Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2019, 04:20 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Okay I cant convince you that high growth rate and all time high is a counter to your argument that its in a depression... then nothing can really because growth rate and absolute level are the 2 ways to measure an economy's performance.

The only region of the country with net emigration at all is the far east including the donbas. Hmmm must be Ukraine's fault there right?

You probably won't believe this either but right now the overall net emigration rate from Ukraine is zero. Any more fairy tales to push?

So far you are the only one ( as usual) who are pushing the fairy tales.

Meanwhile, this is the reality;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeLfdm8w2uw
[/LEFT]

"Hi guys, good afternoon. So as they say everything that has been promised has already taken place.

There has been slightly over a month since the new Parliament started operating and all the promises to arrest Poroshenko, Gontareva, Kononenko, Granovsky, Pashinsky are forgotten.

And forgotten in a way – you know how we used to hear it “It’s all IMF’s fault.”

“Why can’t we do this and that” - “Oh, it’s all IMF.”

Why can’t we put in jail Sternenko ( who is a known killer) “Oh, that must be all IMF’s fault.” ( Sarcasm)

So we came to the point that our country is completely run by the IMF.

As sad as I am, I have to admit, that we are completely under the external management. Because today’s agenda on the Parliament’s list was the creation of the Investigative Committee, looking into the activities of the National Bank and Deposit Guarantee Fund 2014-2019.

Hundreds of millions of grivnas – savings of the Ukrainian citizens, that were simply stolen, tons of stolen money with the help of currency manipulations, raided banks, looted assets, destroyed enterprises/factories, destroyed economy, and what’s more important – destroyed internal investors, because the money that could have been invested in business internally, into assets, in the development of our own enterprises, are simply stolen, annulled – whether because of incompetence or intentionally – that's what the Temporary Investigative Committee was supposed to look in. Who was stealing, when, and who and how was getting the kickbacks/profiting from it. Where did the money go from the National Bank and the Deposit Guarantee Fund exactly.

In essence, it’s one and the same corrupt criminal clique under Poroshenko; Poroshenko himself, Gontareva, Vorushilin. All these “business partners.”

But today during our fraction session ( Zelensky party “Servant of the People”) I learn that the voting for creation of such investigative committee is removed from agenda. Removed under the pretext that that IMF doesn’t want it. Think about it. The IMF demands from the President and his cabinet of the Parlamentary-Persidentail Republic to withdraw the investigation of its own National Bank, whose activities resulted in impoverishment of millions of Ukrainians. The activities, that in essence brought the destruction of millions of enterprises, big and small. Nonsense? But that’s what it is. And as much as the speaker of Parliament Razumkov can feel offended by my recent post in FB on a subject ( he informed me about these “consultations with IMF”)… Hey, don’t get offended, because sooner or later we’ll find ourselves in situation where we won’t need any longer either speaker Razumkov, or the Prime Minister Goncharuk, because what’s the need, when the IMF decides everything for us. And if everything is decided for us by the IMF, then the energy tariffs will go up tomorrow again, and our land will be sold, our ports will go under concession agreements, and so will our roads and our gas pipelines. Because the IMF “asked for it.”

Dear friends, until we understand that we have our own national interests, and these national interests should be based on justice and honesty, we are not going to move anywhere.

So I will continue raising this question. And until the creation of such investigative committee will be back on a ballot, they won’t get any break from me."

Last edited by erasure; 10-05-2019 at 05:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 05:07 PM

P.S. And now to add to the previous post regarding Sternenko, whom MP Dubinsky mentions in the beginning of his speech.

The whole of Ukraine ( well South-East of it to be more precise) is banging its collective head against the wall, questioning how the man, WHO KILLS SOMEONE DEFENSELESS WHILE STREAMING THE MURDER ON FB few years ago, is still walking free?

The explanation is pretty simple; Sergey Sternenko, who stubbed another man to death is a member of the ultra-right Right Sector mentioned before. So his file always "mysteriously" ends up in the SBU ( Security Service of Ukraine.)

While apparently his victim ( from Odessa) was not "patriotic Ukrainian" enough.

Only in "free and democratic" Ukraine.
Yep.

Last edited by erasure; 10-05-2019 at 05:50 PM..

Old 10-05-2019, 05:09 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
I'm supposed to understand the reality of Ukraine from opposition politicians? You'd think by now, you would understand they tend to be a wee bit biased. They don't get into power by saying yeah everything is great the way its run by our opponents.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I'm supposed to understand the reality of Ukraine from opposition politicians? You'd think by now, you would understand they tend to be a wee bit biased. They don't get into power by saying yeah everything is great the way its run by our opponents.

DKM, you still don't get it, do you?
A. Dubinskiy is NOT some "opposition politician" - not YET at least. He is currently the M.P of Ukrainian Rada, representing Zelensky's "Servant of the People" party.

More than that - he is the Deputy of the Chairman of "Finances, Taxation and Customs policies" committee.

It just happened to be so, that he is far more knowledgeable and savvy than a lot of rookies that Zelensky brought in parliament with him, and that can be easily fooled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRz5lQMw2Q

Old 10-06-2019, 12:54 PM

M-kay.

Hope Ze is watching, Moscow is watching, Donbass is watching, Washington is watching - everybody is watching.

This is Kiev today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnBXRKuOqNw

At 0:26 - "Ze was lying about the tariffs, Ze was lying about the Oligarchs, Ze was lying about the nepotism, Ze was lying that there would be no capitulation."

And then some more;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_3GcHxrWo

"Ze get out of the presidential office," "Ze is Putin's servant," "Ze is a coward." ( I see the lovely banners of the Right Sector in the midst of it all.)

Now what this is all about?
The *patriotic Ukrainians* are protesting against the "Steinmeier's formula the Moscow way."
To them this means "capitulation."
Donbass needs to be bombed into the ground - that's the only way, the right way.
I guess this scene gives Kurt Volker that warm and fuzzy feeling, as unfortunate as things turned out for him lately.

P.S. Oh, I hope that Frank Walter Steinmeier is watching it too, while suppressing the hiccups.

Last edited by erasure; 10-06-2019 at 01:09 PM..

Old 10-07-2019, 12:29 PM
DKM

Now you're supporting Poroshenko rallies. Interesting what politics does to people...

Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
M-kay.

Hope Ze is watching, Moscow is watching, Donbass is watching, Washington is watching - everybody is watching.

This is Kiev today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnBXRKuOqNw

At 0:26 - "Ze was lying about the tariffs, Ze was lying about the Oligarchs, Ze was lying about the nepotism, Ze was lying that there would be no capitulation."

And then some more;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_3GcHxrWo

"Ze get out of the presidential office," "Ze is Putin's servant," "Ze is a coward." ( I see the lovely banners of the Right Sector in the midst of it all.)

Now what this is all about?
The *patriotic Ukrainians* are protesting against the "Steinmeier's formula the Moscow way."
To them this means "capitulation."
Donbass needs to be bombed into the ground - that's the only way, the right way.
I guess this scene gives Kurt Volker that warm and fuzzy feeling, as unfortunate as things turned out for him lately.

P.S. Oh, I hope that Frank Walter Steinmeier is watching it too, while suppressing the hiccups.
Those people don't impress me. They don't think things through. That this mess happened at all is evidence of that. What alternative is there? The Donbass will not tolerate certain things and if needed they will fight on. Ukraine is not going to win because as Erasure pointed out long ago Russia will not allow it to lose.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Now you're supporting Poroshenko rallies. Interesting what politics does to people...

Eh?
What makes you think that I support Poroshenko rallies? Since when?

I was only asking whether everyone is paying attention at what's going on over there and why.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:17 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Eh?
What makes you think that I support Poroshenko rallies? Since when?

I was only asking whether everyone is paying attention at what's going on over there and why.
He was a featured speaker at that rally. The opposition in Ukraine is mostly against giving an inch to Russia's demands. There is another opposition which is the opposite (so Ze is in the middle) They are a vocal minority as these videos show. There is also some misinformation telling these people that Ze is giving away the Donbas or creating a situation there against Ukraine's interests. Its all wrong, but that's politics for you.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:21 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Those people don't impress me. They don't think things through. That this mess happened at all is evidence of that. What alternative is there? The Donbass will not tolerate certain things and if needed they will fight on. Ukraine is not going to win because as Erasure pointed out long ago Russia will not allow it to lose.
Correct, they are not thinking things through and perhaps allowing emotions to rule their thoughts. Not really a big surprise. They have to take into account the desires of the locals in Donbas. They can't trample on their rights either. There is no military solution because Russia won't allow Ukraine to win that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe