Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 03:43 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times

Advertisements

Ukraine's oligarchs seem to be able to weather the troubles in Ukraine. They're on their own side.

On a more positive note, I saw sunflower oil from Ukraine in the local Wal-Mart. Is it the best?

I guess an oligarch controls the sunflower oil market, too.

Last edited by Mouldy Old Schmo; 12-29-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 06:33 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Speaking of oligarchs...things we'd like to see:

IOCO's............international Oligarch Charity Organizations...

Old 12-29-2014, 08:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
LMAO!! Lawyers have always been scum but this is lower than usual. Yes the Russian Emergencies Ministry is an entity of the Russian government. Yes, they largely send the convoys to the Donbas. I haven't heard a thing about the bureaucratic nightmare called the IRC. I'm willing to guess that half the population of the Donbas would have starved to death by now if it had been in charge of the relief effort. What has anyone but Russia done?

Flour is "dual use". It can be used to bake bread which feeds civilians and soldiers alike.

Personally I think this lawyer just needs a bullet. Just saying.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:10 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
...When Poroshenko and other current Ukrainian leaders publicly say that are waging a war for Europe, they are not wrong at the Grand. Indeed the war, and indeed for Europe. However, they did not lead it. Here Ukrainians little role overrated. War is being waged by them. US and some forces in the EU just took advantage of Ukraine for their own purposes. The main objective is to link the economic, social and political empowerment of further Russian. Diversion of its forces from the process of Euro-Asian economic and political integration. The fate of the Ukrainians themselves "civilized world" is not interested. Someone asks opinion pigs, which are sent to the chops?..

...Russia can not leave Ukrainians breathe starve and freeze to death in the ruins. Europe "win" even if the whole of Ukraine will be one huge ashes littered with stinking corpse. Because Russia will take him to recover and people - to save. Despite the fact that the salvation of the humanitarian disaster will cost an incredible abyss of money, and threatens to undermine the rescuer's own economy. Fraught with internal social destabilization, leading to the destruction of the Russian state already. This is the main difference between the total Russian world. We will save, even at the risk themselves...

...Russia tries between Scylla and Charybdis slip? The civil war raging in the Ukraine, in the end, throughout the country. Which leads to the transformation of the whole of Ukraine in Donetsk complete analogue of the current village Sands. In the ruins. In famine. In the cold. In total collapse of social infrastructure. From the fact that the plague or smallpox no longer mow people millions, the mere threat of epidemics will not go away. Sooner or later, Russia on these ruins still have to come, save, restore and rebuild. Again, only at his own expense...
(с)Soros

Soros: EU should plunge Ukraine into a war - or bury the EU Ukraine

Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 AM

49 posts, read 73,994 times
I'm really surprised by Selena's and ariete's attitude about LNR/DNR.
Do you really want them to be independent from both Russia and Ukraine?
But that would isolate them from the world forever until a complete economic collapse happens.

And secondly, I don't understand why do you want this at all?
To me it's like black and white:
black: Russia = Soviet Union v 2.0, without any political freedom, international isolation and hatred, plus really low and poor economy - you can argue forever, but the facts show that the average life level in Russia is really not wealthy, I don't understand why do you want the same future for Donetsk/Luhansk?
white: Ukraine, EU, USA = all kinds of religious and political freedoms are strongly supported, the whole world is open and supports their position, economy is very strong (excluding Ukraine), yeah you can argue about crisis etc., the average life level is way better in EU and US than in Russia, and than it was in Soviet Union.

Is there some grey line that I just can't see or what?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:00 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Is there some grey line that I just can't see or what?
I think it's just that you're ignorant of history and Russia in a way. Russia isn't that bad, history tells me life in a colony of the US isn't always that great.

No insult intended.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:21 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think it's just that you're ignorant of history and Russia in a way. Russia isn't that bad, history tells me life in a colony of the US isn't always that great.

No insult intended.
That's like saying North-Korea isn't that bad, you're just ignorant of it's history and so on.

It's really sad to see that you soviets try to justify all the harm Russia has done to it's neighbors because of historical reasons.

Now, hypothetically, if NATO attacks Russia one day, wipes out a big junk of the population, would it be justified if the excuse were that Russia posed a risk to the security of the it's neighbors and the world? Following your line of reasoning, yes it would be justified.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by povar81 View Post
I'm really surprised by Selena's and ariete's attitude about LNR/DNR.
Do you really want them to be independent from both Russia and Ukraine?
But that would isolate them from the world forever until a complete economic collapse happens.
What? Where have I said so? No! I want the LNR and DNR crushed, the leaders court martialed and sentenced to life in prison. And the Crimea back to Ukraine.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And the Crimea back to Ukraine.
You have to forget about it. Russia will not give the Crimea. Yeltsin made a mistake and now it is fixed.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:22 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksim_frolov View Post
you have to forget about it. Russia will not give the crimea. Yeltsin made a mistake and now it is fixed.
königsberg ist deutschland!

Karjala takaisin perkele!

Ingermanland är Sverige!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe