Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 06:39 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
How are the people in the Donbas going to take this? There were 13000 people killed in this debacle, a lot of them children. I know that there should be people put on trial for this. Porkochunko, Tyurchinov, Lyashko, Avakov and many others.

This did not have to happen. It could have been avoided.

I doubt a Ukrainian soldier with the blue and yellow insignia on his shoulder will be safe on the streets of Donetsk for a long time to come. The facists will be targets forever.
If it makes you feel better a few thousand of those were Russians, so its about 10k Ukrainians and then an even split on both sides.

Yep both sides are going to have to get over things. Its this or the Transnistran scenario (which I don't yet rule out). I don't think a majority of locals will vote for impoverishment like that. Those who traveled outside of the donbas see what could be if they stopped fighting.

You're right about the fascists, they would be wise to avoid going east of the Dnieper. I think you'll be disappointed to see how the local men with the Ukrainian flag will be seen by their relatives when they return in uniform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 06:59 PM
DKM

Look at these places. Devoid of normal life:

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5057...!7i6144!8i3072

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.6272...!7i3908!8i2931

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.6369...!7i3840!8i1919

It needs to end or it will look like Chernobyl...

Old 10-01-2019, 10:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Look at these places. Devoid of normal life:

It needs to end or it will look like Chernobyl...
And to what these pictures of the? What do they prove? Such pictures from any country can be found a million ... If you start digging now, even from any backwoods of the United States, you can find pictures no better ... I'm not even talking about Detroit..

Does this look much better?

https://ternovskiy.livejournal.com/174481.html

Last edited by Zimogor; 10-01-2019 at 10:28 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,008 times
Quote:
If it makes you feel better a few thousand of those were Russians, so its about 10k Ukrainians and then an even split on both sides.

Yep both sides are going to have to get over things. Its this or the Transnistran scenario (which I don't yet rule out). I don't think a majority of locals will vote for impoverishment like that. Those who traveled outside of the donbas see what could be if they stopped fighting.

You're right about the fascists, they would be wise to avoid going east of the Dnieper. I think you'll be disappointed to see how the local men with the Ukrainian flag will be seen by their relatives when they return in uniform.
You can try to deny that current state of Ukraine is a fascist one, but facts are against you. Take a look at this Hitlerjugend:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraini...-kids-to-kill/

There are many more facts, but of course you close your eyes.
There will be no peace until someone will run denazification of Ukraine.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
You can try to deny that current state of Ukraine is a fascist one, but facts are against you. Take a look at this Hitlerjugend:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraini...-kids-to-kill/

There are many more facts, but of course you close your eyes.
There will be no peace until someone will run denazification of Ukraine.
yes a fascist state just overwhelmingly elected a Russian speaking Jew to be their president. Because fasicsts love both. And the fact that fascists are currently protesting these moves, well that's just a fake protest to hide their true intent, am I right? Its hard to keep up with Russian nonsense so forgive me for missing something. The only denazification occurring in Ukraine is every time a nazi Russian idiot is killed in Donetsk.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:41 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
And to what these pictures of the? What do they prove? Such pictures from any country can be found a million ... If you start digging now, even from any backwoods of the United States, you can find pictures no better ... I'm not even talking about Detroit..

Does this look much better?
Of course anybody can find some pictures of an abandoned house or closed off road in an outer area. My linked pictures were the downtown areas of cities. Go ahead and look at downtown Detriot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3320...thumbfov%3D100

Looks nicer than any major city in Russia outside of Moscow... Russia is a 3rd world country compared to the West. Its really sad they have to send people to take videos of poor neighborhoods here to make themselves feel better about their rotten corrupt dump they live in.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:

We shall see. I seriously doubt any Kiev government will ever have even sparse influence on those people for a long time to come. There's a lot of emotional trauma that's been inflicted.

I think the if Ukraine wants stability over the long term they should just give them what they want, for the sake of peace. The wounds will eventually heal but the scars may not. The militias (fascists) should not be allowed anywhere near anything.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:10 PM
DKM

Quote:
We shall see. I seriously doubt any Kiev government will ever have even sparse influence on those people for a long time to come. There's a lot of emotional trauma that's been inflicted.
That goes both ways.

Quote:
I think the if Ukraine wants stability over the long term they should just give them what they want, for the sake of peace. The wounds will eventually heal but the scars may not. The militias (fascists) should not be allowed anywhere near anything.
That's what Ze is doing, or trying to do. I'm still wrapping my head around the DNR allowing a free vote in their territory. I can't imagine they will allow this, but they might not be in control. Russia would like to get back to normal relations with Europe...

Old 10-02-2019, 05:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
No Russia has little interest in "normal" relations with Europe, that's been established. Europe is unreliable, fickle, fanatical and untrustworthy. Why bother? Some dealings will go on such as in the energy sector and some infrastructure projects but politically Russia has left the theatre.

What Ze needs to do is fix what he can as quickly as possible and win the trust of Russia again instead of being forced to rely on their tolerance.

the face of that part of the world is going to change immensely and Ukraine is currently on the wrong side of history.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:36 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Looks nicer than any major city in Russia outside of Moscow...
From this I conclude that you haven’t been anywhere else than Moscow

Quote:
Russia is a 3rd world country compared to the West.

Fell under the table with laughter.

Well, explain to me how the 1st world differs from the 2nd and especially from the 3rd?

What is so special about the West that is not in Russia?

Last edited by Zimogor; 10-02-2019 at 08:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe