Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 01:19 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspotfox View Post
The National Geographic reported: " A number of Ukrainians had collaborated: According to German historian Dieter Pohl, around 100,000 joined police units that provided key assistance to the Nazis. Many others staffed the local bureaucracies or lent a helping hand during mass shootings of Jews. Ukrainians, such as the infamous Ivan the Terrible of Treblinka, were also among the guards who manned the Nazi death camps."[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]14[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] y
You can follow any responses to write szdes nonsense and falsification of history. You have bad understanding? Ukraine there are only a little more than 100 years. Prior to that, it did not exist. Ukraine is a Russian word that means the border territory of Russia.
As for the Nazis, yes. You're talking about Bandera and UPA. Today their descendants came to power and it is Western Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Apparently you bad with the school.
Apparently you bad with the school. It is well known fact. no.esli you did not know. here is an example-The London "Times" published an article its diplomatic editor Michael Binion, in which, with reference to unpublished documents from the archive of the Gorbachev Foundation alleges that during a meeting Margaret Thatcher and Mikhail Gorbachev in 1989, to discuss the possibility of unification of Germany and the German Democratic Republic, the British prime minister spoke out against their union.
David Hasslehoff. 1989/90. Berlin Wall. Educate yourself.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
This is the problem Repubocrat. The Russian's believe every piece of propaganda that comes out of the Kremlin. I suppose it comes from their soviet past when the Russian people did what they were told to do, and kept their mouth shut. We all remember what happened to the few that did complain openly, the Gulags were full of people who dared to think for themselves.

During the downed Malaysia plane crisis, two reporters working for Russia Today resigned when they were asked to lie about Russia's involvement with the rebels and blame the Ukrainian government for the disaster. They refused and resigned.

You are right as well when you say that the Russian economy is in the toilet, they are in recession and have, wait for it, just raised their interest rate!

Dmitry Medvedev said that alcoholism is Russia's national disaster, maybe they should lay off the Vodka for once and re- enter the real world. Russia is being left behind, of that there is absolutely no doubt.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 AM

148 posts, read 141,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
David Hasslehoff. 1989/90. Berlin Wall. Educate yourself.
I no all about david and his biggest fans are German plus the berlin wall promo to boost his profile , I just didn't think it was funny like you. And so it seems did anyone else

Old 07-30-2014, 04:08 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspotfox View Post
I no all about david and his biggest fans are German plus the berlin wall promo to boost his profile , I just didn't think it was funny like you. And so it seems did anyone else
Provocatisti! Fascisti! Banderovitski! GAY!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:46 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
There is no point in arguing with you. You guys are so manipulated by the Kremlin BS propaganda. If you want to discuss economic indicators, I will give you two: HDI and GDP per capita.

HDI- Human Development Index- Russia ranks #57
GDP per Capita( 2014)- $14,818- #50 in the world behind Latvia and Lithuania
Wow, 57th and 50th, that is better than most of the world; you do realize how many countries there are in the world don't you? That is why I stated "relative to the world", as you made the comparison to the world.

Why not discuss another economic indicator?
GDP (PPP) - Russia is ranked 6th in the world.
GDP (Nominal) - Russia is ranked 8th in the world.

GDP per capita (PPP) - Russia ranks 58th, which puts it ahead of countries like Mexico, Turkey, Romania, China, Brazil (heck, all of S. America except Chile), Ukraine, Georgia, India, all of Africa; but yea, Russia is just doing horrible. What is great is that many of those countries I listed above, like S. American countries and Mexico, are strongly aligned with the US and West.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
This is the problem Repubocrat. The Russian's believe every piece of propaganda that comes out of the Kremlin. I suppose it comes from their soviet past when the Russian people did what they were told to do, and kept their mouth shut. We all remember what happened to the few that did complain openly, the Gulags were full of people who dared to think for themselves.

During the downed Malaysia plane crisis, two reporters working for Russia Today resigned when they were asked to lie about Russia's involvement with the rebels and blame the Ukrainian government for the disaster. They refused and resigned.

You are right as well when you say that the Russian economy is in the toilet, they are in recession and have, wait for it, just raised their interest rate!

Dmitry Medvedev said that alcoholism is Russia's national disaster, maybe they should lay off the Vodka for once and re- enter the real world. Russia is being left behind, of that there is absolutely no doubt.
You do realize who the people were that toppled the USSR? If they believed every little piece of info out of the Kremlin, the USSR would still be around. Information was controlled even more back in the Soviet times than it is today.

I assure you Russians do not believe every little piece of info out of the Russian media, just as Americans and the West do not believe every piece of media put out. But fact is that when Russians do look, what do they see? They see US bases surrounding Russia, the US involved in military engagements across the world for resources, and numerous Western aligned NGO groups and faith organizations running through Russia trying to brainwash everyone in every way possible, and the Western sponsored economic mess of the 1990's that basically ruined any positive post-Soviet views Russians had of the West. Not saying Russians are correct in every aspect, but you need to view it through their lenses.

And yes, interest rates are an economic tool, people in the US have even been screaming the interest rates need to be raised. Look how high they were back in the early 1980's in the US, it was not exactly the end of the world. As far as the recession, at least their reasons are better than the reason the US and many in Europe went through a recession, so greedy bankers can get some money and then bailed out by the tax payers.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
K350...

You know so far within the past year Mr. Putin (Rossiya) has gained a bit, namely, territory and a pretty big patriotic boost from the people. But I gave read that now Russians 'in the know' fear the repercussions of his forays and his handling of the country's relationship with Europe. This could be a man with clay feet when the cost comes to hit Russians and their families. I know he's still feeding the border areas and who knows if he's strategically thinking on 're-claiming' Ukrainian land. But if he does the latter (as for som reason it's always in the back of my mind) well then he is a leader unbecoming of your great country. Russia deserves better. And also don't be surprised if Finland or Sweden say the hell with it let's go to NATO if the troops cross the border.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 AM

148 posts, read 141,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Provocatisti! Fascisti! Banderovitski! GAY!
The gay bit is wrong friend , he likes his women

Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times
So interesting to read about victims of Kremlin propaganda. Guys, are you kidding me? First of all don't foget- I am living here and see all this on my own eyes. I communicate with people which living here- my friends, relatives, neighbours and all of them know who is killing us. Maybe the poblem is that you don' like what I am talking about? But it doesn't mean that it is not true, if personally you don't like this information.
Second. Who is brainwashed? People who see on their own eyes or those who never been here and believe only media? Did you try to check this information or accept point of view people which know what is going on here? No? Then I have bad news for you. If you will forget about your hate or fear of Russia you will understand that everything is more simple than your media trying to tell you.
What good brought EU to countries of former USSR which joined it during last 10 years? I didn't find any benefits except of GDP growth to 6.3 percent, by the way it is less than Ukraine had in 2012 without the EU and even less than Russian GDP. So where's benefit? How many their goods demand in the EU market? Are these products of equal quality? Weren't these countries simply turn in places for extraction of raw materials?
What about liberalization, we have all seen its' benefits: gay parades, legalization of prostitution, even Nazism is normally today. I have to tell that I don't have something against gays or prostitutes, but parades? How come that Nazism is ok nowadays? Did you forget about WW2? You are mired in bureaucracy, for you even war against russian people in Ukraine doesn't exist despite thousands died people, hundreds of thousands refugees and many proofs that we are killed by Ukrainian army and nobody else. Are you sure that you know what is real liberty and equality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe