Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 05:22 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Selena, these people don't count.
They are not the "legitimate" Europeans you see...
Dead Russian civilians are not a big deal, dead westerners - that's what brings the fury.
I can't use to this, but you are right, we are subhumans for Europe and USA. I just wish these killers which call themselves Ukrainian army and believe that they are liberating us died as painfully as it is possible. I am angry now.
i didn't have internet connection for some time and during this break I realized that even if we will lose, normal people won't stay here, we will leave to Russia and start there new life. But this Ukraine really has no future, we are not going to give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 06:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
I can't use to this, but you are right, we are subhumans for Europe and USA. I just wish these killers which call themselves Ukrainian army and believe that they are liberating us died as painfully as it is possible. I am angry now.
i didn't have internet connection for some time and during this break I realized that even if we will lose, normal people won't stay here, we will leave to Russia and start there new life. But this Ukraine really has no future, we are not going to give up.
Not all of us think of you that way Selena.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
But this Ukraine really has no future, we are not going to give up.
I think it is Russia that has no future! All the ex USSR countries that distanced themselves from Russia and became members of the EU are doing infinitely better.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I think it is Russia that has no future! All the ex USSR countries that distanced themselves from Russia and became members of the EU are doing infinitely better.
If Russia doesn't have future, so is the rest of the world.
The countries that "distanced themselves from Russia" became the part of a money-making machine that still found a spot for them in terms of bringing profits for the "financial centers" of the world and menial labor for old European countries. The engine driven by consumerism can't, however, operate forever and ever as you seem to think.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
I disagree. You make it sound like Ukrainians are children who can't think for themselves.
P.S. And while we are at that - you can disagree all you want, but Ukraine has been an inseparable part of Russia for at least 300 years, so both share the same features of undeveloped private property rights and very limited understanding of economy (domestic and international alike) among the general population.

Quote:
Joining the EU should be a no-brainer. Look at all the former USSR countries that joined the EU, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania. They are light years ahead of where they were 23 years ago.

Estonia's GDP increased 30% since they joined the EU. Only a fool would think that being tied to Russia is a good thing.
It's a "no-brainer" only if you are not aware of the difference between Ukraine and Estonia in terms of historic background, size of the country and dependence of economy on Russian market as much as Russian energy.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
It's quite evident you have issues with Russia and this is not good, are you okay?

Maybe you could back up your statements with some facts once in awhile. I don't think the EU is serving the old eastern block states that well. We all know about the debacle in Greece. We all know about what happened in Hungary too.

IMF Chief Praises Latvian "Success Story" - A Scary Speech for the Eurozone | Op-Eds & Columns

I've been there. I met a guy at the Warsaw central train station, the only job he had found in 2 years was carrying BUCKETS of cement across an airport construction site. I stayed at a hotel in SE Warsaw for 6 days one time. A lot of construction workers stayed there most were from Lithuania, Latvia, Romania and Hungary. These men were working in harsh winter conditions in hazardous jobs for as little as 3 euro and hour.

Thank god I didn't live there. These guys were struggling to feed their families, it was not nice. Just look at the immigration stats, a lot of these states have solved their unemployment problems by simply watching their people leave the country.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's quite evident you have issues with Russia and this is not good, are you okay?....

Thank god I didn't live there. These guys were struggling to feed their families, it was not nice. Just look at the immigration stats, a lot of these states have solved their unemployment problems by simply watching their people leave the country.
I have nothing against Russia but you people are so brainwashed and unable to see the light. Russia is crumbling, the economy is crap, 1/4 of Russian males don't live past 55 years old.

I could go on and on about Russia's problems, but while the world becomes more open and tolerant, Russia goes backwards, it is becoming more intolerant, more racist, more isolated.

Look at you complaining about people working in Poland for 3 euros/hr while the minimum wage in Russia is 5500 rubles(114 euros)

Last edited by Repubocrat; 07-29-2014 at 10:37 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
I have nothing against Russia but you people are so brainwashed and unable to see the light. Russia is crumbling, the economy is crap, only 1/4 of Russian males live past 55 years old.

I could go on and on about Russia's problems, but while the world becomes more open and tolerant, Russia goes backwards, it is becoming more intolerant, more racist, more isolated.

Look at you complaining about people working in Poland for 3 euros/hr while the minimum wage in Russia is 5500 rubles(114 euros)
Russia is one of the largest economies in the world, it is hardly "crap". And while you claim it is deteriorating, going backwards, etc, it is in fact not doing this at all. Russia today under Putin is vastly better than ever before since its independence from the USSR. While Russia may be the front news today, it will never be isolated nor driven out of the global market system; Ukraine just is not important enough, nor ever will be important enough for countries to greatly cause negative impact to their economies.

As for the intolerant, racist, etc; that has little to no impact on a country,. China is one of the most bigoted, dictatorial, controlling countries in the world and it has the second largest economy. Saudi Arabia is a strict dictatorship that does not allow some of the most basic rights for its citizens, and is one of the world's largest sponsors of terrorism, yet its place and security is safe as the US considers it an ally with no threat of sanctions at all.

It is not Russia;s actions causing the issue, it is the West's selective reactions to it. While the US wanted to look all tough sending some gay delegation to Sochi, the US would not ever dare do such a thing to Saudi Arabia though Saudi Arabia has much stricter gay laws. Russia relatively is one of the best countries in the world to live in, you tend to forget this when you state "...while the world becomes..."

You want to know a country that is going to crumble economically? Ukraine, that is a country on its way down the tubes. Ukraine has effectively destroyed its industrial east, destroyed its relationship with its largest trade partner, and does not have any products for exporting to its new trade partner. Ukraine's problems are just starting, this separatist issue is going to look like small potatoes compared to what is coming in my opinion.

While I could write a dissertation on the problems with Russia, notice I am not looking to move their either, you and the West greatly exaggerate the issues there, and really love to state broadly about Russia's issues, but forget those issues are very mild compare to most of the world, and with numerous Western allies that get the fraction of the criticism (like how silent the US was when Saudi Arabia sent troops into Bahrain to smash the protesters a couple of years ago).

Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Russia is one of the largest economies in the world, it is hardly "crap". And while you claim it is deteriorating, going backwards, etc, it is in fact not doing this at all. Russia today under Putin is vastly better than ever before since its independence from the USSR. While Russia may be the front news today, it will never be isolated nor driven out of the global market system;
There is no point in arguing with you. You guys are so manipulated by the Kremlin BS propaganda. If you want to discuss economic indicators, I will give you two: HDI and GDP per capita.

HDI- Human Development Index- Russia ranks #57
GDP per Capita( 2014)- $14,818- #50 in the world behind Latvia and Lithuania

Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
It's common knowledge that David Hasslehoff reunited Germany. Sheesh, do you even have schools in Russia?
Apparently you bad with the school.
Apparently you bad with the school. It is well known fact. no.esli you did not know. here is an example-The London "Times" published an article its diplomatic editor Michael Binion, in which, with reference to unpublished documents from the archive of the Gorbachev Foundation alleges that during a meeting Margaret Thatcher and Mikhail Gorbachev in 1989, to discuss the possibility of unification of Germany and the German Democratic Republic, the British prime minister spoke out against their union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe