer no evidence. Shokin being fired under Biden's pressure does not mean he was fired for investigating Burisma. There, I'm spelling out the flaw in your/Trump's story.

Quote:
No Trump WISHES he could align with Putin now - first of all when it comes to China challenge.
Our issues with China have little to do with Russia. They've been faking their economic growth numbers for a while. Their gdp per person is about 10.5k...Good for them as their working age population shrinks.

Quote:
Russia doesn't even need to "push" Ukraine anywhere.

As I've said Ukraine is a failed state for a reason that it doesn't have (from economic point of view first of all) what it takes to stand on its own. ...
Ukraine IS a quagmire.
No its not, its a stable democracy in the early stages of reform. Other than the Russian instigated war, there are no negative factors in Ukraine at the moment. Then there is this pesky thing:
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?end=2018&locations=UA&start=1996 &view=chart
Do you want to guess how 2019 is going to look on that chart?

Old 09-23-2019, 04:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Stable democracy in the early stages of reform. No DKM, IT'S A COLONY!!!

It's also a tool, China, India and Russia are the next big deal in human history. America is proudly and arrogantly striding down the road to irrelevance. The Europeans see this, Belarus sees this, many Ukrainians see this.America doesn't give a silly damn about Ukraine other than as a potential battleground or a resource to be exploited. Ukraine hasn't finished hooking its cart to either side so far it seems. They can still reverse what Porkochunko and his bunch of F heads tried to do. It's either that or oblivion.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:36 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's also a tool, China, India and Russia are the next big deal in human history. America is proudly and arrogantly striding down the road to irrelevance. The Europeans see this, Belarus sees this, many Ukrainians see this.America doesn't give a silly damn about Ukraine other than as a potential battleground or a resource to be exploited. Ukraine hasn't finished hooking its cart to either side so far it seems. They can still reverse what Porkochunko and his bunch of F heads tried to do. It's either that or oblivion.
Triggered eh? Don't click on this then:
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...to=UAH&view=1Y

As long as the smartest Chinese, Indians and Russians seek to move here, America isn't going anywhere from the top.

You really think Ukrainians would rather tie into a Eurasian backwater trading block of 180 million or stick with 550 million with 3.5 times the average national income per person?

Old 09-23-2019, 05:53 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
You either get it or you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77fiQ39Zu4&app=desktop

Old 09-23-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Rejecting your conspiracy theories is not making up anything at all. I stick with the facts, as they are sufficient.

Antac. https://antac.org.ua/en/

What "facts"?

So far you've made few statements of yours, unsubstantiated and backed by nothing.

You call it "sufficient"?

U-hmmm)))

P.S. I muddled though your "Antac" ( whatever that is,) or rather the specific material on Burisma investigation. Shokin's name was not even mentioned in all their mumbo-jumbo.

Quote:
I was wondering how the Russians were going to deal with the new Ukraine government, now I'm seeing their new information war front.
The Russian "60 minutes" that I usually watch daily on Youtube doesn't talk much about internal Ukrainian affairs, and such things as "offshore accounts" and "criminal investigations" in particular. Hits too close home, so they are usually very careful avoiding such touchy subjects.

They DO talk however about the gas pipes and Donbass A LOT, as something that interest them a great deal. And they do say that Ze so far is no different than Poroshenko in this respect, and Americans still call the shots.

Quote:
You are agreeing with him and Russian "media" on a fake story about Biden. "But its not fake!" you cry... and offer no evidence.
That's not "Russian media" - that's Ukrainian media. I should refer you to my April 4th post.

The story has been reported in details already back then, with all the facts. So I have nothing to cry about.

Quote:
Shokin being fired under Biden's pressure does not mean he was fired for investigating Burisma. There, I'm spelling out the flaw in your/Trump's story.
No, that's precisely what he was fired for.

Now when I listen to this dispatch again, it's interesting that she is saying that "initially, after Biden's acknowledgement, it was not clear, why was Biden so set on firing Shokin, this old man. Why would other corrupt officials, the heads of many other department close to Poroshenko didn't bother him, but just Shokin? Shokin was nothing outstanding, so why him? And only with time, the intricate details of this story popped up on a surface. ( Shokin's investigation of Burisma.)
So Strana UA went to interview Shokin, and he confirmed the story published in the "The Hill."

Not only that, but he said ( I read from the screen now) "after that, Biden threatened Poroshenko gangster style, and we've started having all kinds of hindrance during our investigation. I even complained to ( then) US ambassador G. Pyatt that "I don't want to build any law in the country on such lawlessness. I thought that I've been heard, but then the "activists" and "euro-optimists" of all kinds started spreading rumors that I was not doing my job, demanding my resignation."

Not only that, but Olesya M. ( the anchorwoman here) specifically mentions the name of yet another prosecutor, who is saying that "there are plenty of materials in Ukraine's prosecutors office on involvement of the reps of the US Democratic party into corruption."

( And yes, that's Ukrainian media, not the Russian one.)

Quote:
Our issues with China have little to do with Russia. They've been faking their economic growth numbers for a while. Their gdp per person is about 10.5k...Good for them as their working age population shrinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5bsKiEdMAw

Quote:
No its not, its a stable democracy in the early stages of reform. Other than the Russian instigated war, there are no negative factors in Ukraine at the moment. Then there is this pesky thing:
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?end=2018&locations=UA&start=1996 &view=chart
Do you want to guess how 2019 is going to look on that chart?
I'll explain to you the "negative factors at the moment" in Ukraine in some other post already.

Last edited by erasure; 09-23-2019 at 09:35 PM..

Old 09-24-2019, 12:35 PM
DKM

Quote:
What "facts"?

P.S. I muddled though your "Antac" ( whatever that is,) or rather the specific material on Burisma investigation. Shokin's name was not even mentioned in all their mumbo-jumbo.
The fact is he opened an investigation on them after they pointed out he kept closing investigations on actual criminals. This was a central reason for the US (and others) to demand his ouster. Its very much an important part of debunking this latest Trump make up conspiracy. If Trump is caught trying to get Ze to manufacture a case against Biden, he will be out of a job soon.

Quote:
They DO talk however about the gas pipes and Donbass A LOT, as something that interest them a great deal. And they do say that Ze so far is no different than Poroshenko in this respect, and Americans still call the shots.
That's likely economic as much as ideology. Eastern Ukraine's industry has depended on subsidized gas for 60 years... Its not competitive with market rate gas. I can see why some there would like to keep that going, but it seems they are outnumbered by people not willing to give up what that would cost the rest of the country. On the other hand I don't see Akhmetov complaining about his goods being sold in Europe and would like to increase this... as would most elites in Ukraine. Putin underestimated the attraction of the EU market over his weak copy, the Customs Union.

Quote:

( And yes, that's Ukrainian media, not the Russian one.)
Strana.ua is not "Ukrainian" media. Its Russian media in Ukraine. Their mission for the past 4 years is to promote the Kremlin's viewpoint. The fact they are pushing the same fake Biden story that Trump was leaning on, is my point. Presenting Russian propaganda as Ukrainian media is not making a credible argument.

Last edited by DKM; 09-24-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-24-2019, 12:38 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You either get it or you don't.
What exactly is Putin threatening the EU with? That he will tie Russia to China? Who cares if he sells Russian resources to China? Russians are poorer as a result of Putin but if that suits them, great.

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/Ukr...erves_monthly/

Old 09-24-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
The fact is he opened an investigation on them after they pointed out he kept closing investigations on actual criminals.

Why "he," who "they"?
What are you even talking about?

Quote:
This was a central reason for the US (and others) to demand his ouster. Its very much an important part of debunking this latest Trump make up conspiracy.
"Conspiracy" - that's "hand of Moscow" behind anything and everything.
In case of Biden's scandal ( and actions of other Democrats in Ukraine) is a matter of investigation.
It needs to be done, BUT.. Zelensky risks big time saying either "yes" or "no" to it.

The last thing he wants at this point is to get between the two fires - i.e. the pre-election war between Republicans and Democrats.

Quote:
That's likely economic as much as ideology. Eastern Ukraine's industry has depended on subsidized gas for 60 years... Its not competitive with market rate gas. I can see why some there would like to keep that going, but it seems they are outnumbered by people not willing to give up what that would cost the rest of the country.
I have no idea ( yet again) what "gang" you are talking about.

The gas pipes (transit via Ukraine) and Donbass are two separate issues in this case, that Russians ( well official media) are talking about.

Gas pipes - it's Gazprom reluctance to support Ukrainian economy any further, and desire to get ONLY the kind of contracts the Gazprom is interested in, and whether Brussels ( plus Berlin of course) are going to see things its way ( not the Washington way, since Washington as I've already said it wants to see Russia subsidizing Ukrainian economy as before.)
Trump by the way is probably figuring out what an expensive project Ukraine as "anti-Russia" is, and asking why it's only the US have to pay for it, not Europeans.

Quote:
Strana.ua is not "Ukrainian" media. Its Russian media in Ukraine. Their mission for the past 4 years is to promote the Kremlin's viewpoint.
I already questioned earlier, who is supplying a lot of insider's information to this particular channel, since it's so amazingly detailed.

I didn't exclude some sources from Moscow, however in the long run I consider this particular channel extremely damaging for Kremlin interests, because Donbass becomes a wild card, the more time passes. The time now works against Putin, when it comes to this region - that's the way I see it.

Quote:
The fact they are pushing the same fake Biden story that Trump was leaning on, is my point. Presenting Russian propaganda as Ukrainian media is not making a credible argument.
Trump is following the right lead - that story is not "fake", Burisma has a long tail of criminal charges, that much is obvious, and no cliche of "Russian propaganda" or "Corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor" ( i.e. Shokin") can cover it up.

That's an internal Ukrainian scandal confirmed by many other Ukrainian sources, so no need for attempts to muddy the waters yet again and point at "Kremlin."

Old 09-24-2019, 01:42 PM

I see now that one of the latest dispatches of this channel ( Strana UA) comes specifically on oligarch Igor Kolomoysky and his latest escapades ( the person *in question* for Trump and Giuliani.)
I am not familiar in details with the whole story behind Kolomoysky's "Privat Bank" ( and its subsequent nationalization.)
What is clear however, that unlike in Russia, Ukrainian oligarchs play an active role in country's politics, and Kolomoysky seems to be one of the major players ( not to mention his direct influence on Zelensky.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe