Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 04:13 PM

435 posts, read 420,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
What about the part of Western Ukraine from Poland who joined Stalin? or all of the eastern and southern part of who joined Lenin from Russia?Write later, I need to work, unlike you
Come to the Carpathians and give this lecture on history to "Banderovites"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 04:38 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,506 times
It looks like Ukraine is a loss, or at least krim,
better cut the losses and put up an iron curtain, for my own part I hope Sweden starts making more efforts to join NATO soon we're already taking part in nato exercises, intelligence work and do missions with other nato countries...

Point is no matter if the russians have reasons or not (which the basically don't, the occupation on krim is completely unjustified and unprovoked), the lesser the Russian influence, the better that part of Europe is.

If they're so worried about the russians living in ukraine, then why not offer them asylum to come back to Russia instead of occupying a sovereign nation? Putins imperial dreams is why. 4th Reich much? Seriously Putin is todays Adolf Hitler. he started out small too, just "reclaiming some territories that "should be ours"" in the late 1930s.
Also had his own "prestige olympics"
Also had his own Mob... large military expansions, the list goes on and on.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: Bashing

Old 03-23-2014, 09:22 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
It looks like Ukraine is a loss, or at least krim,
better cut the losses and put up an iron curtain, for my own part I hope Sweden starts making more efforts to join NATO soon we're already taking part in nato exercises, intelligence work and do missions with other nato countries...

Point is no matter if the russians have reasons or not (which the basically don't, the occupation on krim is completely unjustified and unprovoked), the lesser the Russian influence, the better that part of Europe is.

If they're so worried about the russians living in ukraine, then why not offer them asylum to come back to Russia instead of occupying a sovereign nation?
Putins imperial dreams is why. 4th Reich much? Seriously Putin is todays Adolf Hitler. he started out small too, just "reclaiming some territories that "should be ours"" in the late 1930s.
Also had his own "prestige olympics"
Also had his own Mob... large military expansions, the list goes on and on.
You do not know anything about Ukraine and Russia, but compare them to the 3rd Reich.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-24-2014 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Nice parroting of the official propaganda lines of the Russian czars who declared themselves to be in charge of one and the only "true" Russians to legitimate their power and land grabs.
It is a myth that there is a "true" Slavs and all the rest. People do not think so.

Quote:
At the time of Kievan Rus', Moscow area (as well as most of NW Russia) was sparsely populated by Finnish tribes area sprinkled with a few Slavic settlers.
Slavs are very actively engaged in the north-eastern lands. There quickly formed large cities (Rostov, Suzdal, etc.) Occurred peaceful assimilation of the Slavs with the Finno-Ugric tribes.

Quote:
1000 years later, Kiev magically shifted "to the edge" of Russia, the entity that didn't even exist before Moscow rulers used Golden Horde military might to start absorbing other NW Rus principalities.
Do not touch the Golden Horde. Modern scientists in describing the events of that time used a lot of lies. We should just accept the fact that Kiev has lost the status of the capital after the Mongol invasion.

Quote:
Kievan Rus was never a monolithic nation, there was no Kievan Rus ethnicity.
Yes, but the state language was Slavic language.

Quote:
Confederation consisted of many semi-isolated, barely related tribes (some of those were not even Slavic).
We need to define what you mean by "related".

Quote:
Moscovites declared themselves to be one and the only true descendants of Kievan Rus, later on they stole the brand "Rus" and "Russians" all to themselves, declaring all the others Eastern Slavs "spoiled" by foreign influences and itching to reunite with Mother Russia brand Moscovites created.
This is your imagination. Probably, brand "Rus" came from Great Novgorod. Precise data on the origin of the word "Rus" does not exist.
"Spoiled" Slavs did not exist. Enough to invent.

Quote:
A nation that invents its rootsand uses that make up history to justify its domination over other nations is doomed, since it has no roots, just force fed propaganda called to excite chauvinistic masses.
I totally agree. I just do not understand why you wrote it about Russia.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-23-2014 at 10:10 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 PM

199 posts, read 336,469 times
It looks like pro-Russian supporters in Donetsk are protesting to join Russia. Eastern/Southeastern Ukraine may end up like Crimea, and there are Russian troops close to the Ukraine border who are ready to make a move if ordered. There's no way Ukraine can stop its larger neighbor (Russia) at this point without outside assistance.

Other countries should take a lesson from this and be mindful of their own growing minority populations.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:12 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
It looks like pro-Russian supporters in Donetsk are protesting to join Russia. Eastern/Southeastern Ukraine may end up like Crimea, and there are Russian troops close to the Ukraine border who are ready to make a move if ordered. There's no way Ukraine can stop its larger neighbor (Russia) at this point without outside assistance.

Other countries should take a lesson from this and be mindful of their own growing minority populations.
Which troops near the border of Ukraine you say? Can you show us? Are you talking about Ukrainian military?

Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post

From what I've heard, these regions don't necessarily want to join Russia but they want more independence - i.e. federalization of Ukraine. And from what I remember, that's what Putin outlined for the new Kiev's government among other things - federalization.
Whether the new government will accept this idea or not remains to be seeing, but with IMF setting its sight on Eastern Ukraine's industry ( planning to transfer the ownership of it to European companies) I don't see that Kiev will agree to that. And this, of course, might create the new problem/pretext for Russian invasion.

P.S. I've already explained to you that there was no "growing minority population" in Ukraine - Eastern/Southern parts of it are simply a transitional area, where Ukraine transforms into Russia. That's why even Ukrainian language sounds as close to Russian there as it gets and quite a few ethnic Ukrainians already speak Russian even at home.

Last edited by erasure; 03-23-2014 at 10:30 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 10:29 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Which troops near the border of Ukraine you say? Can you show us? Are you talking about Ukrainian military?
According to reports, Russia has brought a sizable amount of troops to Ukrainian border.

NATO: Russia Has 'Sizeable' And 'Very, Very Ready' Forces At Ukraine Border

Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
To my regret military operations in Russia don't allow parliament to begin economic reforms really.
Also we can't obtain the international credits yet the border of Ukraine is defined.
You by the way know that losses of your country are estimated already in 100 billion dollars, and it in 3 weeks of intervention?

Therefore we are compelled to wait while at Russia money for occupation of Ukraine will end: ) For this reason me now Russia interests even more than Ukraine.
How do you take all these numbers? 100 billion dollars in 3 weeks? You probably do not understand what you are saying. Funny, you slackers and losers, so you can not lift the economy of Ukraine and you 'll always blame their failures Russia? get help with $ 1.5 billion? funny, lol you get a loan giving all its national heritage and industry the American company. remember as you say that I am talking nonsense and do not understand the economy? but facts are facts. All I'm saying is happening today. EU and Ukraine will not be. I warned you that no one taxpayer EU will not give money to Ukraine. For Europe, Ukraine is a burden and a threat to national security because of the nationalists. If the EU is to choose with whom to have a business, it will be Russia nor Ukraine.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
According to reports, Russia has brought a sizable amount of troops to Ukrainian border.

NATO: Russia Has 'Sizeable' And 'Very, Very Ready' Forces At Ukraine Border
Thanks for the article! It lies! Another 2 days ago Ukrainian and American observers conducted a reconnaissance flight in Russia and along the border with Ukraine. I saw an interview with Ukrainian observer and his plane.

Íàä Ðîññèåé íà Àí-30 ïðîëåòåëè 16 óêðàèíñêèõ íàáëþäàòåëåé // ÍÒÂ.Ru

perhaps such news shows here in the west?

http://smartnews.ru/regions/omsk/16861.html

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-23-2014 at 10:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe