Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
How does the Russian understanding combine the tragic death and Glory of Ukraine?
Ask a Russian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 01:39 PM

16 posts, read 8,334 times
Quote:
It is important, he says, to inculcate the nation's youth with nationalist thought, so they can battle Vladimir Putin's Russia as well as "challenges that could completely destroy" European civilization.

Among those challenges: LGBT rights, which lecturers denounce as a sign of Western decadence.

https://www.idahopress.com/news/worl...8652ce47a.html

I don't know what to say - I have respect for Putin and Russia and their nationalistic ideals, but It does warm my heart to hear the Ukrainians are standing up to outside Bolshevik trash.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So just what is happening with the gas situation in Ukraine? According to this article Krivoy Rogs utilities cannot pay for the gas provided so they are cut off by Neftogas.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2018/11/12/7197956/

No problems elsewhere?
Any business behind on its bills will have issues receiving gas. This may be happening because the transparency being introduced to Naftogas' procurement and delivery. Sounds like they found the money and turned it back on yesterday so I guess you're wrong about them not being able to pay.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:31 AM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
So just what is happening with the gas situation in Ukraine? According to this article Krivoy Rogs utilities cannot pay for the gas provided so they are cut off by Neftogas.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2018/11/12/7197956/

No problems elsewhere?
The mayor of Krivoy Rog is a pro-Russian politician, a friend of president-traitor Yanukovych, and a corrupt official involved in the rigging of elections for the mayor of the city. Не cannot effectively manage the city.

Quote:
Ask a Russian.
I ask you, Kremlin Troll.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 PM

There is a little more to the story than others let on.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aqcKn_1542224829

I guess people are so poor they can't afford the pay the increased gas costs the IMF wants.

Wadym. Go make me drink and we can talk about it.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
There is a little more to the story than others let on.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aqcKn_1542224829

I guess people are so poor they can't afford the pay the increased gas costs the IMF wants.

Wadym. Go make me drink and we can talk about it.
Yeah, I was watching the news on recent elections in Donbass, and from 3:35 they mentioned the whole heating problem in Ukraine, while showing toasty warm buildings( child cares, hospitals, appartments) in Donbass.
This is the kind of "EU association deal" that Yanukovitch refused to sign.
He perfectly understood what was offered to him in the "package," he understood the "European prices" ( on energy) with Ukrainian salaries among other things, and said "thanks but no thanks."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szp47Djr2xs&t=61s

Old 11-19-2018, 02:00 PM
DKM

The Russian information war began in late 2013. To prepare Ukrainians for the change in direction from associating with Europe (even though a campaign promise of the president was to sign the pact) they were told many awful lies about being in Europe. One particular memory I have watching Russian language news about 5 years ago was a segment showing how high prices were in Poland and the Baltics and that people there were supposedly poorer than in Russia and even Ukraine once prices were accounted for. Anyone who has been to both knew this to be false but that wasn't the target audience.

I remember it clearly because it was the first time I realized Russian news as a production of lies to keep Russian speakers ignorant about life in the democractic west. It felt like what I read about USSR news was like. It wasn't much later than that the Euromaidan started...

As for gas, its still below market price but its true that Ukraine no longer enjoys the lowest gas price in the world. That is probably a good thing because just 5 years ago Ukraine was the least efficient gas consumer in the world. Subsidized Russian gas was a large source of corruption and instability in Ukraine during the pre-revolutionary period. They can reduce usage and stay warm like the rest of Europe and already have moved a lot in this direction.

The Donbass is turning into the next Transnistria. Depopulation and poverty are expected to continue.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:02 PM

Well I suppose the vids of people rioting at local government offices and taking over boiler houses in cities is a Russian propaganda production?

Seems pretty realistic to me, unless the Russians have greatly improved their cinematics.

There's something about gas being cut off when an establishment falls arrears in payments by 10%. It has been changed. Gas will not be cut off off now unless the amount in arrears is 40% or more.

This is affecting hospitals, schools, public buildings and people's homes. It is wide spread in Ukraine currently.

Russian propaganda is not freezing people out.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:27 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Well I suppose the vids of people rioting at local government offices and taking over boiler houses in cities is a Russian propaganda production?

Seems pretty realistic to me, unless the Russians have greatly improved their cinematics.

There's something about gas being cut off when an establishment falls arrears in payments by 10%. It has been changed. Gas will not be cut off off now unless the amount in arrears is 40% or more.

This is affecting hospitals, schools, public buildings and people's homes. It is wide spread in Ukraine currently.

Russian propaganda is not freezing people out.
From what I hear, 22 cities are experiencing shortages - i.e. they have no heat in buildings. ( And yes - that means hospitals and schools too.)
Not sure whether most of them are in the Eastern part of Ukraine or not.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:55 AM
DKM

I try to understand why you are focused on a non-issue in Ukraine, but then I check Russian news and they are hyping up a "gas crisis" in Ukraine. Complete with journalists interviewing a "random" Ukrainian on the street. This is where the term Fake news came from, when Russians manufactured a negative news event in Ukraine that isn't happening. Sorry guys, but nobody west of Donetsk is buying the attempts to discredit Ukraine. Not that I expect you to stop trying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe