Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
If you don't understand the languages in these YouTube postings, how can you know that they mean what others claim they mean?
That's why I didn't even bother to translate the rest of details of this "New Year party" in some prestigious ( apparently) bar in Kiev. The other "specialties" of the menu such as "humbrugers trade union style" (referral to 40 people massacred in Odessa on the 2nd of May,) or "Volhynya massacre" ( meat platter) or "Rebel's liver," "Raped retiree," and so on. I just left the images of the "dessert" - the cake featuring the Russian banner and the infant on it, since it's the easiest to see and understand on the video along with the images of the children who were killed in East Ukraine for real. The whole idea behind this "party" was to laugh off the supposedly *false accusations* directed at the "freedom-loving" Ukrainians, ("it's all Russia's fault" according to them,) but under the circumstances, with so many people dying from bombing - what else can I say about these idiots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 10:15 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
The New York Times has produced some very interesting pieces when it comes to the crisis in Ukraine.
Misreporting the News | The National Interest

Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Just reading a bit more on a piece which goes back to Russia's denial of ever ever being involved in their army personnel crossing the border and aiding those rebels there. Curious if the position has changed? Or maybe not namely same old same old same as it ever was? Can we be enlightened about those 'little green men' that apparently do not exist? I mean really what is the 't-r-u-t-h?
I don't think there are "green men" there.
There were quite a few POWs exchanges between the Ukrainian army and the rebels already and not a single time there were "green men" exchanged. So obviously it's the locals fighting there and the volunteers that come from Russia. Not "special forces" as it was a case in Crimea, where Russia had its military base.
That's not to say that Russia is not involved ( the ammunition support, financial support, and most likely "consultants.") I understand that much, closely following the news and I understand that Kremlin is demanding to follow its policies in return. The problem is - I don't quite understand what exactly Kremlin wants as the end result. Strelkov ( who was extremely popular commander) already left ( against his will, but bowing to Kremlin's demands,) other people in charge were dismissed and the ones apparently approved by Kremlin were put in top positions instead ( local people by the way.) Since Kremlin and rebels are not one and the same thing as I've already said before, I don't quite understand what's the plan and what the outcome is going to be.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:39 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPpgCXkCUM&fmt=18

Old 01-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This attack has been prepared ( and expected) already for some time.
But I'll keep my fingers crossed - I've heard that opolchenye is pulling forces together for the counter-attack.

Last edited by erasure; 01-12-2015 at 11:18 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 PM

P.S. Here is Zakharchenko (in charge of Donetsk) is making his urgent public announcement that Ukraine broke the truce, unilaterally.
He sounds as a person at this point who had enough. ( I can hear the slight irritation in his voice.)
He is basically saying "we talked and talked, and we are still ready to talk if it keeps peace, but if they don't understand (and basically don't want to leave us alone,) we have means to strike back."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3M5l7GLt90#t=172

I hope they will.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:53 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Re: "..ammunition support, financial support and most likely consultants"

Well I'd think Makisim would be intrigued by this one since the piece notes that the subject was of the Russian army fighting for separatists there. He got unlucky getting caught. Thing is it's dangerous for soldiers for quite an obvious reason considering going through the apparent fog of Russian involvement in Ukraine. Arguably those men are the 'lost' soldiers.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:51 PM

There's no doubt in my mind Russia is deeply involved from a distance in this conflict. The rebels wouldn't be functioning without a big backer, period. Just as the junta in Ukraine has NATO and US support. It's utterly pointless to debate it unless you want to go into the hair splitting details.
Of course Putin and his people are going to deny it, just like NATO and US politicians will deny it. They're politicians. Remember the joke about how you know a politician is lying? The lips are moving.

I heard the peace conference in Kazakhstan has been canceled. Not surprised at all. Seems to me the Ukies never stopped shooting. The junta needs to keep the war dogs in the trenches or they'll be at their door.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Well. It looks like the US taxpayers are going to be picking up some more of the tab for Ukraine.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...antee-its-debt

I guess American taxpayers will just have to accept the fact that freedom isn't free and get to hell to work.

I wonder. If the US went after every corrupt Ukrainian politician that moved to America in the last 20 years, how much money would the get from them?

Maybe we should go that route first?

Old 01-14-2015, 07:40 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Ukraine Agreed to a Monsanto “Land Grab” to Get a $17 Billion Loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF)

Ukraine Agreed to a Monsanto “Land Grab” to Get a $17 Billion Loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) | Global Research
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe