Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 05:02 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yeah, they're tough. Salaries increased 5 times, prices and tariffs 11 times. Normally. Debt is rising by leaps and bounds,the country depends on external borrowing, inflation is only 1 percent, but per month. GDP dropped by 30 percent, raised by five. This is victory. This is what economic success looks like in the interpretation of DKM. Well , that's his job, man survives okay.
Why are Russians on here constantly lying about Ukraine and in particular its economic performance since signing the EU agreement. Sad obsession to have really... I've already linked plenty of evidence on here to the contrary in the past few weeks. I don't need to do it again, as this is easy to find. What are you guys so mad about now? Negative growth in Russia's economy in 2019... how is it our problem? Go have your oil vodka and bears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 06:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Nazis are in Russia. One of their leaders, associated with the internet troll factory (who's members likely ply this forum) is Anna Bogacheva, a member of neonazi group Russky Orbaz. She was placed on sanctions list yesterday.

Yes indeed some of the 3 thousand Russians killed fighting in Ukraine were members of Russian neonazi groups. You already know that and it makes you clearly angry that I know it too.
I don't think we ever defined just what a Nazi is among ourselves DKM.

To me Nazi is anyone who was part of Nazi Germany or anyone who believes in the principles of the Nazi Party.

Lets clear this up.

Define Nazi and Nazism please people.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:24 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I would add a little bit to this definition. Corruption,in my understanding, is theft by officials of state funds. Unfortunately, in Russia, many corrupt officials openly steal state funds allocated for a particular project using "gray schemes", or using their official position to lobby the interests of certain companies involved in the project and get "kickbacks". Sometimes you look at some official with a salary of 200 thousand rubles, and he has a mansion for a million dollars, a yacht for 5, children study in England for 100 thousand pounds a year, a house somewhere in Spain.. This is what is called corruption, i.e. the official does not care about the state interest, which is his direct duty. All he cares about is his pocket.

No disagreement here.
This kind of corruption is impossible to control with one-party system, but this one-party system was established with the help of the export of capital out of the country ( i.e. what Ukraine is going through now.)

Of course some can argue that during Soviet times the one-party system was equally ( if not worse) corrupt, however we all know that during Soviet times the system was preventing the export of capital out of the country. So no mansions for government officials in Nice or Florida, no yachts for 5 million dollars.

Soviet times were sort of moratorium on greed - (something similar to the moratorium that Ukrainians have put on the sale of their land till recently.)
And of course this explains the latest phenomena of rising of so-called "Stalin's popularity."
I think we all know what kind of message it sends to the Russian government and its officials.

But now I am listening to this guy ( he is very anti-Russian/anti-Putin by the way) since I am following the Ukrainian events, obviously. And he is broadcasting straight from Ukrainian Rada, where he is a member of parliament now.

As you can see, they are not allowed to fight corruption any longer, since what they perceive as corruption, is considered perfectly legal ( and actually desirable) by the IMF.

So now it's already official; Ukraine lost its national sovereignty and became an "object" ( vassal - call it as you wish,) of the IMF/US. By now it's already completely under external control.

I literally left a comment there "Welcome to Russia of the 90ies. Probably NOW you will understand why Russians are holding on to Putin, so hated by you. Yes a corrupt autocrat, yes a robber baron and oligarch, but at least he was able to retain the national independence of Russia. Now what are YOU going to do in your situation?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeLfdm8w2uw

Last edited by erasure; 10-04-2019 at 06:40 PM..

Old 10-04-2019, 08:04 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

To me Nazi is anyone who was part of Nazi Germany or anyone who believes in the principles of the Nazi Party.

Lets clear this up.

I was in this case using the term in the meaning of the person I was responding to. In a general sense, I would agree with you. I would take it further that anyone espousing neonazi beliefs would be nazis as well via self identification.

The term fascist is a bit more loose, but I know what it connotates in Ukraine. There are definitely nazis in Ukraine and even more fascists. Fascists would include some people who took part in the revolution and the war. Pravy Sektor, elements of Azov and Aidar battalions and even Svoboda are fasicsts.

I can see why some people thought they were fighting against fascists when they actually were sometimes in the Donbas. One mans's fascist can be another's nationalist though. These same kind of groups exist in Russia too. Ukraine's army was reinforced by fascists in 2014, without a doubt. I don't think they cared at the time, enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of logic. But a large part of the army were not fascists at all. Certainly none of the units my friends served in. They were mostly Russian speaking south east Ukrainians fighting to keep Russky mir from spreading to their region. Its pretty sad because they killed people too and it could have been their neighbor or someone from Novosibirsk...to me its a civil war even if its a war with Russia.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:24 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,299,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

You were just arguing yesterday that GDP PPP is the key. So now that Ukraine's GDP PPP is the highest its ever been since the USSR collapsed... what do you call that! Besides a waste of my time to respond to such "logic"

???

If the GDP is growing, quite often the GDP PPP is growing as well.

The "Ukraine GDP PPP it's the highest since the collapse of the Soviet Union" is not that impressive statistics.

People emigrating in droves.....how come if Ukraine is growing that strongly??

Old 10-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Lets clear this up.

Originally "Nazi" is abbreviation that Germans used back in the day for the "Nationalists."
So the word "Nazi" ( and Nazism) started being associated with Hitler's Germany, ( while in reality it's your regular "Nationalists" and the "Nationalism.")
So under the normal circumstances Russians would refer to Ukrainian nationalists as "nationalists" as it should be, BUT; Ukrainian nationalism has a long history, and part of it - collaboration with Hitler's Germany.

And that's why Russians refer to Ukrainian nationalists not just as "nationalists," but as "Nazi," making referral to the old ( and not so old) events.

Because at least PART ( the most notorious and militarized part) of Ukrainian nationalists still uses old German insignia and god knows what else related to it.

Originally Ukrainian nationalism spurs from the most-Western areas of Ukraine, but under Poroshenko the nationalist organizations started penetrating the Eastern part of Ukraine as well, trying to actively recruit the youth there, (particularly among the soccer fans.)
Americans used these unsavory forces to organize the coup d'etat in Ukraine back in 2014, and from that point on, the new government in Kiev was relying on them to "keep the order," to "promote the loyalty" to the new "Ukrainian state," and to suppress the dissidents.

Pravyi Sector, C-14 ( don't remember the other off top) are ultra-right organizations that Ukrainian law enforcement and SBU in particular use for state purpose to make population to "toe the line" and to weed out any attempts to "promote separatism." ( At that, such definition as "separatism" can have wide interpretation, including disagreement on the language laws and such.)

When the so-called "activists" ( mostly in ski masks or some other disguising gear) show up on Ukrainian streets to participate in their actions, Ukrainian police usually doesn't interfere in the Western part of Ukraine ( if not downright reinforces their actions.)
In Eastern part of the country police actions are more restrictive towards them ( may be with an exception of Odessa, which is strategically important, yet potentially more dangerous city for the regime, because of its long-standing ties with Russian culture and history.)

Hope this helps.

P.S. Additional material on a subject;

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/e...bout-1.7391007

Last edited by erasure; 10-04-2019 at 09:03 PM..

Old 10-04-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I did not know about the referendum...after all Putin is a realpolitik SOB...Crimea was very strategic and he decided that taking the heat was worth it, for Donbass evidently not.

Well a constitutional protection can offer a better pretext to intervene should a clown like that arise to power again....
Furthermore, a significant autonomy, if crafted carefully, can make Donbass de-facto integrated with Russia economically even if nominally part of Ukraine

I would love to hear your opinion on it

I see few reasons for that.

Reason number one - is precisely what Girkin ( aka Strelkov) was warning Russian government ( and anybody else) about.

He was basically saying that when the window of opportunity (for easy military takeover of South-Eastern regions of Ukraine) will be closed, it will be closed for good.

What could have been initially achieved with little effort ( he was saying that the representatives of Ukrainian army were already coming with questions to him when the Russian troops were going to arrive, ready to swear their allegiance to them,) was going to come only with enormous price of blood and destruction on a big scale later on, after Americans would already send their instructors, reinforce Ukrainian troops and so on.

Reason number two - after watching Donbass (the fate that befell it, being betrayed and used for political games) made the rest of the South-Easterners to rethink their loyalty to Russia.
And reason number three - not everyone is fond of Putin and what he represents.

And that means South-Eastern part of Ukraine contains a big chunk of "unattended" Russians - unattended by Kremlin that is.

So I'd say - on your guard: the world might be up to few surprises)))

Old 10-05-2019, 02:10 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
???

If the GDP is growing, quite often the GDP PPP is growing as well.

The "Ukraine GDP PPP it's the highest since the collapse of the Soviet Union" is not that impressive statistics.

People emigrating in droves.....how come if Ukraine is growing that strongly??
Okay I cant convince you that high growth rate and all time high is a counter to your argument that its in a depression... then nothing can really because growth rate and absolute level are the 2 ways to measure an economy's performance.

The only region of the country with net emigration at all is the far east including the donbas. Hmmm must be Ukraine's fault there right?

You probably won't believe this either but right now the overall net emigration rate from Ukraine is zero. Any more fairy tales to push?

Old 10-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The term fascist is a bit more loose, but I know what it connotates in Ukraine. There are definitely nazis in Ukraine and even more fascists. Fascists would include some people who took part in the revolution and the war. Pravy Sektor, elements of Azov and Aidar battalions and even Svoboda are fasicsts.
This "fascism" is what I see in them too and in other places in Eastern Europe. Austria, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Finland the Czechs, Slovaks and Germans. It has long roots in history. It's tribalism that we have probably inherited from our distant ancestors as far back as Homo Erectus who we know invented the family unit, clan and tribal systems. I don't want to go far down this road but I want to point out one thing I've seen Slavs and Amerindians/Native Americans have in common. It comes down to 2 words I have noted both use very frequently.

"Those people." Meaning the other people in the next village down the road, over the hill, on the other bank of the river. I work with a very intelligent woman from Ecuador. She's a modern Inca woman in all ways, skin, nose, forehead and round face. If you ask her about Mexicans you'll find she doesn't like "those people''. She especially doesn't like Native Americans, "those other people". I've seen this pattern in the Algonquin peoples and the peoples around the Puget Sound.

I see the same behavior in the Slavs. My Belorussian ex wife of 16 years.

Fascism is tribalism used as a control mechanism by governments. It's not a system of government, it's a tool of a system of government. It's a tool used to divide by emphasizing the differences between people that are already in the heads of many. The western states are experts and using this tool to accomplish their aims. Your friends, the members of the militias that actually believe in what they're doing are tools. I believe that any person willing to take up arms against their neighbor at the behest of some distant individual for some vague reason, is a tool.

It's why I say Slavs are forever destined to be ruled by others. Being tribal makes you vulnerable to fascist mechanisms and those who use them. That is why I am so against Ukraines government currently.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:23 PM

What's going on with the population of Ukraine is hard to say. I notice that the birth rate is only 10.3 per 1000 though. That's not good.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...inking-ukraine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe