Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,564 times

Advertisements

why do you deny the most important thing? U.S. involvement in the conflict.
Funny but Iraq, Libya, Syria,Yugoslavia, Ukraine have in common - all the rulers were accused of genocide by the U.S.
I do not like Wikipedia, but in any case, here is the chronicle of events. So where Russia in them? Enough Hypocrite and do not need to accuse Russia of their sins.
maidan wants to return to the Constitution of 2004. The fact that this year's Orange Revolution took place that are as funded and developed the United States and established the post of the governor of Ukraine. -Yushchenko

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%E1%...4_%E3%EE%E4%E0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 PM

Военная тайна с Игорем Прокопенко (17.03.2014) - YouTube

Old 03-22-2014, 03:53 AM

Find 10 differences Leaflets with Egypt and Ukraine. Interesting similarity is not it?
U.S. agents did not even wasting time to change.
Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-.jpg  

Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
To throw accusations toward Russia. We need to start from the beginning of the conflict. How it started, who started it and why? Interesting, but Russia this time not on the field in the game. It will appear much later in contrast to the nationalists and the United States.
Well yes I will agree.......two sides to every story. My humble opinion..keep in mind I belong to the 'West.
I will try not to rambel all over the place. If I do I apologise. just some key points in my estimation and then I will listen to all who have particpated here with some some very good commentary on this serious situation in this apparent battle of geopolitics between East and the 'hated' West.

The history of Soviet intervention in Eastern and Central Europe post-war is one of absolute success and according to Putin abject disaster. What do we take from that? That for the most part peoples in some countries within the USSR flatly rejected the 'Russian' way and chose to align themselves to the West. An ideological win? Most probably. So there we have Putin looking at the wreckage which he admits to. Russia, in a sesne , lost that initial chess game.

What can he do then? Of course, resurrect 'Russian' dormant pride and the concept of 'Motherland' shown in that brown and orange which is now on the lapels of those who will die for Russia in its battles wherever they are coming from. The rapidity of his unilateral annexation of the Crimea seems to overthrow all that defeatism living in modern day Russian society. There is much 'glory' now. There is dancing in the streets.

My own opinion on this is this is all built on a great psychological weakness in the Russian state. They are furous that their 'own' are leaving the womb for the West. The rejection must be astounding. But Mr. Putin apparently has drawn the line and he will use force to get it. He is now determined not to let the west get their way. So....

Now troops in Crimea and a much more stronger presence now on the Black Sea gives Mr. Putin a little more leeway to play in the southern regions of Ukraine perhaps in a scenario one day to cut the country off from the sea if she continues on this path opposite the way Russia feels it should go. Militarily it gives him a great windown to open up Ukraine like a tin can. Fantasy? I don't think so. Mr. Putin has shown he is unpredictable. Not something European countries and the US countries like to see from apparently a 'great' country in the world. Hopefully, some sort of 'detente' (if that can be a word that could exist say in US-Russian relations anymore) could be constructed so all this doesn't become a runaway train hurtling to destruction off the tracks.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times
Putin's speech about Ukraine and Crimean reunification with Russia
Putin's full speech to the Russian Federal Assembly (with English translation and transcript) -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Old 03-22-2014, 02:47 PM

199 posts, read 336,594 times
Putin said in a recent speech that he's not interested in taking other parts of Ukraine, but somehow I don't think this is true.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,587,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I don't know about you all, but I suddenly have a bad feeling - all those events from last autumn on have been going from bad to worse and it seems there is no one on either side to try and calm down the "game"-. It seems to me that a lot of people for a score of different reasons are eager at confrontation, and calm and reasonable voices get lost in the general turmoil. I'm not of a pessimistic nature, but if this goes on .... who knows how it will end ?
Russians are the cultural descendants of the Moscovites and Golden Horde, two entities that destroyed all the rest of the authentic cultures of the Eastern European Slavs in the name of "collective" brand "Russian". Neither Russian government nor Russian "psyche" accept the right of Ukraine and Ukrainians to exist as something independent and self-sufficient. They think than Ukrainians are just spoiled (by the Western designs, naturally) Russians, nothing changed in the past 150 years. Except that Western Ukrainians are isolated by the Russian mind into a separate ethnic (or even racial) group, thus this animal like hatred of the "Banderovets". Restoring Russia to the former Imperial glory is an official policy of Putin, it has great support of the Russians who think that all their problems are result of the devilish Western plot to destroy mother Russia.

All these 23 years Ukraine was ruled by the Russian speaking Eastern Ukrainian "elites" who didn't/don't really associate themselves with Ukraine either. They just mined that country for personal wealth not unlike Europe mined its African colonies 150 years ago (and the regime of Yanukovich was absolutely barbarian as far as conversion of the power into personal wealth). No official leaders capable of leading the country appeared in the past 3 months, entire state apparatus is corrupt, rotten and saturated with Russian sympathizers, Army is the same way and it has very few resources. Very few people who run government and Army want to risk and die for their country, see shameful Crimean disaster where Ukrainian Army members either gave oath to Russia or refused to do anything that could endanger them personally, nobody had guts for an act of sabotage like damaging ships/armor Russians were about to take over, forget about shooting. Ukrainian state cannot resist Russian aggression, people are unlikely to resist (especially East), except Western Ukrainian "banderovets", thus this relentless propaganda attack at the only force capable of resisting the "rise" of Mother Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe