Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 08:11 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Pretty sad story and not surprising. Some caught taking up arms against the state were treated as this no doubt. It could be the timing or the circumstances... Many people from Donetsk are gone forever. Hopefully this all ends soon but Putin has to fight the people's will...

This was not a post about "Putin" DKM.
This was the post about the close ties between the nationalists and Secret service/police/courts/judges in Ukraine. It looks like Zelensky is afraid of them, since in spite of all the calls ( coming from the South East in particular,) to put a stop to this terrorist state and to remove the criminal key figure of Poroshenko's government, he *personally* kept Avakov on his post, spreading false ( no doubts) rumors through his deputies, that Avakov is the only one who can prevent the potential upcoming coup in December (organized by Poroshenko.)
This nomination brought a lot of public discontent, so as I've said soon enough I suspect the votes that initially went to Ze, will start going elsewhere.

Quote:
I wonder if this major has a relation to the infamous Fedorchuk who's job was to smash Ukrainian nationalism in the 70s?

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 11:19 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Its just speculation that this case has anything to do with nationalists and a supposed tie between them and the courts and security services. Its simply fear mongering to suggest that's what is going on here when a number of other circumstances can explain the story, if its even true the way it was presented. Yeah, the president "personally" chooses his cabinet and that would include Avakov. Maybe he's good at his job? This is an important post to fill with someone experienced. Having family members in the Vnutrenikh Del myself I am well aware of the tasks. He can be removed at any time...

Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Its just speculation that this case has anything to do with nationalists and a supposed tie between them and the courts and security services.

To YOU ( and *your friends*) it might be "speculations."
To those of us who care to follow the events ( and understand Russian) it's pretty obvious already long time ago that post-coup Ukraine is a terrorist state, where the shadowy nationalist organizations that rule the streets of Ukraine are protected by the police and court system.

Quote:
Its simply fear mongering to suggest that's what is going on here when a number of other circumstances can explain the story, if its even true the way it was presented.
Yeah-yeah-yeah...

Quote:
Yeah, the president "personally" chooses his cabinet and that would include Avakov. Maybe he's good at his job? This is an important post to fill with someone experienced.
OK, let me explain it to you, slowly.

Yes, Zelensky chooses his cabinet, he is responsible for that, and that's why he knew perfectly well, that such appointment would raise a lot of brows, since Avakov used to be one of the Poroshenko's key men.
Keep in mind that 75% of Ukrainian population voted against Poroshenko ( minding you those 75% WERE NOT voting for Zelensky, (vote for Zelensky was only 35-42%) but specifically AGAINST Poroshenko.) And the reason for such vote was NOT because of the "slow pace of reforms" as you are trying to imagine yourself, but totally different reasons; war in the East ( unleashed by Poroshenko's cabinet,) corruption from the top down, ever-rising prices, loss of jobs and population, and state terrorism, which Avakov was inseparable part of. ( In spite of the fact that Avakov seemingly fell off with Poroshenko during the last days of his presidency.)

But everyone is aware as well that Avakov is Kolomoysky's man, and we already have plenty of evidence by now that oligarch Kolomoisky IS the man that stands behind Zelensky as well.

So Zelensky, knowing the whole controversy of such nomination, asked his party to vote for it nevertheless, saying that he PERSONALLY vouches for Avakov.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
He can be removed at any time...
Now THIS remains to be seen.

Last edited by erasure; 09-05-2019 at 10:01 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 12:08 PM
DKM

Avakov served in the Yushenko government too. He simply kept his job, he wasn't appointed to the post by Ze. The record shows that he did his job well so you aren't presenting a good reason for him to not keep it. He is a lot better than Yanukovych's Zakharchenko was, clearly a terrorist.

I don't mind the debate but politics gets a bit tedious sometimes. We disagree on the motives people voted the way they did. I take Ze at face value, he says what his position is and hasn't deviated from it yet. He lays the blame of the war on Russia for is propping up an unelected force who use the Russian army to control their border regions. You correctly identify Kolomoisky as the litmus test of how well the anti-corruption reforms will be implemented. These are the same reforms Poroshenko never achieved and well that's why he got the boot whether you like it or not.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Avakov served in the Yushenko government too. He simply kept his job, he wasn't appointed to the post by Ze. The record shows that he did his job well so you aren't presenting a good reason for him to not keep it. He is a lot better than Yanukovych's Zakharchenko was, clearly a terrorist.

I don't mind the debate but politics gets a bit tedious sometimes. We disagree on the motives people voted the way they did. I take Ze at face value, he says what his position is and hasn't deviated from it yet. He lays the blame of the war on Russia for is propping up an unelected force who use the Russian army to control their border regions. You correctly identify Kolomoisky as the litmus test of how well the anti-corruption reforms will be implemented.
And that's your problem.
Because you clearly miss a lot of information.

This is the deputy of the Ze's party ( the investigative journalist turned deputy, who still broadcasts to his subscribers what's going on in the parliament, as he promised earlier.) And since his subscribers were very concerned and alarmed by this nomination of Avakov, he explains in details what Ze asked for, and why they had to vote for a "package deal" ( appointed cabinet, where Avakov was part of it,) to support the personal request of Zelensky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED_E1WC2XMk

Quote:
These are the same reforms Poroshenko never achieved and well that's why he got the boot whether you like it or not.
And since you don't have as much access to info that I am getting via all these channels, your conclusions/projections are incorrect as well.

( By the way the most devastating news for Ukrainians regarding the IMF reforms are coming from the same anti-Russian deputy ( the other reliable insider source is more pro-Russian I would think.)

I think I don't need any "debate" at this point, you can already see why.

P.S. The whole notion of Kolomoysky however puts a different spin on events, making them much more related to international level, since it involves Trump/Giuliani, and internal strife in American politics.

And that's why I keep on commenting on them.

Last edited by erasure; 09-06-2019 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM
DKM

There is no devastating news regarding IMF reforms. The mission just arrived this week. The 2014 standby loan was just repaid. The only people the IMF is devastating to are the corrupt oligarchs who get rich off of state subsidies, sold to the population as helpful for everyone. The government of Ukraine is not going to use taxpayers to fund purchases of Russian gas no matter who from your Russian propaganda team makes it sound like a great idea. Yes the IMF put an end to that and other awful ideas. Too bad for you it works: the budget is stable, external debt is paid back on time, bond yields, central bank interest rates and inflation are falling. The currency strengthened, foreign reserves are at a 6 years high... wages are increasing, the economy is one of the fastest growing in Europe....

hmm yep clearly the nation is heading to economic ruin.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
There is no devastating news regarding IMF reforms. The mission just arrived this week. The 2014 standby loan was just repaid. The only people the IMF is devastating to are the corrupt oligarchs who get rich off of state subsidies, sold to the population as helpful for everyone. The government of Ukraine is not going to use taxpayers to fund purchases of Russian gas no matter who from your Russian propaganda team makes it sound like a great idea. Yes the IMF put an end to that and other awful ideas. Too bad for you it works: the budget is stable, external debt is paid back on time, bond yields, central bank interest rates and inflation are falling. The currency strengthened, foreign reserves are at a 6 years high... wages are increasing, the economy is one of the fastest growing in Europe....

hmm yep clearly the nation is heading to economic ruin.

It has nothing to do with the subsidized prices of Russian gas ( obviously Americans are trying to make profits on hapless Ukrainians pushing THEIR gas on them, ( as the rest of Europe,) but that's an additional burden, and no relief in sight for Ukrainians that hoped for it, voting for Ze.
But no, there is yet other bad news for your average Ukrainian, when it comes to IMF loans.
I'll address it a bit later, when I have more time, sorry.

Old 09-07-2019, 12:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I wonder if key members of the Ukrainian government have enough smarts to see what is coming in the not too distant future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGtApRhnYE

The US influence is coming to and end, all America does is create chaos and strife. China, Russia, India are the next movers and shakers in this world. Germany has seen this for a long time, France, Italy, Turkey all see it too. For the Ukraine to continue down the road in the company of losers is not the way to go.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:33 PM
DKM

Jubilent scenes in Kyiv this morning as political and war prisoners were released from Russia in an exchange. The majority of whom are Russian speaking southern Ukrainians... meanwhile in Moscow the news is ignoring the return of prisoners from a war they deny to be involved in.

In other news Fitch raised Ukraine's fiscal outlook rating citing the decline of debt to GDP ratio from 69% to 50% due to a combination of economic growth and debt repayments. Poor Ukraine clearly suffering from this company of losers in the West...

Old 09-07-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I wonder if key members of the Ukrainian government have enough smarts to see what is coming in the not too distant future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGtApRhnYE

The US influence is coming to and end, all America does is create chaos and strife. China, Russia, India are the next movers and shakers in this world. Germany has seen this for a long time, France, Italy, Turkey all see it too. For the Ukraine to continue down the road in the company of losers is not the way to go.

What I see happening quite honestly is the "alignment of powers," - each group having their own goals/interests/grievances that unite them vs the other group.

Something that we usually witness before/during major world conflicts (not excluding World War I and World War II, and the consequences of it - Cold War, obviously.)
Only this time around, the alignment is happening on a much grander scale it looks like.

P.S. Yet another ( and unpredictable) interesting development I find in this picture is Brexit.

And this is the one to watch now.

Last edited by erasure; 09-07-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe