Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times

Advertisements

Re: 'democracy in Ukraine'

Score one for Putin there giving it a 'nyet'! Not on his autocratic watch...;-).I'd say Mistah Orwell is fitting here with his comment:

'I sometimes think that the price of liberty is not so much eternal vigilance but eternal dirt'.

Ukraine is certainly having its dirt uprooted and they unfortunately have to be taken down into the muck to deal with Russian threats. If democracy is 'bad' it's still the best of the worst. Putin so far seems to have the advantage right now. We'll see how he courses through. And I do hope he overreaches in the battle for Ukraine. In playin' poker, you win some , you lose some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: 'democracy in Ukraine'

Score one for Putin there giving it a 'nyet'! Not on his autocratic watch...;-).I'd say Mistah Orwell is fitting here with his comment:

'I sometimes think that the price of liberty is not so much eternal vigilance but eternal dirt'.

Ukraine is certainly having its dirt uprooted and they unfortunately have to be taken down into the muck to deal with Russian threats. If democracy is 'bad' it's still the best of the worst. Putin so far seems to have the advantage right now. We'll see how he courses through. And I do hope he overreaches in the battle for Ukraine. In playin' poker, you win some , you lose some.
It's not just "Putin" Travric...
A lot of people died lately for Donbass. I see enough of their pictures on FB, and these are not "Russian troops."
He has been given very good cards to play by different parties, by certain circumstances. So I expect him to have good luck in the nearest future, and for quite some time.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
We will probably never know for sure what took place there, but one thing is becoming more and more clear I think, is that usual prescribed scenario, the usual narrative of "fight for freedom" is not going to work this time around. One time serving corporate interests under the guise of "democracy" was a one time too much this time around.
Its hard to get people to support a self proclaimed Government, that overthrew an elected Government by force. WE just plain need to stay out of this one, and only support what the People want, in the way of Independence, no matter which side they choose. We have stood behind Countries that wanted to break away for their Mother Countries before, so why not now. The days of the "Red Commie Devils" is over, and died in the sixties. Washington can no longer Bully other Nations under the guise of "For Freedom" and expect to sell those goods to us or the rest of the World.

The only negotiation they need to do, is to decide where the split line will be for Borders, when they split the Country up. War stops, and everyone back to business as usual.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I was born in Kiev remember ?

When did I consider Ukraine to be a real country ? As far as I am concerned Putin can take which ever part of Ukraine he deems necessary. The people living there will be better off with Russia then the "Nezalejna Ykraina" I have seen this past decade or two.

Tell me something, why did Poroshenko cancel Pension Payments to Ukrainian Citizens?

Your still telling me Ukraine is a country ?
And this person doesn't admit he is a Russian nazi, amazing. Enough, discuss your nazi drivel with other deranged comrades in this thread.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:04 AM

I am amazed at the Russian comrades in this thread. They endlessly repeat key Kremlin lies and propaganda points despite ready available information on the chronology of the Russian hybrid attack in Ukraine. Hybrid attack came first, Russian nazis from Russia came first, fsb operatives and sleeper cells struck first, treason and collaboration of the locals came after that. Neither Crimea nor Donbass events were spontaneous response of the locals to Kiev' popular revolt. Even in Crimea, a mecca for the Russian nazis with Ukrainian citizenship, outspoken nazis (not speaking of regular people) could not believe that Russia would attempt an anschluss and thus they were doing nothing on their own. It took a direct powerful Russian message for the treasonous locals to get activated and to create photo ops for the media, all the actual work of annexation was done by the Russian state.

Donbass events lagged anschluss of Crimea by 1 month more or less, the ease of Crimea annexation inspired Putin to jump start Novorosiya project developed by the Russian nazi ideologues working under his protectorate. 99% of the Donetsk residents didn't know they want to live in a Novorosiya 1 day before they were told to want it, same with DNR. Local collaborants did nothing on their own, they even brought "leadership" of DNR from Moscow. Russian nazis in this thread employ old, beaten up tricks of the Goebbels and Stalin propaganda that emphasized endless repetitions of the same lie. You use the same false labels over and over, some of you got carried away to the point of believing that nonsense yourself.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-19-2015 at 07:17 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Its hard to get people to support a self proclaimed Government, that overthrew an elected Government by force. WE just plain need to stay out of this one, and only support what the People want, in the way of Independence, no matter which side they choose. We have stood behind Countries that wanted to break away for their Mother Countries before, so why not now. The days of the "Red Commie Devils" is over, and died in the sixties. Washington can no longer Bully other Nations under the guise of "For Freedom" and expect to sell those goods to us or the rest of the World.

The only negotiation they need to do, is to decide where the split line will be for Borders, when they split the Country up. War stops, and everyone back to business as usual.
The days of the rabid Russian fascist regime is in, comrade Boris, if you didn't notice. Pacifying that is not an option regardless of what Obama, you and the hypocritical left think about it. A rabid banana fascist Regime is run by the Kremlin Junta and one, especially sick, underground billionaire for a Fuhrer. A few posts earlier, I used wiki (much respected by the comrades in this thread) to prove that Russia is a banana republic with mania of grandeur run by a genuine Kremlin junta. I will use wiki to prove that Russia has all the elements of the fascism ripe. Btw, Adolf never called himself and his regime fascist, neither Putin calls the monster he created fascist, yet both regimes had/have all what it takes to be classified as fascist. Russian Imperial Fascism would be a more comprehensive term to describe essence of the Russian Regime. The regime is imperial not only in the sense of reviving and sanitizing old Imperial mythology, pretenses and delusions, but also in the feudal sense, where fsb nobility and tsar control most of the wealth and the grateful peasants.

Fascism is a term used to describe authoritarian nationalist political ideologies or mass movements that are concerned with notions of cultural decline or decadence and seek to achieve a millenarian national rebirth by exalting the nation or race, and promoting cults of unity, strength and purity.[1][2][3][4]
Fascists promote a type of national unity that is usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, national, racial, and/or religious attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as among its integral parts: nationalism, militarism, anti-communism, totalitarianism, statism, dictatorship, economic planning (including corporatism and autarky), populism, collectivism, autocracy and opposition to classic political and economic liberalism.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Fascism

Bolded text applies to Russia, yet comrade Boris shills for the legitimate rights of the Russian Reich to impose its will on the entity it views as week or inferior. BTW, all the russian communists are the russian nazis first, therefore there is no need to demonize them. Same with the left in the West, the left universally supports the (fascist) regimes it views as anti American, therefore there is no need for those regimes to emphasize their anti-communism, those are the allies.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-19-2015 at 07:30 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
^ Russian Wikipedia definition of "fascism":

Fascism (ital. Fascismo from fascio «Union beam bunch Association") - the name of the generalized extreme right-wing political movements, ideologies and the corresponding form of government is dictatorial type [1] [2], which are the hallmarks of militaristic nationalism (in the broadest sense ) [3] [4], anti-communism [5], xenophobia and chauvinism, the mystical cult of the leader, contempt for electoral democracy and liberalism, faith in the ruling elite and the natural social hierarchy, statism, and in some cases, genocide [6] [7].

For the fascist states characterized by strengthening the regulatory role of the state in the economy, and ideology: corporatization of state by establishing a system of mass organizations and social associations, violent methods to suppress dissent, opposition to the principles of economic and political liberalism. The main features of the ideology of fascism are [8]:

traditionalism,
nationalism
antiliberalism
anticommunism
extremism,
statism,
corporatism,
elements of populism
militarism,
often - leaderism,
declaration of support for the general population, not related to the ruling class.
According to IV Mazurov as the state system of government, fascism - it is not authoritarianism and totalitarianism, between which there is a significant difference [16].

Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
Cry me a river Ukie friends...your neonazis friends have just lost the key railway hub of Delbatsevo, and believe me, they are not gettong it back. Aren't you weary of all that bloodshed Mr. Chokolatenko ?

Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
^^

Traditionalism and elements of populism also applies to modern Russia.

Meanwhile, Bears got lost again: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31530840

Last edited by Ariete; 02-19-2015 at 07:57 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
No bears got lost. They just wanted to see if dumbarsed Brits could tell the difference between a Bear ELINT aircraft and a Lithuanian passenger plane yet!! LOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe