Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,620,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So you would be fine with Germany reclaiming Kaliningrad?
Kaliningrad was given the contract for the damage the Soviet Union after World War 2. Plus Russian city was developed a long time. It is definitely a demand that the U.S. Alaska. Why do we need it back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Pay attention ladies and gentlemen to this sentence. Russian Nazi (and unfortunately moderates too) believe they are somehow more "pure" and more "legitimate" descendants of the obscure tribes that vanished 1100 years ago in the swamps and forests of the Eastern Europe. It's very similar to the Germans believing they are the only true descendats of the Arians. The most ignorant Russian Nazi just extrapolate history of the Russian state 1000 years backwards, postulating that Russian state existed 1100 years ago and it gradually evolved in the modern Russian state, every other Eastern European nationality is just a breakaway piece (if not a traitor) to this main stream development of the Russian spirit. This idiotic, anti-historical belief is not that much different from the one Adolf used to excite German masses, also it's very widespread. History is a weapon in the hands of Empire, and this Imperial weapon inflicted serious damage to the Russian psyche.

Also, comrade, Kievan Rus never built cities in Crimea. A small area of Crimea (populated by indigenous tribes) was controlled by Chernigov rulers as well as by whatever outcast who could hold on power there. Chernigov is a city in Ukraine. Why it's not "Ukrainians" who were there in the 9th century then? There was no Ukrainians at the time, but heck, if you can invent "Russians" living in the 9th century, why not Ukrainians?
ask any person whose is in Crimea region. Crimea is the cradle of Russian Orthodoxy in Russia. As well as the Jerusalem of the Hebrews.
I am not a nationalist. Why I love Russia!Crimea was important for Russia and even always my region was in such danger because of the Crimea.
During the Crimean War. Defending the Crimea, Russia could lose the Russian Far East. So it was for that fight.So anyway Crimea played an important role in Russian history

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-24-2014 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM

435 posts, read 421,034 times
By the way about Tatars: they already have the official statute of indigenous people of the Crimea. At the end of March meeting of Tatars where they will discuss the right for self-determination will take place. All this is very closely connected with Turkey and it will be a surprise for Russians as Dzhemilev declared.
They will demand creation of the Muslim state in the Crimea probably.
And if to remember still the international arrangements, Turkey gave to Russia the Crimea after the Russian-Turkish war, but with one condition. You know what it there were conditions, companions "the Russian historians"?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
you need proof that Kievan Rus is Russian land or that Ukrainians is Russian? funny, but it is known to all but you.
Ukraine is the Russian land if we mean by that an adjective derived from the noun "Rus", "Rus" - "Russian", simple. Ukraine is not Russian land if we mean by that "Russian state" a geo-political entity that mushroomed around Moscow Principality starting in 14th century. The entity that "privatized" the brand "Rus" and invented fake lineage of power succession, fake history, that are supposed to justify the Russian state grabbing the lands associated with Kievan Rus forever and ever.

Kievan Rus is the name for a loose confederation of mostly Slavic tribes paying tribute to a "boss" ruler-knyaz residing in Kiev, all lesser rulers were supposed to be vassals of Kiev' Knyaz, but, practically speaking, it was almost never the case. Kievan Rus ceased to exist almost 900 years ago. Ironically, it's Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky of Vladimir sacked Kiev in 1169, completely destroyed and plundered the city, drowned that city in blood and then just withdrew without claiming possession and "seniority". It was a "political" message of a sort, North Western Rus principalities needed no stinky blessing of Kiev' Knyaz' to settle their succession and power matters. Yet, 900 year later, Russia (i.e. NW Rus) claim it's one and the only true & pure descendant of Kievan Rus.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-24-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
By the way about Tatars: they already have the official statute of indigenous people of the Crimea. At the end of March meeting of Tatars where they will discuss the right for self-determination will take place. All this is very closely connected with Turkey and it will be a surprise for Russians as Dzhemilev declared.
They will demand creation of the Muslim state in the Crimea probably.
And if to remember still the international arrangements, Turkey gave to Russia the Crimea after the Russian-Turkish war, but with one condition. You know what it there were conditions, companions "the Russian historians"?
Crimea Turkey not long owned the Crimea. Most of all they owned Byzantium. Russia connected with Byzantium. Yes, all have equal rights, in contrast to the Western Ukraine.Do you know how many thousands of years threaten Russia?And where are they?We are strong in unity, we will stay by them.Why you do not like their historical homeland?You nationalist How do you think Europe wants to see nationalists in Europe?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Ukraine is the Russian land if we mean by that an adjective derived from the noun "Rus", "Rus" - "Russian", simple. Ukraine is not Russian land if we mean by that "Russian state" a geo-political entity that mushroomed around Moscow Principality starting in 14th century. The entity that "privatized" the brand "Rus" and invented fake lineage of power succession, fake history period, that is supposed to justify the Russian state grabbing the lands associated with Kievan Rus forever and ever.

Kievan Rus is name for a loose confederation of mostly Slavic tribes paying tribute to a "boss" ruler-knyaz residing in Kiev, all lesser rulers were supposed to be vassals of Kiev' Knyaz, but, practically speaking, it was almost never the case. Kievan Rus ceased to exist almost 900 years ago. Ironically, it's Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky of Vladimir sacked Kiev in 1169, completely destroyed and plundered the city, drowned that city in blood and just withdrew without claiming possession. It was a "political" message of a sort, North Western Rus principalities needed no stinky blessing of Kiev' Knyaz' to settle their succession and power matters. Yet, 900 year later, Russia (i.e. NW Rus) claim it's one and the only true & pure descendant of Kievan Rus.
You know Yaroslav the Wise? In Russia, there was plenty of Ukraine. Since Ukraine is Russian border zone. So you are far from the truth. Who are the Ukrainians? Ukrainians Why are they called?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Crimea Turkey not long owned the Crimea. Most of all they owned Byzantium. Russia connected with Byzantium. Yes, all have equal rights, in contrast to the Western Ukraine.Do you know how many thousands of years threaten Russia?And where are they?We are strong in unity, we will stay by them.Why you do not like their historical homeland?You nationalist How do you think Europe wants to see nationalists in Europe?
why you answer all my questions (now a question of the Crimean khanate, of the Crimea and Tatars) to those that I am a nationalist and what nobody wants to see me in Europe? )

You, Russians, surprisingly stubborn people. Why you then didn't answer here about that that to the USA - the deadly enemy of Russia?: )

Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
why you answer all my questions (now a question of the Crimean khanate, of the Crimea and Tatars) to those that I am a nationalist and what nobody wants to see me in Europe? )

You, Russians, surprisingly stubborn people. Why you then didn't answer here about that that to the USA - the deadly enemy of Russia?: )
I have asked you a nationalist or not?I do not understand the question about the United States. And here we are talking about the future of Ukraine.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You know Yaroslav the Wise? In Russia, there was plenty of Ukraine. Since Ukraine is Russian border zone. So you are far from the truth. Who are the Ukrainians? Ukrainians Why are they called?
For you we are descendants of "Zaporozhskaya sech"
But such Ukrainians weren't pleasant to Katerina.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I have asked you a nationalist or not?
I already many times said that generally I am indifferent to policy. But I have a moderate patriotism, and all of us were involved in it now. I love Ukraine also as well as you love Russia.
Who means all of us here "nationalists" speaks about the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe