Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 12:18 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And then, of course, there are intelligent Russians.

Now when it comes to Putin and his view of Ukraine as an important part of his plan for the "Custom Union," I am not quite sure why do you consider his appetites as something illegitimate?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Surely Putin views Ukraine as important to his customs union or he would not have reacted the way he did when it was rejected? I'm curious to hear an alternative view for why he reacted this way.

Quote:
After all, back in the nineties America was determined to teach Russia to be a capitalist society ( with all the following consequences,) so now when Putin feels and acts like an ultimate capitalist, what seems to be a problem?
I think you know well enough that Putin's system there is rent seeking kleptocracy. It didn't really bother us who got rich over there until they started attacking neighbors for rejecting this style of governance.

Quote:
To "cooperate" and "grow Russia as a trading partner?"
You mean as an obedient vassal that follows the directives from Washington and is allowed to *trade* in return? And if Russia ( god forbids) decides to act independently in politics, the chain of "economic sanctions" will be yanked at any time?
No the point is if Russia were to grow its economy (without sanctions) then it would benefit everyone. If "independent politics" means creating armed conflict in neighboring states, then yes sanctions are part of how we respond to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWcLwrYN10

Old 08-15-2019, 08:31 PM
DKM

Graham Phillips? LOL okay lets keep linking the propagandists from Youtube.

However, this shows how bad things were under the old Ukraine, especially in "government" run ventures. This is an example of many of the problems with the old system and clearly it was bad enough to spur on a revolution.

Crimeans better like it now because expressing any doubts about Russia's claim to the region can carry a jail term of 5 years.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:23 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You really have no idea what you're talking about. The USSR isn't Russia.
I really understand what I'm talking about. Russia is a continuation of the USSR. History has the property of repeating itself.

Quote:

President of the Republic of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda has called on German Chancellor Angela Merkel to maintain sanctions against the Russian Federation until Russian aggression against Ukraine ceases. "The President urged to continue sanctions against Russia until it stops aggression against Ukraine,"
Ha ha ha ... Well, you killed me .. yes, all these Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian puppets cannot even fart on their own without permission from Washington or Brussels.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:29 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Surely Putin views Ukraine as important to his customs union or he would not have reacted the way he did when it was rejected? I'm curious to hear an alternative view for why he reacted this way.

No "alternative view here" from me - Putin considered Ukraine an important part of his "custom union" plan, as much as comfort of having Ukraine as a buffer state between Russian borders and NATO countries.
As I've already said - Putin is a capitalist, who doesn't think/plan any different than his American counterparts, that calculate what countries might benefit them financially and what countries are important to their geopolitical interests.

Quote:
I think you know well enough that Putin's system there is rent seeking kleptocracy.
Oh I am sure of that, he ( and his buddies) are the product of the "roaring 90ies," - courtesy of American Democrats/ IMF and "Harvard boys."

Quote:
It didn't really bother us who got rich over there until they started attacking neighbors for rejecting this style of governance.
Oh spare me your fairy-tales.

It was essential for Americans that those who "got rich over there" ( i.e. the new oligarchy) would be loyal to American corporate interests. ( That's why Americans still support that "prisoner of conscience," "Putin's opposition," scum oligarch Khodorkovsky.)
Putin and HIS band of loyal oligarchs came as an unpleasant surprise for the White House - no doubt about that.

Quote:
No the point is if Russia were to grow its economy (without sanctions) then it would benefit everyone.
Kumbaya, kumbaya....

Quote:
If "independent politics" means creating armed conflict in neighboring states, then yes sanctions are part of how we respond to that.
Independent politics means Russia assuring her own geopolitical interests.

As the nineties proved us, the US wanted none of it.
All they wanted was Russia as obedient vassal, not standing on US way of world domination in any shape or form. The appendix for supply of the natural resources - that was the only way Russia was allowed "to grow its economy."

Any attempt of assurance of Russian independence, and that chain of "economic sanctions" would be yanked again.
That's what it's all about.

Last edited by erasure; 08-15-2019 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-24-2019, 02:53 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GSvw6303w

Old 08-24-2019, 03:33 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Ups. The Guardian took courage and called things by it's names. Then they got scared and deleted. But the Internet remembers everything.

https://cdn22.img.ria.ru/images/1557...f3537a7bac.jpg

Old 08-24-2019, 05:00 PM
DKM

Kiev sure looks different than Moscow lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3YAhyHiT0

Finally no more tank parades...

Old 08-25-2019, 11:30 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
It's incredible! Great show! Thank you Mr. DKM!

Old 08-25-2019, 02:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Kiev sure looks different than Moscow lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3YAhyHiT0

Finally no more tank parades...
Can't afford tanks, let alone a parade of them. What few they managed to salvage from the scrap yards around Chernobyl that are still working are needed on the Malabar front. Sorry, Donetsk front.

This propaganda effort is very well orchestrated. What little of the world sees this will probably be sucked in by it. Peace loving Ukraine that don't allow (can't afford) parades of military vehicles. Poor peace loving Ukrainians fighting for it's existence against the Evil Empire/Asian Horde relentlessly attacking them from the east.

Yeah, Ukrainians need something to be proud of but this isn't it. How much was spent on it? A bridge in Kharkov fell to pieces yesterday.

Russia is going to defend itself. If need be Ukraine will be plowed under as a nation to do it. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe