Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 05:19 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Do you even know what year it is? That video was uploaded a year ago, when poison-Yanukovych was in charge....
Hmm. Yes, I really made ​​a mistake with the year. This was in 2013.
I saw a guy with long hair from yesterday's video, and the year escaped out of the spotlight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 05:46 AM

435 posts, read 420,379 times
Quote:
Do you even know what year it is? That video was uploaded a year ago, when poison-Yanukovych was in charge....
I here still would suggest all of us to have a good time and look at Zhironovsky's best fights: )
As lyrical digression:

Лучшие драки Жириновского в прямом эфире (full) - YouTube

Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I saw a guy with long hair from yesterday's video, and the year escaped out of the spotlight.
Yes, he was in that fight. And apparently being once before. What a bully.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:02 AM

261 posts, read 256,485 times
now a Russian head of State expresses even positively about the German
reunification and Berlin rejects it:
Krim-Krise: Berlin weist Putins Vergleich mit Wiedervereinigung zurück

Putin had deliberately sidelined the criticized way how Crimea was "brought back"
(I think he knows very well that he is legally in the wrong)
and instead highlighted the emotional historical connection.
The same did Brandt, Genscher, Kohl, Reagan.

How about leasing the Crimea to Russia as with Hong Kong ?

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-20-2014 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: English only please!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
From Mr. Putin's address to the Russian federation on Crimea.....(rationale)

Quote:
I also want to address the people of Ukraine. I sincerely want you to understand us: we do not want to harm you in any way, or to hurt your national feelings. We have always respected the territorial integrity of the Ukrainian state, incidentally, unlike those who sacrificed Ukraine’s unity for their political ambitions. They flaunt slogans about Ukraine’s greatness, but they are the ones who did everything to divide the nation. Today’s civil standoff is entirely on their conscience. I want you to hear me, my dear friends. Do not believe those who want you to fear Russia, shouting that other regions will follow Crimea. We do not want to divide Ukraine; we do not need that. As for Crimea, it was and remains a Russian, Ukrainian, and Crimean-Tatar land.
Curious how Ukrainians see this now. If Crimea is of Russians, Ukrainians and Tatars just wondering why Putin woldn't let them work out the issue themselves. Instead he brings in mlitary metal and un-marked Ryussian troops etc etc. He's a machiavellian master!

Next scenario now is in the eastern half of Ukraine. Frankly, under the circumstances it would have been better if indeed Ukraine was in NATO. I'd suggest Putin does think ahead of possible repercussions of Russian actions as he is doing now. If Ukraine was in NATO I'd think he'd explore his options very very very carefully moreso than he is probably doing now. NATO would, in reality, be like a strong invisible fence to his possible 'excursions'.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

Frankly, under the circumstances it would have been better if indeed Ukraine was in NATO.
Ukraine isn't necessary in NATO. To NATO can admit the rich self-sufficient and stable country. NATO doesn't help just like that. The countries which are members of NATO are connected by big payment obligations.
And Ukraine now is on the verge of a default... NATO doesn't do charity work.

It will be possible to speak about the entry of Ukraine into NATO at best in 3-5 years I think. In the same way we now aren't able to afford to renew the nuclear program. In the country there are no additional resources for this purpose, they are necessary for branches another more important and necessary now.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
We will see then how Russia respects Ukrainian borders while they are not in NATO.

I am just surmising here but if anything does flare up like this in the Baltics the fact of the countries being in NATO does present a different set of issues to reflect on to Russia. Russia I'm sure would think a little bit more and would really examine the situation before they would move. Right now there's nothng much to prevent them from easily moving into the eastern half of Ukraine.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
We will see then how Russia respects Ukrainian borders while they are not in NATO.

I am just surmising here but if anything does flare up like this in the Baltics the fact of the countries being in NATO does present a different set of issues to reflect on to Russia. Russia I'm sure would think a little bit more and would really examine the situation before they would move. Right now there's nothng much to prevent them from easily moving into the eastern half of Ukraine.
Putin already told that "is concerned" by position of Russians in Estonia. It will be possible to look at NATO reaction in Estonia already soon I think: )

Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Putin already told that "is concerned" by position of Russians in Estonia. It will be possible to look at NATO reaction in Estonia already soon I think: )
To be fair, it was an unnamed "Russian diplomat".

Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:

Today in the Rada:

- The status and rights of Crimean Tatars and all others in occupied territories are guaranteed.
- The Crimean Tatars are declared as indigenous people of Ukraine

Next session on 25 March, so if you're posting another fighting video tomorrow, it's also old.
Even if the video has been uploaded a year ago, the result is the same; the nationalist speaks and you see the results. Today is no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe