Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,897 times

Advertisements

"Russia and the West sought to draw a provisional line under the Ukraine crisis on Tuesday after major industrialised nations warned Moscow of tougher economic sanctions if it goes beyond the seizure of Crimea."

"After scoffing at a decision by the United States and its allies to boycott a planned Group of Eight summit in Sochi and hold a G7 summit instead without Russia, the Kremlin said it was keen to maintain contact with G8 partners."

Read more: West, Russia signal line drawn in Ukraine crisis - chicagotribune.com

Money talks.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-26-2014 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Don't detach yourself from common sense, comrade. You hate USA, I got it, but please make that hatred reasonable at least. Yup, Washington kept an eye who would control what plant and what racketeer gang would amass the largest "starting capital" , what corrupt official would take in the most bribes, what soviet director have "what it takes" to privatize his own plant, and what director is killed or otherwise removed from the trough.

Russians, hungry for consumer goods, wanted capitalism bad. That's not Washington fault. Russians were blinded with their eagerness and they would allow just about anything in the name of the "bright market future", hell, 70 years ago, Russians killed millions of their own in the name of the "bright communist future". Russian sacrifice in the name of "free market" was quite modest compared to that. Of course, it takes more than blind faith, traditional Russian apathy and lack of civil mechanisms (other than bribes) to affect the decisions of the people in power resulted in the monstrosity of the criminal Russian capitalism.

I think you are alluding to the voucher privatization scheme suggested by the American advisers. Russians eagerly accepted the idea, but of course it's Washington' fault. The idea wouldn't be terribly bad if not for the total corruption and criminalization of the Russian state/economy as well as lack of democratic mechanisms to affect government decisions on all levels (forgive me for the use of "democratic" in reference to Russia, I know how much Russian people hate this word). Naturally, the most corrupt and dishonest capitalized on the voucher' scheme the most, but it's not Washington fault, sorry. I clearly remember 20 years old sentiments, people believed in the miracle of the private ownership setting the economy straight, they were more than willing to overlook injustice here and there in the name of the bright market future, most people sold their vouchers for a bottle of vodka or two, but it's Washington' fault. Unfortunately, injustices just snowballed from there. Blame the West, it's so much safer and you don't have to do/sacrifice anything, the Fuhrer would lead you in the battle with evil.
I think that when it's coming to hatred - you are obviously seething with it when it comes to Russia.
Me - I am a more pragmatic person, so I'm pointing at lethal mistake that the US made back in the nineties and the time to pay for it is knocking at the door.
Besides, I've already posted a proof of direct ( and very negative) involvement of the US in internal Russian affairs. I've posted it many times before actually, plenty of it.
You on another hand can't back up any of your statements, so as usual you are full of hot air and your hatred towards Russia. Which doesn't help much in discussion, really.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Erasure,

To be fair, your posts and statements are very one sided. You'd justify anything Russia is doing, right or wrong.

You'd never address and "correct" any statements made by (pro)Russian posters on this thread, as nonsensical or wrong as they may be, even if they contradict yours.

No (history) lessons for (pro)Russian posters?

Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
"Russia and the West sought to draw a provisional line under the Ukraine crisis on Tuesday after major industrialised nations warned Moscow of tougher economic sanctions if it goes beyond the seizure of Crimea."

"After scoffing at a decision by the United States and its allies to boycott a planned Group of Eight summit in Sochi and hold a G7 summit instead without Russia, the Kremlin said it was keen to maintain contact with G8 partners."

"Moscow made two conciliatory gestures on Monday as its deputy economy minister said up to $70 billion in capital may have fled his country in the first quarter of the year."

"Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met his Ukrainian counterpart Andriy Deshchytsia for the first time on the sidelines of a nuclear safety summit in The Hague, even though Russia does not recognise the Kiev government."

West, Russia signal line drawn in Ukraine crisis - chicagotribune.com

Money talks.
Of course they do. That's precisely the point that I'm trying to bring across, so
you are missing out on something else in your news -

"Russian shares and the rouble rose moderately on Tuesday on the absence of new G7 sanctions.
The crisis is also taking a toll in Western Europe. German business morale dropped for the first time in five months in March as firms in Europe's largest economy began to worry that a standoff with Russia and further sanctions over Ukraine would hurt them in a key market, the Munich-based Ifo institute said."

West, Russia signal line drawn in Ukraine crisis | Reuters

Besides, there is something else Western media is avoiding to report - namely these words of Lavrov on G8;

"Russia is not clinging to the G8 format, as all major world problems can be discussed at other international venues such as G20, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
“The G8 is an informal club, no one gives out membership cards and no one can expel members,” Lavrov told a media conference at the Hague. “If our Western partners believe that this format has exhausted itself, let it be. We are not clinging to it.”
He went on to say that many believe that the G8 has already fulfilled its mission as many issues are now discussed at the G20 forum.
“Generally speaking, there are also other formats for considering many questions, including the UN Security Council, the Middle East Quartet and the P5+1 on the Iranian nuclear problem,” Lavrov told journalists"

http://rt.com/news/lavrov-g8-crimea-kerry-933/

So as I've said it was a big mistake of the West ( and U in particular) first to feed to corruption in Russia and then to plug this corrupted entity into Western banking system.

You shake hands with the devil you invite devil in your own house.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
you are missing out on something else in your news
I'm not missing on anything.

I'm just like you: Manipulating data and posting only things that suit my beliefs/point of view.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-25-2014 at 10:35 AM..

Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,587,635 times
Quote:
"The West turned into complete compulsive lair, because its actions towards the third world are nonpunishable and unrestricted by anything.
If we are to consider that the West gave up its "collective" colonial empire in the local hands not so long time ago (many of those locals are eager to rob and steal as few Westerner could, btw), if we are consider that the evil West applied pressure only to a handful of the third world countries (compared to the hundreds out there), Russian imperial demagoguery is just that - BS. Especially, considering that Russia and China would support just about anybody, no matter their deeds, in the name of their holy war with the West.

Quote:
The interest of ethnic groups, regions and ruling classes, their desire to coexist together - that's what should define these borders, not just the recognition of the U.N. and bureaucracy that's interested in controlling the biggest possible number of the subjects.
I already bought pop corn and I'm about to sit and watch disintegration of the Russian Federation as oil supplies dwindle. Because Putin just undermined his own country' integrity with Crimean blitzkrieg and hypocrisy. BTW, what about Chechnya, comrade, why kill 150,000 people if The interest of ethnic groups, regions and ruling classes, their desire to coexist together - that's what should define these borders?

Quote:
The disintegration of Ukraine during the independence didn't subside, it became only deeper, and the most important part of it was the fragmentation of economy. The regions are not interconnected by the same economic management, their economic branches differ greatly and with it differs the demand for system of education, orientation on external markets prevails over domestic markets, the trading partners are opposite to each other.
So there was disintegration of the Soviet Ukraine too? The same economic management, and the rest of lingo, somebody dusted Soviet era' political economy books? You type outrageous nonsense that implies existent of command and control economy, even then I cannot imagine "command & control" economy that could fit the concoction of nonsense above.

Quote:
The "cultural" differences of the population are cultivated by political windbags according to the orders of the financial backers and reflect the opposite economic interests of general population and oligarchs.
"Cultural differences" are a crock of BS. Global urban culture is very uniform. If I'll ask you to itemize "cultural" differences between urban dwellers in Donetsk, Lvov and New York, you'd fry your circuits, there are so few of those. Let me help you.

1. Career. 2. Money/Status. 3. Entertainment. 4. Minimum of "non-productive" demands on the life of an urbanite affecting 1, 2 and 3.

Here comes problem #1 of Ukraine. Most of Ukrainians know Russian language (it's a useful survival tool in the urban environment) but most of the Russian and Russian speaking Ukrainians in the East don't think they need Ukrainian language to make money and climb the ladder, and of course some believe that Ukrainian language is subhuman anyway. Thus, very modest penetration of Ukrainian language in government and education is considered to be "sacrilegious" in they eyes of the thoroughly globalized (culturally) urban Eastern Ukrainian mass. After all, only economic coercion is a legitimate kind of coercion in the eyes of the uniform global culture since it may boost 1, 2 and 3.

Quote:
In our situation of economic and military dependence on Russia and Europe, the stability of our state is possible only in case of established balance of the interests of these both sides.
Since I doubt that mysterious West would annex Lvov, why don't you put your "ideas" in simple and honest words like: "The stability and integrity of Ukraine is possibly only in case of sufficient bending over to the Russian demands". Simple and honest.

Quote:
As soon as Europe and the US decided that they can elbow Russia out
Elbowing a corrupt President who was destroying the country = elbowing Russia out. Ok, it's really silly, a person like yourself don't think that Ukraine should exist anyway. So bowing down to your kind wouldn't do Ukraine any good. Even total vassalage preserving token elements of "independence" could become "elbowing Russia out" at some point.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Besides, there is something else Western media is avoiding to report - namely these words of Lavrov on G8;

"Russia is not clinging to the G8 format, as all major world problems can be discussed at other international venues such as G20, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
“The G8 is an informal club, no one gives out membership cards and no one can expel members,†Lavrov told a media conference at the Hague. “If our Western partners believe that this format has exhausted itself, let it be. We are not clinging to it.â€
He went on to say that many believe that the G8 has already fulfilled its mission as many issues are now discussed at the G20 forum.
“Generally speaking, there are also other formats for considering many questions, including the UN Security Council, the Middle East Quartet and the P5+1 on the Iranian nuclear problem,†Lavrov told journalists"

Russia not clinging to G8 if West does not want it ? Russian FM ? RT News
You think, I should really worry about what Lavrov (or Putin) says (publicly)?

Looks like you do.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:58 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Whatever the Ukrainians do, they should not vote for Timoshenko. They said on the news today that according to a leaked telephone call she said pretty nasty things that a potential president just can't say and that will only make the rift in Ukraine deeper as they feed the Russians'd distrust of Kiev.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM

435 posts, read 420,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Whatever the Ukrainians do, they should not vote for Timoshenko. They said on the news today that according to a leaked telephone call she said pretty nasty things that a potential president just can't say and that will only make the rift in Ukraine deeper as they feed the Russians'd distrust of Kiev.
Unfortunately it now strong candidate for president.
And still we have a version that it very much helped that that Russia received both the Crimea, and the southeast of Ukraine.
I understood earlier that our parliament gave the Crimea voluntary, there were no orders for military, and all councils were carried out secretly, at night. Today voted for resignation of the Minister of Defence Tenyukh, today the representative of parliament in the Crimea from Ukraine also resigned.
It not just like that.
I start trusting already that Tymoshenko so wants to be a president that gave "the South and the East of Ukraine" because there the electorate won't support her.
So all of them play destinies of millions Ukrainians in regions to receive places in parliament or to become the president.

Many political scientists already call it high treason to Ukraine, but their words unfortunately mean nothing.
Thus probably in Ukraine there will be only a center and the West... Very much now to it it is similar.
But the West too 100% won't support never Tymoshenko.
That it will be we do-will see.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Erasure,

To be fair, your posts and statements are very one sided. You'd justify anything Russia is doing, right or wrong.
To me it's not about "right or wrong" any longer - I simply follow logically the outcome of things that took place earlier.

Quote:
You'd never address and "correct" any statements made by (pro)Russian posters on this thread, as nonsensical or wrong as they may be, even if they contradict yours.
Like who? Grey Karast you mean?
I gave up reading his posts long time ago - I don't understand his English and same goes to "From Ukraine." I skip reading all those posts all together, because I rarely can figure them out))))

Quote:
No (history) lessons for (pro)Russian posters?
What lessons are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe