Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 02:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I wish the people of Ukraine the best. The politicians and fascists need to be shot and hung like the self serving scum they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 02:52 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
It's incredible! Great show! Thank you Mr. DKM!

Alec...
That's precisely what it is - a SHOW.
If I were you, I'd be watching closely what's going on BEHIND the scene ( or show if you wish.)
Pay attention at financial/healthcare sectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Npjofpdo8

...and this is your Bogdan ( Ze's chief of staff) celebrating "Independence day" in St. Tropez, France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdgzCkj24Eo

So as they say, "the more things change, the more they remain the same."

Old 08-25-2019, 03:49 PM

622 posts, read 427,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Surely Putin views Ukraine as important to his customs union or he would not have reacted the way he did when it was rejected? I'm curious to hear an alternative view for why he reacted this way.

I think you know well enough that Putin's system there is rent seeking kleptocracy. It didn't really bother us who got rich over there until they started attacking neighbors for rejecting this style of governance.

No the point is if Russia were to grow its economy (without sanctions) then it would benefit everyone. If "independent politics" means creating armed conflict in neighboring states, then yes sanctions are part of how we respond to that.

The kleptocracy can't survive without creating enemies, conspiracies, lurking foreigners that want to destroy Rodina. Putin prefers sanctions to lose elections or even a coup.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Alec...
That's precisely what it is - a SHOW.
If I were you, I'd be watching closely what's going on BEHIND the scene ( or show if you wish.)
Pay attention at financial/healthcare sectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Npjofpdo8

...and this is your Bogdan ( Ze's chief of staff) celebrating "Independence day" in St. Tropez, France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdgzCkj24Eo

So as they say, "the more things change, the more they remain the same."
Look at the small details. Where they laid the wreaths at the beginning you'll notice the curb is broken, voids behind the steps leading to the grassy area, sunken bricks in the sidewalk. I couldn't watch the rest, it's downright boolywood and obviously cost a lot. Sickening.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:26 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Look at the small details. Where they laid the wreaths at the beginning you'll notice the curb is broken, voids behind the steps leading to the grassy area, sunken bricks in the sidewalk. I couldn't watch the rest, it's downright boolywood and obviously cost a lot. Sickening.

The more they are trying to create this anti-Russian state, the more they are trying to look "nothing like Russia," the more desperate it looks.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The more they are trying to create this anti-Russian state, the more they are trying to look "nothing like Russia," the more desperate it looks.
I'm sure Kiev is doing well too. Other places? Can you say banana republic? Ukraine is well on its way to becoming someone's colony.

What you are saying about looks that they are trying to project is not only desperate, it's futile.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:51 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That's because portions of that street are preserved the way it was since the revolution. Those steps had blood stains for long time. Other parts of that street are memorialized from the shootings, and they still have bullet holes and places where bricks were removed to build barricades. The white truck in the video was involved in an incident right in that same spot when they tried to use it to break the blockade. Your ignorance is once again on full display...

Old 08-26-2019, 12:44 PM
DKM

Quote:
The more you are trying to create this image that Ukraine is a failed state, the more you are trying to show its failing "without Russia", the more desperate it looks.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
So, us people who trashed talked Poroshenko all this time were correct, as even Ukrainians ended up not liking him, lol.

All can say is "told you".

Old 08-26-2019, 05:04 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So, us people who trashed talked Poroshenko all this time were correct, as even Ukrainians ended up not liking him, lol.

All can say is "told you".
But many of the reasons were different.

To Russians (and some Ukrainians), he was hated for promoting an ethno-nationalist anti-Russian policy.

To many Ukrainians who voted against him, he was hated for stalling reforms. His poor record on reform was masked by ethno-nationalism (see above). Its almost like he wanted to keep things mostly the same but with a pro western expression. The corruption stench around him didn't help...

In a way, that made him like Putin. He wanted to distract from his failure to fix the conditions which led to the revolution in the first place. I don't know how much of this is his fault or if he genuinely tried to do more and was blocked by other forces. Either way, he was rightfully fired. That doesn't mean all Ukrainians don't like him though or he wouldn't be heading to parliament next week in charge of a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe