Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2019, 07:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But life in the corrupt state, run by the oligarchy with usual "одобрямс" as it is in Russia, sucks as well.
They are the same people, Russians and Ukrainians, so this should not surprise anybody especially you. Nobody is going to make these people give up their privileges. Ukraine doesn't even have a serious reformer running in the election next month. That speaks volumes. I think Poroshenko actually believes he can just join up with EU and NATO with things the way they are. Its sad really, the incompetence of the voting public. They will wait for Europe to force a reckoning? I have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they don't know any better and just assume government exists to make well connected people rich so accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 07:59 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They are the same people, Russians and Ukrainians, so this should not surprise anybody especially you. Nobody is going to make these people give up their privileges. Ukraine doesn't even have a serious reformer running in the election next month. That speaks volumes. I think Poroshenko actually believes he can just join up with EU and NATO with things the way they are. Its sad really, the incompetence of the voting public. They will wait for Europe to force a reckoning? I have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they don't know any better and just assume government exists to make well connected people rich so accept it.
What we can do DKM?

Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDdOBF0XWg

Old 02-14-2019, 08:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEd-TQveOw

Old 02-14-2019, 08:49 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
What we can do DKM?
Same as posledniy raz, revolutsia!

Old 02-14-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Same as posledniy raz, revolutsia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv_uacyms_w&t=163s

Old 02-14-2019, 09:07 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
I am watching/listening to bloggers/artists ("Квартал 95" in this case,) of the Eastern Ukraine, and it's obvious to me that Eastern Ukraine is culturally Russian through and through. They don't sound anything like Putin's camp, however they are no different from Boldyrev/Grudinin ( heck, even Navalny) camps.

WESTERN Ukrainians are more of a riddle to me, because a.) I come from a big city, and they seem to be more of the rural mentality, and b.) I don't understand their logic, ( if they have any, ) because their convictions don't seem to have any logic - they seem to be rooted in some established beliefs.
But one thing that I do understand, is that they have a deep-seated contempt and distrust for the "Easterners," if not to say downright hatred.

So everything goes back to the square one; the East ( which is more educated and intelligent - after all it's the industrial part of the country) understands that the country is in dire straights ( again) and would like to have its own representative to fix the problems.

But this representative will simply not be acceptable to the West, no matter what ( as it has been before.)

This is the latest example; Zelensky ( after his official announcement to run for presidency) arrives to Lvov with his charitable concert.

The "Ukrainian patriots" are already there, right in his face, with threats and accusations. In THEIR opinion, he has no say, and even less so - to run as any candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXbzerMeAo

I am listening to different opinions about him ( that he is Kolomoysky's man including,) but this doesn't give ANY right to these people to treat him the way they do. But apparently even the idea that he might put an end to the war in Donbass is driving them nuts.

Last edited by erasure; 02-14-2019 at 09:27 PM..

Old 02-14-2019, 09:59 PM

Cjl=lirts yfvb

Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But life in the corrupt state, run by the oligarchy with usual "одобрямс" as it is in Russia, sucks as well.
But can this point a little more? What exactly sucks? About corruption, even funny, rubber stamp from stamps.If something is called lobbying interests, it does not cease to be corruption. )))

Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Cjl=lirts yfvb

Have no idea what that suppose to mean, but listen to THIS;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQr5MXBD0M

To put it in plain English - the plot thickens.
For English speakers, the background of this particular presidential candidate in Ukraine, who is currently leading the polls.

He is a comedian/actor ( yes, quite talented at that.)
The regular comedy show ( mostly on political themes) that he created is not the only source of his popularity. The major source of his popularity was/is the TV serial "Servant of the People." Quoting Wikipedia -

"The show tells the story of Vasyl Petrovych Holoborodko (Volodymyr Zelensky), a thirty-something high school history teacher who wins election to the presidency of Ukraine after a viral video shows him ranting against government corruption in Ukraine.[1][2][3]"

So what this gal is talking about, is that under the current circumstances ( Zelensky is ten point ahead of Poroshenko and the rest) his planned new episode of the popular TV serial that should come on the TV screens in march, will be regarded by the authorities as... ( drum roll) PART OF HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, and therefore should be paid from his election fund.
And since the show is apparently very popular in Ukraine, and usually broadcasted during the prime time, you can imagine the price of the "advertisement" they demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe