Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 08:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I am gonna take the bait: Because he was a ruthless psychopath similar to Hitler and Mao?
You should add Woodrow Wilson to that for signing into law the bill which lead to the deaths of 10s of 1000s of US soldiers due to influenza in WWI. Whole ship loads of them died while being transported to Europe in the confined quarters they were forced into. HE KNEW what would happen in those conditions where just one individual with the virus would spread it to thousands. HE KNEW they would die like flies on those "death" ships. They even planned ahead and allowed for shipping more soldiers.
One of my great great uncles told me about it when I was a kid. Whole ships filled with dead men came into Brest harbor. The only reason he survived was he had fought it off as a teenager and was immune although at the age of 17 it destroyed his teeth. It's not something they teach American children about in school.

Look at Abraham Lincoln who started the worst war we have ever known. Andrew Jackson.

People like you make the mistake of thinking Americas government is somehow better, more benign that others. Believe me, the ruling class in America will go to any length to ensure they stay there. Up to and including slaughtering millions of American citizens.

Don't fool yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 08:44 PM

Democracy at it's finest. How can people voice their opinions with thugs like this walking the streets? Can somebody translate a little if it, what's with the phone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjxvf5G3Tw#t=279

Old 12-27-2014, 09:45 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Democracy at it's finest. How can people voice their opinions with thugs like this walking the streets? Can somebody translate a little if it, what's with the phone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjxvf5G3Tw#t=279
I think that Pravyi Sector *identifies* these two as participants in March events, when Pravy Sector just showed up in the city and its representatives occupied the government building in Kharkov. (The local crowd that obviously hated them threw them out of there.) Now when the Nazis are in charge, they patrol the streets, looking for "politically incorrect" people and everytone they suspect in potential *treason* of "free and proud Ukraine." So they happened to think that these two are suspects, and they find something incriminating ( or so they think) one the phone of one of them. The police is trying to interfere that the person wouldn't be finished off right on the street, one of the by-standers ( the woman) tries to interfere as well.

That's why I despise Putin in this respect - he knew perfectly well, that Eastern Ukrainians didn't want anything to do with the nationalists, yet he let them to stomp all over Eastern Ukraine.
Nevertheless now the RT keeps on showing what's going on there, my question is - why, what for, only to anger Russians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJsNxeTsa8

Old 12-28-2014, 12:59 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Legendary plant "Yuzhmash" (aerospace industry) on the verge of bankruptcy.

www.politnavigator.net/blog/yuzhmash-v-kome-zakazov-net-rabotniki-raspushheny-po-domam (Russian language)

Earlier plant cooperated with Russia in the aerospace industry. Now Russia is not placing orders. Ukraine also does not make orders. This year, Russia has laid on the development of the aerospace industry US $ 5 billion, Ukraine - 10 million hryvnia.

UPD:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzhmash

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 12-28-2014 at 01:13 AM..

Old 12-28-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Nevertheless now the RT keeps on showing what's going on there, my question is - why, what for, only to anger Russians?
Yup, to keep the pot boiling. It's the same as western media waving videos around of unprofessional Russian pilots and Russian aircraft over the northern reaches of Canada and the north sea. The media is very manipulative on both sides. It does do good to air it out though even if you'll never see a lot of it on Faux News or CNN in does get out.

What can be done about it? The Kiev junta needs them to terrify the population, to keep them in line. It's a tactic used in Central America all the time. I don't know how to stop it other than to do a "police action", it appears the cops are incapable of keeping order.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:00 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Speaking of 'cult of personality' and 'psychopaths' I'd think the United States and Rossiya and by association the Ukraine could get out of this 'bust up' and perhaps mend relations by focusing on that nice fellow in the DPRK. He's doing something right but unfortunately for the wrong reasons. The # 1
Lunatic of the world.

I say let's unify and we can take him down in two weeks. Win win for all. Rossiya's exceptional experience in dealing with crazy as a fox megalomaniacs would no doubt be key. The US would be grateful to get the insults off the airways. I can see a new dawn on the Rossiyan-US horizon!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:07 AM

602 posts, read 495,803 times
Quote:
You should add Woodrow Wilson to that for signing into law the bill which lead to the deaths of 10s of 1000s of US soldiers due to influenza in WWI. Whole ship loads of them died while being transported to Europe in the confined quarters they were forced into. HE KNEW what would happen in those conditions where just one individual with the virus would spread it to thousands. HE KNEW they would die like flies on those "death" ships. They even planned ahead and allowed for shipping more soldiers.
One of my great great uncles told me about it when I was a kid. Whole ships filled with dead men came into Brest harbor. The only reason he survived was he had fought it off as a teenager and was immune although at the age of 17 it destroyed his teeth. It's not something they teach American children about in school.

Look at Abraham Lincoln who started the worst war we have ever known. Andrew Jackson.

People like you make the mistake of thinking Americas government is somehow better, more benign that others. Believe me, the ruling class in America will go to any length to ensure they stay there. Up to and including slaughtering millions of American citizens.

Don't fool yourself.
People like me? Who am I then? And how am I exactly fooling myself? Strawman much?

And what does American atrocities have anything to do with what we were discussing? If you're gonna go that route in your weird justification of Stalin (I assume that's where you're headed with your post, feel free to correct me), then why not bring out examples such as Agent Orange? Or in general the entire Vietnam war?

Old 12-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Nvmd Dentist it's off topic lets not go there.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:55 PM

China suing Ukraine. 230 million embezzled.

Verkhovna Rada to hold hearings on embezzlement of loans from China | Ukraina.ru

Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 AM

261 posts, read 256,510 times
Quote:

Don't fool yourself.
that was mainly the first wave, which was mild and gave immunity to the 2nd deadly wave.
Many soldiers died in US-camps during wave #2
But so did civilians. I didn't yet hear, that the shipping of soldiers to Brest
contributed much to the misery

It's yet debated whether earlier outbreaks gave immunity
(except for wave 1 in Apr.-Jul.1918 , for which it is generally accepted)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe